[Wand Interview]"I can't even speak English properly, much less read contracts"

he's f@cking rich he's got attorneys
this is just dumb excuses

Calm down guys. I'm sure after Wand 'talks to his attorneys' he will happily submit a sample. It may take awhile though.

My guess is that the commission felt uncomfortable having someone get their licence and therefore enter their jurisdiction to test with only 2 weeks to go before the fight. They'd had a meeting on May 13th and Wand didn't apply then so it was clear he was waiting till the last possible moment to apply so they stepped in. By trying to get him to sign on May 24th (when they showed up at his gym), they were getting him into their jurisdiction 6 weeks before the fight and when stuff would still be in his system if he was trying to cycle steroids.

Plus as another poster pointed out, they tested everybody that day. They needed his consent as he wasn't licenced

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's absolutely impossible to know without proof, and the AD of the NSAC seems determined to stay tight-lipped on the issue.

It will be interesting to see whether or not Wanderlei applies for a license when he gets back to the US.

Might you have a source for that? Thanks for the info

the MMAFighting article that was taken down. It had all the details from the NSAC, but it appears they changed their minds on what is confidential or not (because Wand had not yet applied for a license he had never signed a form that the NSAC can disclose his testing info), and changed to a "no comment" regarding Wand's test.

Brazil : where the lamest excuses live and die hard.

the MMAFighting article that was taken down. It had all the details from the NSAC, but it appears they changed their minds on what is confidential or not (because Wand had not yet applied for a license he had never signed a form that the NSAC can disclose his testing info), and changed to a "no comment" regarding Wand's test.

Shit. I'll try and search to see if someone has a Google image cache of it. Thanks again.

This is speculation. We don't know what they asked him to sign. Weather it was an application or just a peice of paper allowing them to test him. I would bet it would be the latter.

All we do know is that they needed his signiture to administer the drug test.

No, we have the NSAC code, and there it states explicitly that the capacity of them to collect test samples and carry them out is for those who are under a period of licensing.

Yes, we don't know for sure what the papers were, but there are good grounds to think these were the licensing application. What we do know is that he fled to Brazil and had not applied for a license until then.

This is a weak argument and I wish people would stop saying this...Would you really trust a person at the gym to be able to read and explain a contract on the same level a lawyer would?

No, but that person could read it and tell Wand that this is serious and looks legit, you better call your lawyer, UFC rep / NSAC, and sort this out.
Anyone that reads and understands English could have done that much.
They could also talk to the NSAC rep and get more info.

Might you have a source for that? Thanks for the info

Silva had been scheduled to fight Chael Sonnen on a featured matchup on July 5 in Las Vegas. Last week, with most of the card's key fighters in town for a pre-fight press conference, the Nevada commission chose to spring surprise tests on some of the fighters, commission members told FOX Sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/wanderlei-silva-still-under-ufc-contract-but-fate-in-commission-s-hands-053014

Commission executive director Bob Bennett and chairman Francisco Aguilar both confirmed to FOX Sports on Wednesday night that UFC 175 random testing was done last week, when several members of the card were in Las Vegas for a press conference to announce the show

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/as-another-legend-falls-random-testing-proves-its-value-052914

Both Silva and Sonnen were asked to undergo random drug tests while in Nevada last week for UFC 173. Sonnen complied with the request, however when asked to do the same, Silva refused.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/28/5759478/failure-to-apply-for-license-and-take-random-drug-led-to-wanderlei

sorry i am unable to provide you with a urine sample, for you see, i can't read.

So yeah not looking good for Wandy. It would appear he did not want to take that test, and the only reason an athlete would be worried about being tested is if he was on something.

When will fighters learn that the NSAC is going to test them at these pre-fight press conferences? The same shit happened with Overeem.

It will be interesting to see if Vitor gets licensed and if part of him being licensed will be the disclosure of the drug test he took at the earlier presser for 173 (when he and Weidman were originally expected to fight)

I didn't ignore any of your points, nor am I a fan of Wanderlei. Never have been. You don't know anymore about the situation than I do.

Not a Wandy fan, but I guess you know anymore about the situation than I do. And this is coming from a Chael Sonnen fan, lol.

What does not knowing "anymore about the situation" than you or I or anyone other than those present matter? Jesus, where the hell did you learn to argue? You sound like one of those brainwashed cultists when you post. I say "A," and you start talking about why zebras should have three legs.

It's like arguing with a five year old with ADD.

I don't know what happened or who is right, but this Hate Machine that is flowing pretending like Wand's side of the story is completely farfetched is just dumb.

I couldn't agree more.

so he isnt scared of being brutally KO'd but he is scared of being laid on for 3/5 rounds??

makes sense......

LOL, Chael GNP finishes a lot of guy, and he just submitted a guy who are just as dominated in Pride as Wand infact his training partner

Back