(Video) How Conor defends Khabib's takedowns

It seems like this video is regurgitating points from a BJJ Scout video ages ago.

I would bet my house on McGregor winning this fight.

Why don't you do it if you are so sure? Conor is the underdog, tons of money to make for all you geniuses who think the outcome of the fight is so obvious!

Average house sale in the US is just below $400,000. At +130 it's basically a free $520,000!

Absolutely i do know the difference. Thats why i said they get tired from trying to get back up which is very hard to do vs Khabib. Eddie Bravo said it. You gotta work from the bottom, try to submit him and use your intelligence instead of strength in trying to get back up on the feet. He knows excatly what Khabib's gonna do, its really not that hard to avoid his takedowns. You think Khabib is just gonna rush on him? Well, thats what Aldo did. The greatest FW of all times. It took him thurteen seconds.

UnitedBraveIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Good luck with Khabib's D-level stand up.

That's not even Khabib.

Conor has 2 rounds to hit his homerun. If it doesnt happen I imagine he will be exhausted from Khabibs pace after not fighting for 2 years.
did you evern watch the presser? Conor said he is ready for a 5 round WAR.
RIP bluelips

Eddie Bravo said it. You gotta work from the bottom, try to submit him
Something Clowner will not be able to do due to a tremendous skill mismatch in both wrestling and BJJ. Khabib made RDA look like a novice on the ground and he's a BJJ blackbelt with some accolades. The only thing Clowner will be able to do on the ground is eat punches and try to get back up.

its really not that hard to avoid his takedowns
Lmao. Conor has been taken down by Diaz of all people. He has been taken down by anyone who actually bothered to try and take him down. The Aldo .gif you've posted is the result of Aldo having toilet level fight IQ and trying to strike with a counter puncher while being predominantly a wrestler. You are delusional.

You think Khabib is just gonna rush on him?
No, I think Khabib is not going to act like a brain-dead Aldo and actually shoot for the single. You know, do the same thing he did against Al, taking him down in the first two minutes of the first round (when Al was fresh and at his best with TDDs) with pretty much ZERO striking setup.

Well, thats what Aldo did.
Yes, because Aldo was retarded in that fight and had the fight IQ of a slug.

In other words, Clowner is going to find himself on his back in the first round, because as Khabib has said himself: he's just going to shoot low until the cows come home.

I mean, I guess the video is ok but the comparisons are just of different worlds.
This is like showing khabib take punches from some of the cans he fought and saying that's how he's going to defend conors' striking(also lol, he can just 'sprawl and pull khabib up' like none of the other guys khabib fought heard of a 'sprawl').
I think we all know the reality that conor has to connect with something really meaningful in the first 2 rounds or he's toast, that's it.

What people need to understand:
  • Khabib has baby power in his punches. His grip strength might be off the charts good but the strikes provide no serious power.
  • He relies on G&P and cant even finish anyone with it. His opponents are more and more tired with time but apparently thats not enough to finish them. People call it mauling (mostly because of the hype created by Rogan) but its really soft for this weight class, his opponents are tired from trying to get back up, not from the damage they take.
  • Khabib is a really simple man. Both outside and inside the cage, his technique is so basic, so plain that im shocked nobody exposed him yet.
  • Conor is on another level of skill. I believe when it comes to tactics Khabib will be the easiest opponent. Conor's stand up game he can do basically anything, Khabib can only take him down and put on some bantamweight level ground & pound.
  • McGregor's last fight was 30 minutes + of boxing vs the greatest deffensive boxer of all times. Yes, the fatigue got to him but if his cardio is even better now i can't see him having any problems with beating Khabib now. I believe he will expose him in spectacular fashion, might even submit him. Conor ran through the FW division like they are flyweights and destroyed the LW champion. Yet they keep underrating him. His only loss in the UFC was to WW, and we all know Nate Diaz has one of the best chins in the UFC history, Conor still managed to knock him down in the 2nd fight and Khabib is much easier to hit, his chin is sticking out just like Tony's is - and thats like swimming with sharks when you fight such talented knockout artist as McGregory.

