[Video] McGregor & Sergey Kovalev in heated discussion

michael-bisping-yoel-romero-steroids.gif

LMFAO......Bro Nate Diaz uses like no kicks and he rocked and nearly KOd Conor....on 11 days notice......

Imagine with a real expert like Kovalev and with true KO power, will do to Conor...He will KTFO.
Yep. Not to mention Kovalev is a LHW and considered one of the hardest punchers in boxing. Lol

You're basically assuming a boxer is guarenteed to land a strike before someone can close the distance, also, at that range there's not even ebough room to cock a fist and land well. So I have no idea what you're talking about. Also, boxers don't train in the clinch, they train on fighting on the inside sure, but that's not clinch fighting. I don't know why you're finding it hard to admit that in clinch range the MMA fighter has a lot more options of attack and defense than the boxer.

In this situation there is no distance to close and yes I guarantee Kovelev can throw an uppercut faster than Connor can grab a clinch or shoot for a takedown. You don't have to "cock a fist" to throw an uppercut on the inside.

I Boxed for years when I was younger and yeah, we trained fighting out of a clinch, I have to assume that training continues at a pro level.

Probably for the same reason you refuse to admit that MMA fighters aren't invinsible and in a situation and distance like the one in the video are at a disadvantage against a Boxer who is much more trained and far superior at throwing punches in tight spaces.

This has nothing to do with "hating" Conor and everything to do with the myth that an MMA fighter is impossible to beat in any fighting situation. They're not fucking superheros dude.

In this situation there is no distance to close and yes I guarantee Kovelev can throw an uppercut faster than Connor can grab a clinch or shoot for a takedown. You don't have to "cock a fist" to throw an uppercut on the inside.

I Boxed for years when I was younger and yeah, we trained fighting out of a clinch, I have to assume that training continues at a pro level.

Probably for the same reason you refuse to admit that MMA fighters aren't invinsible and in a situation and distance like the one in the video are at a disadvantage against a Boxer who is much more trained and far superior at throwing punches in tight spaces.

This has nothing to do with "hating" Conor and everything to do with the myth that an MMA fighter is impossible to beat in any fighting situation. They're not fucking superheros dude.
My whole point is that you're relying on:

1. A sucker punch to be thrown.
2. The punch to land.
3. The punch thrown to land well enough to KO or seriously hurt.
4. The person recieving the punch to be completely unaware it's coming.
5. The person to be forced backwards by the punch.

My whole point is that if the punch doesn't do the needed damage instantly the boxer will most likely punch in to the clinch. And sure boxers are trained to escape and work from clinch positions, but nowhere near to the degree an MMA fighter is. I used to box too when I was younger and clinch positions in BJJ are a thousand times more challenging.

Also, if you think the punch thrown is guarenteed to KO a trained opponent (even if it's a sucker punch) think again.

So you clearly think that every single MMA fighter has an amazing grappling skillset.

You really think a guy like Klitschko/Wilder/Joshua has zero chance of KO'ing Stipe? A guy that got knocked out by Stefan Struve?

Or Kovalev would have zero chance of KOing Bisping?
If it were a stand up fight. Then obviously the boxer has a very high chance of getting the win. But the odds go down greatly when you a allow muay thai skill set and drop off completely when you allow take downs and subs

If it were a stand up fight. Then obviously the boxer has a very high chance of getting the win. But the odds go down greatly when you a allow muay thai skill set and drop off completely when you allow take downs and subs

A Muay Thai skillset? Like Klitschko being a 34-1 world champion kickboxer?

It's not like all boxers have never trained in anything else ever either.

Here's Vasyl Lomachenko at age 11 training wrestling and sambo:

Artur Beterbiev trained in wrestling.

Kermit Cintron wrestled in high school and college and would have been an excellent MMA transition. He wanted to fight Sean Sherk at one point.

My whole point is that you're relying on:

1. A sucker punch to be thrown.
2. The punch to land.
3. The punch thrown to land well enough to KO or seriously hurt.
4. The person recieving the punch to be completely unaware it's coming.
5. The person to be forced backwards by the punch.

My whole point is that if the punch doesn't do the needed damage instantly the boxer will most likely punch in to the clinch. And sure boxers are trained to escape and work from clinch positions, but nowhere near to the degree an MMA fighter is. I used to box too when I was younger and clinch positions in BJJ are a thousand times more challenging.

Also, if you think the punch thrown is guarenteed to KO a trained opponent (even if it's a sucker punch) think again.

Kay. At least it seems we are starting to find a middle ground here.

I'm not saying it will be a sucker punch, I'm saying Kovalev would get off first if Conor made an aggressive motion and based on Kovelevs power it seem like a pretty safe assumtion that the punch would at the very least stun him and based on the range and hand speed advantage as well as size advantage held by Kovelev that second of Conor being stunned would be enough time to land 2 or 3 more follow up punches which I find it hard to believe Conor could take.

That and the fact Conor has shown very little as far as a clinch and grappling game and is primarily a Boxer himself would lead you to the rational conclusion that he would be at a disadvantage in this senario.

Obviously we will never know for sure but I would have to say the safe money would be on Kovalev.

so there is a myth going around that connor is an amazing wrestler now?

Thank you.

A lot of these fucking failed abortions on here don't understand basic logic. Partially because they've never been in one of these "street fights".

Street fights are won by the dude who shows up with a gun or a big ass machete. Secondly, even with no weapons involved, they're chaotic events governed by how vicious someone wants to be.

