Walker glass chin is related to massive weight cut

I was thinking the same but I think he still gets murked at he.

Lol power slap.
Next will be power punch.
Then power kick.
Then back to X-arm or whatever it was called.
Bunch of warriors.

This is the #Truth.

Great time to enjoy combat sporting events of all kind.

We've seen this before when Izzy koed Pereira

Walker belongs to the heavies

Once he moves up to his natural division we'll see the rise of Iron Chin Johnny

You are both right and wrong.

He really is a Heavyweight with his frame and build, so he definitely could go up there and probably light-up a few of the really bad athletes in that division. But he has terrible defense and an average chin, now he'd be fighting guys he can't hurt or scare as easily and if they land clean on him it's going to be a Hill-level KO all over again.

But he isn't THAT weight-drained like Pereira is to make weight - Walker is cutting from probably 240 to 205 (around 35), Pereira is cutting from 230 to 185 (around 45) and looks completely drawn out on the scales, far more excessive than Walker.

His problem has nothing to do with his chin or weight-class though, it's mostly a kind of janky-style that has no logical process on-top of all the technical flaws. How many Axe kicks/Wheel kicks/Spinning back-fists did he attempt in two rounds? And how many times have you been those moves KO an elite fighter at LHW?

He can't even pare down his game based on the level of fighter he is facing, he's basically destined to be an amusing gatekeeper to the elite that is such a freak athlete he can still hang and occasionally catch mid-tier/lower-level guys.

I don't think harder hitting fighters are the answer considering his defense and the fact he's been KO'd a few time already.

Walker getting destroyed by top talent isn't the end of his run -- he needs to find his LHW space to trade W's and L's for a few more paydays.

He is entertaining -- so definitely a worthy clown in Dana's Circus, for now.

Reinventing himself as a HW because he gets beat up at LHW seems a bit of a misadventure, but I'd watch.

It doesn’t help when he has a little head and poor defense.

Its hard for me to judge someones chin when they have atrocious defense and boxing fundamentals.

Seriously, Walker doesnt get dropped by jabs or light arm punches, he gets dropped by hard perfectly placed bombs because his horrible sense of range, footwork, timing, head movement, etc., results in him getting timed and eating flush shots.

Lmao he might even have a good chin because he rarely goes out cold while tanking nukes from guys like Hill

I made a case for this after the Hill fight, but I shut up about it because he went on a bit of a run afterward (albeit against lower-level competition).

Personally I still think it's worth exploring between Walker and his team. Most people never look beyond "lol he gets KO'd stiff by 205ers and you want to put him against even heavier punchers?!" That makes sense on its face... but it's worth remembering two things:

1.) As noted in the OP, it's very possible that Walker's chinniness is at least partially related to a horrendous weight cut. He is a visibly big 205er and I want to say I remember him saying once that he cuts a lot of weight. And while this is totally unscientific bro science bullshit on my end, the way his body sometimes reacts to getting hit clean is really weird -- it's the kind of way I've come to associate with drained fighters. That having been said, it's also worth keeping in mind that at this point in his career it's possible the cumulative damage is done and maybe there's no saving his chin -- and as noted above early on in the Brazilian regional scene he did take a TKO loss at HW. Which brings me to...

2.) Walker would bring things other than the hopes of a revitalized chin to his match-ups at HW. I don't think all that much of him as a fighter but he's still a lanky, athletic, and explosive guy who has worked some decent technical striking (distance management, footwork, shot selection) into his game for what he is. At Heavyweight -- especially lower-level Heavyweight -- a lot of the guys are basic plodders who don't deal well with those things. Not only that, but lately we've been at a weird place in the Heavyweight Division where there are more volume-boxers making up Heavyweight match-ups than ever before! Sure, I'd be afraid for Johnny against someone like Rozenstruik or even Justin Tafa potentially. He could win, but the chances of him getting caught at least once are so high. But against the Andrei Arlovskis, Martin Budays, and Marcin Tyburas of the division he'd probably do alright in terms of durability.

I just feel like we've seen his ceiling at 205 at this point... a Walker who adds just a bit of bulk and comes in at around ~240 -- give or take -- would be an interesting addition to Heavyweight. Not sure how far he'd get... but win or lose it would be a wild ride, lol. I also think he needs a dedicated camp change... but that's neither here nor there.

Nah I think its down to him being a wild fighter getting caught by shots off balance he doesnt see coming.

Nah, plenty of light heavyweights could've eaten the ko shot from Corey Anderson or the one that Ankalev dropped him with.

I made a case for this after the Hill fight, but I shut up about it because he went on a bit of a run afterward (albeit against lower-level competition).

Personally I still think it's worth exploring between Walker and his team. Most people never look beyond "lol he gets KO'd stiff by 205ers and you want to put him against even heavier punchers?!" That makes sense on its face... but it's worth remembering two things:

1.) As noted in the OP, it's very possible that Walker's chinniness is at least partially related to a horrendous weight cut. He is a visibly big 205er and I want to say I remember him saying once that he cuts a lot of weight. And while this is totally unscientific bro science bullshit on my end, the way his body sometimes reacts to getting hit clean is really weird -- it's the kind of way I've come to associate with drained fighters. That having been said, it's also worth keeping in mind that at this point in his career it's possible the cumulative damage is done and maybe there's no saving his chin -- and as noted above early on in the Brazilian regional scene he did take a TKO loss at HW. Which brings me to...

2.) Walker would bring things other than the hopes of a revitalized chin to his match-ups at HW. I don't think all that much of him as a fighter but he's still a lanky, athletic, and explosive guy who has worked some decent technical striking (distance management, footwork, shot selection) into his game for what he is. At Heavyweight -- especially lower-level Heavyweight -- a lot of the guys are basic plodders who don't deal well with those things. Not only that, but lately we've been at a weird place in the Heavyweight Division where there are more volume-boxers making up Heavyweight match-ups than ever before! Sure, I'd be afraid for Johnny against someone like Rozenstruik or even Justin Tafa potentially. He could win, but the chances of him getting caught at least once are so high. But against the Andrei Arlovskis, Martin Budays, and Marcin Tyburas of the division he'd probably do alright in terms of durability.

I just feel like we've seen his ceiling at 205 at this point... a Walker who adds just a bit of bulk and comes in at around ~240 -- give or take -- would be an interesting addition to Heavyweight. Not sure how far he'd get... but win or lose it would be a wild ride, lol. I also think he needs a dedicated camp change... but that's neither here nor there.

I don't really get the logic in taking the time to find a gif and posting said gif to say that you didn't read something. Like I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't expect anyone to read what I post since a lot of it is just me ranting into the ether... but the option to continue scrolling is there. But hey, attention and validation, amirite?

I don't really get the logic in taking the time to find a gif and posting said gif to say that you didn't read something. Like I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't expect anyone to read what I post since a lot of it is just me ranting into the ether... but the option to continue scrolling is there. But hey, attention and validation, amirite?

Back