*[VIDEO] Lomachenko sparring in preperation for CoGar

one of the few guys that makes me excited to watch boxing again
(I know he isnt lesser know,but if anyone could recommend other boxers, let me know)
this guy is something else

His footwork and speed are second to none, he would be able to avoid all the grappling and lit them up on feet

You really don't know anything about fighting, do you?

<{Heymansnicker}>

short of athletic freak, prime Cro Cop, you don't just stop years (possibly decades) of elite level wrestling and "light up" (mma) wrestlers.

He clearly doesn't understand that.

I'm not even going to try explaining to him why he's wrong because it's such a stupid thing to argue about. I know he already has his mind made up about it, so it'd just be a waste of time.

Doug Funnie throwing real punches while Lomachenko just taps him. Lomachenko snaps his head back in the end by just touching him with the jab.

Looks like Ronda vs Vic Darchinyan

This is what #MayMac will look like

it always looks weird watching a real fighter have to limit himself by boxing

lomachenko is one of a kind
He would make any mma fighter look stupid

Yes, tj seemed to be doing as good as you'd hope. But who can tell from a 16 second video hah
I liked what I saw from TJ's footwork
I know no boxer would ever do it, because it'll get you in trouble quick in the pocket but I've always wondered how switching stances to counter being turned would work. Not many guys do it, Ward is the only contemporary guy that I can think of that'll switch stances if he's being turned in a direction he doesn't want to be
Got a flash of it here with TJ/Lomachenko, but Lomachenko still cut him off immediately.

You really don't know anything about fighting, do you?

<{Heymansnicker}>

He clearly doesn't understand that.

I'm not even going to try explaining to him why he's wrong because it's such a stupid thing to argue about. I know he already has his mind made up about it, so it'd just be a waste of time.

I don't think lomachenko would just walk through high level MMA fighters and win a belt. But on paper he does even better than Crocop. Lomachenko wouldn't be starting from scratch he actually did wrestle when he was young and there are videos of him wrestling

Lomachenko is amazing to watch, lucky TJ getting the chance. I'd pay money to see the whole session

Yeah, you don't get much out of 16 seconds but 16 minutes? I'd really like to see that too. A l
one of the few guys that makes me excited to watch boxing again
(I know he isnt lesser know,but if anyone could recommend other boxers, let me know)
this guy is something else

Dmitry Bivol is a guy I really enjoy watching right now, he's only 26 and already the Interim WBA champion. He could very well be the heir to the Light Heavyweight throne in boxing, I could see him beating Kovalev or Ward possibly in a year or two's time.

Check out Ryan Ford, he retired from MMA fighter (22-5MMA) to box professional. He beat an Olympic Gold medalist in his 5th pro boxing bout in Thailand, he won the UBO Light Heavyweight beating Sam Rapira who was 15-3 Professionally but 59-11 amateur with a 3x New Zealand national champion. Ford's 11-0 professionally in boxing, his next bout is in may vs Robert Berridge who's 29-6-1 professionally in Boxing and Berridge has been in there with several top 10 guys. (Dmitry Bivol most recently for the interim WBA title ironically)

Oleksandr Usyk, you've probably heard of him but he's pretty amazing to watch. He's the Cruiserweight champion in Boxing right now from the Ukraine, former Olympic Gold Medalist. He didn't start training boxing until around 18, he's quite a natural.

Gilberto Ramirez, another champion I like watching. Just a relentless Mexican warrior, I think he's the future of boxing at only 25 from what I've seen. Definitely worth checking him out.

Some forgotten gem's in Boxing who's styles I love to gawk at are Dmitry Pirog from Russia and Laszlo Papp who was the first ever 3x Olympic Gold medalist in boxing and to this day the only 1 of 3, many consider him the greatest amateur boxer of all time, he won every bout he ever fought in the Olympics and only lost 1 round at the Olympics. Papp also fought professional and went 27-0-2 but had to retire due to communism in Hungary.

Last edited:
Yeah, you don't get much out of 16 seconds but 16 minutes? I'd really like to see that too. A l

Dmitry Bivol is a guy I really enjoy watching right now, he's only 26 and already the Interim WBA champion. He could very well be the heir to the Light Heavyweight throne in boxing, I could see him beating Kovalev or Ward possibly in a year or two's time.

Check out Ryan Ford, he retired from MMA fighter (22-5MMA) to box professional. He beat an Olympic Gold medalist in his 5th pro boxing bout in Thailand, he won the UBO Light Heavyweight beating Sam Rapira who was 15-3 Professionally but 59-11 amateur with a 3x New Zealand national champion. Ford's 11-0 professionally in boxing, his next bout is in may vs Robert Berridge who's 29-6-1 professionally in Boxing and Berridge has been in there with several top 10 guys. (Dmitry Bivol most recently for the interim WBA title ironically)

Oleksandr Usyk, you've probably heard of him but he's pretty amazing to watch. He's the Cruiserweight champion in Boxing right now from the Ukraine, former Olympic Gold Medalist. He didn't start training boxing until around 18, he's quite a natural.

Gilberto Ramirez, another champion I like watching. Just a relentless Mexican warrior, I think he's the future of boxing at only 25 from what I've seen. Definitely worth checking him out.

Some forgotten gem's in Boxing who's styles I love to gawk at are Dmitry Pirog from Russia and Laszlo Papp who was the first ever 3x Olympic Gold medalist in boxing and to this day the only 1 of 3, many consider him the greatest amateur boxer of all time, he won every bout he ever fought in the Olympics and only lost 1 at the Olympics. Papp also fought professional and went 27-0-2 but had to retire due to communism in Hungary.

+10 for this post

At least TJ did not release an "edited version" to make himself look good and pretty much said he got schooled.

lol

Lomachenko is far more of an athetlic freak than Crocop ever dreamed of being

CroCop accomplished championships and top status in multiple combat sports, I don't believe CroCop needs to dream of Lomachenko's athleticism. CroCop is proven, he came into Pride from K1 and was able to compete and at times beat top mma fighters.

anyway, I was just addressing the comment "he would be able to avoid all the grappling and lit them up on feet" , possible since he has fighting/boxing background but not a fair statement going into mma-rules fight.

Some forgotten gem's in Boxing who's styles I love to gawk at are Dmitry Pirog from Russia and Laszlo Papp who was the first ever 3x Olympic Gold medalist in boxing and to this day the only 1 of 3, many consider him the greatest amateur boxer of all time, he won every bout he ever fought in the Olympics and only lost 1 round at the Olympics. Papp also fought professional and went 27-0-2 but had to retire due to communism in Hungary.

Great post. Thanks.

people who box or have boxed understand the gap btwn mma striker and legit boxer, props to tj for taking this on; pretty much went how i would have expected

CroCop accomplished championships and top status in multiple combat sports, I don't believe CroCop needs to dream of Lomachenko's athleticism. CroCop is proven, he came into Pride from K1 and was able to compete and at times beat top mma fighters.

anyway, I was just addressing the comment "he would be able to avoid all the grappling and lit them up on feet" , possible since he has fighting/boxing background but not a fair statement going into mma-rules fight.

Pride era cro cop was not clean.

Lomachenko is such a beast. I have him top 5 p4p already.

Back