I would bet my house on McGregor winning this fight.

Lol I'm leaning towards taking Conor myself, but this post is just wildly over the top ridiculous (to the point of being comical).

I hope you're trolling.

This over exaggerates what Conor is doing and how effective he is with it. His "antennae" doesn't help him that much but serves more of a distance gauging technique than some sort of important TD defense. The thrust with the elbow from it can work only on small physically weak opponents, it won't push back or stop Khabib. The video also shown how Conor defends double legs, not single legs against the cage, so it ignores this aspect entirely and trudges forward. This is too hypothetical and bases itself on exaggerating Conor's ability from some cherry picked moments in his whole career and makes it appear like a guaranteed effective line of defense when it moves to another line of defense, like building something on unsteady framework.

Your entire post can be called out as being nothing more than nonsense based on the sole fact that you do not understand the difference between boxing and grappling cardio. I'm going to reiterate a post that deals with Conor's cardio I've posted in a different thread, because I'm too lazy to type it all from the beginning.

Conor is a striker who has predominantly developed fast twitch type muscles which tire very fast when confronted with a grueling and prolonged grappling engagement where you need to maintain contraction for prolonged periods of time (i.e. struggling for wrist control, fighting for underhooks and so on). Conor may have some good sweeps, but they're not going to save him, because Khabib will just take him down again, most likely not even giving Conor the luxury of breaking free entirely and creating some distance between him and Khabib due to Khabib's amazing chain wrestling.

As the takedown->get up cycle continues (assuming Khabib fails his top control, which is unlikely in the first place), Conor is going to tire out much faster than Khabib due to Conor being a fast twitch type of striker first and foremost. Again, this is assuming Khabib fails to control Conor from the top which is highly unlikely. Most likely Khabib will just take Conor down and keep him there, tenderizing his head and ribs with GnP, grinding his gas tank to dust. When Conor gets up and breaks free of Khabib's clutches, he's going to be a flat-footed, gassed bum with zero knockout power due to his arms and legs being filled with lead.

This is the reason why some people (me included) think that all Khabib needs to do in order to win is take Conor down once, since later takedowns will come much easier due to Conor getting tired, creating a snowball effect.
Al Iaquinta

People get so incredibly carried away with what khabib does vs journeymen. Al was a real estate agent that fought once in 3 years and is never going to be a top 10 guy.

Look at all the decisions Khabib has. Conor has stopped everone in the ufc except diaz at 170. Diaz has only been stopped by eating a head kick and even then he needed follow up pounding to end it

Conor gassed in a round and a half vs Diaz 1. He went all 5 in the rematch and even won a championship round. Diaz pushes a relentless pace. Conor adjusts and evolves. Mendes took Conor down multiple times. Alvarez didn't. Both have a striking threat and use it to set up takedowns. Khabib does not.

Khabib will grind out a decision or possibly find a sub. He's not a big finisher and he also get tired. If he fights like he did vs Iaquinta he's getting fucked up. I don't think he's had enough time to evolve

Al Iaquinta

People get so incredibly carried away with what khabib does vs journeymen. Al was a real estate agent that fought once in 3 years and is never going to be a top 10 guy.

Look at all the decisions Khabib has. Conor has stopped everone in the ufc except diaz at 170. Diaz has only been stopped by eating a head kick and even then he needed follow up pounding to end it

Conor gassed in a round and a half vs Diaz 1. He went all 5 in the rematch and even won a championship round. Diaz pushes a relentless pace. Conor adjusts and evolves. Mendes took Conor down multiple times. Alvarez didn't. Both have a striking threat and use it to set up takedowns. Khabib does not.

Khabib will grind out a decision or possibly find a sub. He's not a big finisher and he also get tired. If he fights like he did vs Iaquinta he's getting fucked up. I don't think he's had enough time to evolve
Yes, Al - a better wrestler than Conor with actual college wrestling background on top of his MMA training. While Al is not NCAA level, he still comes from a wrestling background and his wrestling is superior to Conor's as is his TDD. Khabib took him within 2 minutes of the first round without even bothering to set up the single with striking, he'll do the same to Conor.