Anyone who's been anywhere near a real street fight knows about the eye gouging, scratching, biting, ball grabbing. I want you to try and put someone in some kind of chokehold while the other person is trying to bite and scratch you while tearing your nuts off.

Know what the best policy is in a street fight ? To run the fuck away from it. You know what helps said policy ? To quickly strike someone, temporarily incapacitate them and thereby buy extra time to get away.

You know who has the best shot of landing a quick strike to the face ? A fucking Boxer, whose hands will always be faster than some MMA fuck.

so there is a myth going around that connor is an amazing wrestler now?
Not really, some people have just been stating that an mma fighter would most likely outwrestle a pro boxer in a 'fight' and apparently it upset some people here

Thank you.

A lot of these fucking failed abortions on here don't understand basic logic. Partially because they've never been in one of these "street fights".

Street fights are won by the dude who shows up with a gun or a big ass machete. Secondly, even with no weapons involved, they're chaotic events governed by how vicious someone wants to be.

Anyone who's been anywhere near a real street fight knows about the eye gouging, scratching, biting, ball grabbing. I want you to try and put someone in some kind of chokehold while the other person is trying to bite and scratch you while tearing your nuts off.

Know what the best policy is in a street fight ? To run the fuck away from it. You know what helps said policy ? To quickly strike someone, temporarily incapacitate them and thereby buy extra time to get away.

You know who has the best shot of landing a quick strike to the face ? A fucking Boxer, whose hands will always be faster than some MMA fuck.

I just find it frustrating how much bullshit you hear now a days about Boxing not being real fighting. In what fucking universe is punching someone until they can no longer continue not considered fighting.

The "Boxers would have no idea how to defend a takedown" narrative is also absurd. This implies that a high school Wrestler would always beat a pro Boxer in a street fight which is ridiculous.

I Boxed and also started Wrestling in Highschool. I'll admit I was never a great Wrestler but in my highschool career I was only ever taken down and pinned once. Being freakishly strong for my size then helped a lot with that but having a basic knowledge of physics and movement coupled with good instincts helped a lot more.

To act like MMA fighters are invinsible in any fighting situation because they have a servicable knowledge of striking, ground and clinch fighting but with rare exceptions a mastery of none is just foolish and delusional.

This is why we've seen so many fighters with limited eperience become champions and even GOAT canditates so quickly. The most important part of fighting no matter the disipline is instinct and understanding of body physics coupled with heart. If you have these attributes you always have a chance no matter what.

I just find it frustrating how much bullshit you hear now a days about Boxing not being real fighting. In what fucking universe is punching someone until they can no longer continue not considered fighting.

The "Boxers would have no idea how to defend a takedown" narrative is also absurd. This implies that a high school Wrestler would always beat a pro Boxer in a street fight which is ridiculous.

I Boxed and also started Wrestling in Highschool. I'll admit I was never a great Wrestler but in my highschool career I was only ever taken down and pinned once. Being freakishly strong for my size then helped a lot with that but having a basic knowledge of physics and movement coupled with good instincts helped a lot more.

To act like MMA fighters are invinsible in any fighting situation because they have a servicable knowledge of striking, ground and clinch fighting but with rare exceptions a mastery of none is just foolish and delusional.

This is why we've seen so many fighters with limited eperience become champions and even GOAT canditates so quickly. The most important part of fighting no matter the disipline is instinct and understanding of body physics coupled with heart. If you have these attributes you always have a chance no matter what.

This man knows what he's talking about.

We need more posters like him on here, and less fucktards.

Kay. At least it seems we are starting to find a middle ground here.

I'm not saying it will be a sucker punch, I'm saying Kovalev would get off first if Conor made an aggressive motion and based on Kovelevs power it seem like a pretty safe assumtion that the punch would at the very least stun him and based on the range and hand speed advantage as well as size advantage held by Kovelev that second of Conor being stunned would be enough time to land 2 or 3 more follow up punches which I find it hard to believe Conor could take.

That and the fact Conor has shown very little as far as a clinch and grappling game and is primarily a Boxer himself would lead you to the rational conclusion that he would be at a disadvantage in this senario.

Obviously we will never know for sure but I would have to say the safe money would be on Kovalev.

This is where I take issue. Alvarez had nothing in the clinch for McGregor and he also smashed Diaz up pretty good in the clinch.

But the point is, you don't have to be the best in MMA in clinch range to be way more advanced in that position than a boxer.

Thank you.

Im sorry but this was spoken like someone who has never been near a street fight. You got one thing right and that is that they are chaotic.

No one has ever tried to eye gouge me, bite me or try to tear my nuts off im not saying that that never happen though. Are you saying that a martial artists skills instantly go out the window as soon as a drunk man tries to rip his nut sack off?

One thing that nearly all of them have is some form of grappling though and that would instantly give the MMA fighter an advantage.

But yea it would be chaos so anything could happen, they boxer could easily KO the MMA fighter with a quick sucker punch . Or he could miss and go straight into a clinch, anything could happen.

Thank you.

You sound like a pussy. Your whole post about fighting with weapons and sucker punches just scream little fucking bitch.
Even in street fights, there's unspoken rules.
If someone in a street fight started grabbing balls, he would and should get stomped out by every other man watching. Sucker punches too. You're getting beat down for stuff like that.
To be clear, what you're talking about is assault. There's a difference.

I'll admit I was never a great Wrestler but in my highschool career I was only ever taken down and pinned once. but having a basic knowledge of physics and movement coupled with good instincts helped a lot more.

spoken like a true JV wrestler nerd

Back