[Wand Interview]"I can't even speak English properly, much less read contracts"

I don't know what happened or who is right, but this Hate Machine that is flowing pretending like Wand's side of the story is completely farfetched is just dumb.

With the assumption there must be a logical explanation for "running" from a drug test.
I guess stranger things have happened.

You suddenly don't speak English when you are faced with a random drug test...Chael's story is actually more believable..

This is the guy that said he wanted to fuck Chuck. His English is not the best. Anyway it makes sense wanting his lawyer present for paperwork

No, we have the NSAC code, and there it states explicitly that the capacity of them to collect test samples and carry them out is for those who are under a period of licensing.

Yes, we don't know for sure what the papers were, but there are good grounds to think these were the licensing application. What we do know is that he fled to Brazil and had not applied for a license until then.

Actually,there aren't good grounds to think these were the licensing application papers seeing as Wanderlei hadn't even started the application yet. The commission doesn't come to the applicant and hand them papers. It is the opposite. It is 100% on the applicant to submit the papers to the NSAC. This is how all applications in any walk of life work.

Actually,there aren't good grounds to think these were the licensing application papers seeing as Wanderlei hadn't even started the application yet. The commission doesn't come to the applicant and hand them papers. It is the opposite. It is 100% on the applicant to submit the papers to the NSAC. This is how all applications in any walk of life work.

You are not following.

They need for him to be under licensing period to have jurisdiction to collect and test. That is what their code says. So, it is likely the papers were the licensing papers precisely because these are the papers that would allow them to randomly test him. That is why I am saying it makes sense that those papers were the licensing app papers.

Yes, the commission does not bring the papers to you, at least under normal circumstances. This might have been a rare occasion, since he had not applied and it was a month prior to the fight.

Translation would be the only English words I know are the words I uttered to Chael during TUF. :icon_lol:

You are not following.

They need for him to be under licensing period to have jurisdiction to collect and test. That is what their code says. So, it is likely the papers were the licensing papers precisely because these are the papers that would allow them to randomly test him. That is why I am saying it makes sense that those papers were the licensing app papers.

Yes, the commission does not bring the papers to you, at least under normal circumstances. This might have been a rare occasion, since he had not applied and it was a month prior to the fight.
AKA: We have no reason not to believe, other than the UFC's stance, that Wand could go apply a week before the fight, and legally get licensed as was planned.

Wand wasn't licensed at the time of the incident. It's not a legally binding situation if he refused their test at that time, nor does it preclude him from a license.

Last edited:
AKA: We have no reason not to believe, other than the UFC's stance, that Wand could go apply a week before the fight, and legally get licensed as was planned.

Wand wasn't licensed at the time of the paperwork. It's not a legally binding situation if he refused their test, nor does it preclude him from a license.

I think I agree, but am not sure if I follow.

You don't need to know english to piss in a cup.

Wand wasn't licensed at the time of the incident. It's not a legally binding situation if he refused their test at that time, nor does it preclude him from a license.

True, but the NSAC is never going to give a license to somebody who ran away from a random drug test. The NSAC seems pretty pissed at Wand, and the pres even challenged Wand to apply to see what would happen.

If what he is saying is true and it doesn't seem far fetched that it is, especially if there is a new guy running NSAC and things have changed then there is nothing wrong with wanting your lawyer there before you sign something. Smart people(who can afford it) use a lawyer for pretty much everything they sign. If the guy didn't have any credentials you don't sign something you can't read because a guy told you he was from somewhere.

Probably because in the past he's been able to review things with his lawyer, which is what he says he wanted to do, and in this instance he was told to sign something on the spot.

I don't know what happened or who is right, but this Hate Machine that is flowing pretending like Wand's side of the story is completely farfetched is just dumb.

This, get off Chael' TRT abusing shrunken nuts.

On a side note.

Can't believe I just agreed with Da Speeit.
It's like saying Redhawks is the most objective poster in the entire forum.

2nd point is also a good one

Probably because in the past he's been able to review things with his lawyer, which is what he says he wanted to do, and in this instance he was told to sign something on the spot.

Agreed. I haven't been following this drama very closely, because it's futile. However, signing documents even in your native language without representation can be dangerous, so I can't say I blame him for that.

You are not following.

You are correct which is my point. However, the NSAC can't just turn up to someones gym and give them licesnsing papers and tell them to take a test. It don't work like that.

Either he has already began his application or he hasn't. if he hasn't then they have no authority to test Wand.

Last edited:
so he isnt scared of being brutally KO'd but he is scared of being laid on for 3/5 rounds??

makes sense......

No, he is afraid of losing to Sonnen. He has talked a lot of smack and a guy like Silva would struggle after getting completely dominated by Sonnen. Silva had a punchers chance in this fight, likely only in the first round as he would have been exhausted after having Sonnen on top of him for 4:51 seconds in the first round.

You are correct which is my point. However, the NSAC can't just turn up to someones gym and give them licesnsing papers and tell them to take a test. It don't work like that.

Either he has already began his application or he hasn't. if he hasn't then they have no authority to test Wand.

If he is scheduled to have a fight in Nevada they sure do. This is exactly what happend to Vitor and to Overeem. Neither of them were licensed to fight, but they were tested. Wand was trying to play the system and not apply until the last second (thinking he wouldn't be tested until he applied), but the NSAC doesn't work like that anymore.

Back