Something Clowner will not be able to do due to a tremendous skill mismatch in both wrestling and BJJ. Khabib made RDA look like a novice on the ground and he's a BJJ blackbelt with some accolades. The only thing Clowner will be able to do on the ground is eat punches and try to get back up.

Lmao. Conor has been taken down by Diaz of all people. He has been taken down by anyone who actually bothered to try and take him down. The Aldo .gif you've posted is the result of Aldo having toilet level fight IQ and trying to strike with a counter puncher while being predominantly a wrestler. You are delusional.

No, I think Khabib is not going to act like a brain-dead Aldo and actually shoot for the single. You know, do the same thing he did against Al, taking him down in the first two minutes of the first round (when Al was fresh and at his best with TDDs) with pretty much ZERO striking setup.

Yes, because Aldo was retarded in that fight and had the fight IQ of a slug.

In other words, Clowner is going to find himself on his back in the first round, because as Khabib has said himself: he's just going to shoot low until the cows come home.

You are saying this like Khabib has some master race fight IQ. Trust me, he will get exposed beautifully. Just tune in Oct 6th. And then come back to this thread. All respect ! :)

You are saying this like Khabib has some master race fight IQ.
He has enough fight IQ to actually utilize his tools instead of playing to Conor's strength like Aldo did. Hell, even Eddie is guilty of this as he really tried to shoot only after getting sparked up on the feet.

he will get exposed beautifully
Yeah, he will get "exposed" as having a fight IQ above that of a brick. That's all he needs to do in order to perform better than Aldo.

EDIT: From another PoV, maybe Aldo's sacrifice to the Just Bleed Gods was necessary in order to warn Khabib not to try and strike with Conor. I think Aldo did a favor to Khabib with his humiliating blunder.

Lol I'm leaning towards taking Conor myself, but this post is just wildly over the top ridiculous (to the point of being comical).

I hope you're trolling.
Do you have any arguments or just empty insulting talk like a typical sherdogger?

Is too hard to analyse this fight fact is khabib never faced level of striking like conor and conor never faced grappling level like khabib.

Khabib chain wrestling is something conor never delt with before khabib won't give up after the first single leg fails he'll swith to body lock then trip then single again or just pick him up and slam him and he can do it for 5 rounds.

Yes, Al - a better wrestler than Conor with actual college wrestling background on top of his MMA training. While Al is not NCAA level, he still comes from a wrestling background and his wrestling is superior to Conor's as is his TDD. Khabib took him within 2 minutes of the first round without even bothering to set up the single with striking, he'll do the same to Conor.
Al's TDD is nothing special, like the rest of his game. 2 minutes on the feet vs Conor is game over vs Conor. Think Chael vs Anderson. It's panic wrestling or getting lit the fuck up. Khabib can certainly get Conor down and is a top notch wrestler, but 2 minutes to get the job done is a death sentence. If he Can't execute Chaels gameplan and actually needs time to set his TD's up, he's fooked

Al's TDD is nothing special, like the rest of his game. 2 minutes on the feet vs Conor is game over vs Conor. Think Chael vs Anderson. It's panic wrestling or getting lit the fuck up. Khabib can certainly get Conor down and is a top notch wrestler, but 2 minutes to get the job done is a death sentence. If he Can't execute Chaels gameplan and actually needs time to set his TD's up, he's fooked
Al stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times

Nice carefully chosen clips of Conor defending takedowns against non wrestlers lol Come on dude we all know Conor got taken down by Denis Siver lol

Nice carefully chosen clips of Conor defending takedowns against non wrestlers lol Come on dude we all know Conor got taken down by Denis Siver lol
How Conor defends takedowns: He never fights wrestlers, and the one time he did he was on his back most of the fight.

{<jordan}

Back