(Video) How Conor defends Khabib's takedowns

LOL at this nonsense/nut-hugger hype. Where’s the footage of canner defending diaz’s takedowns? In their first fight, diaz took him down with one of the most basic, rudimentary single-legs ever seen in recent memory and mcgregor offered zero resistance in defending it. It’s comical how people pretend conner is some sort of tdd genius because he was able to outmuscle guys he had huge size advantages against.
You mean the gracie breakdown with ortega that highlighted the x-guard sweep that Conor performed after that takedown and called it an expert level move?! Well there's that video. If everyone had to post a video in response to a video we'd be here for days. Just watch the video or don't, and shut your damn mouth kid!

in wrestling if your ass hits the floor you got taken down budday

Check the stats budday, fightmetric or official UFC stats on site. Siver went 0 for 3. Those were not completed take downs as Conor kept himself up with his hands and Siver never secured control to complete the takedown.

Check the stats budday, fightmetric of official UFC stats site. Siver went 0 for 3. Those were not completed take downs as Conor kept himself up with his hands and Siver never secured control to complete the takedown.

Siver took him down.

No he did not, he came close. But those are not scored as take downs as Siver didnt assume control and fully complete the take down. This has been a misconception for a few years, any site including UFC and fightmetric have Siver 0 for 3 on his td attempts.

Absolutely i do know the difference. Thats why i said they get tired from trying to get back up which is very hard to do vs Khabib. Eddie Bravo said it. You gotta work from the bottom, try to submit him and use your intelligence instead of strength in trying to get back up on the feet. He knows excatly what Khabib's gonna do, its really not that hard to avoid his takedowns. You think Khabib is just gonna rush on him? Well, thats what Aldo did. The greatest FW of all times. It took him thurteen seconds.

UnitedBraveIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Good luck with Khabib's D-level stand up.

That's not khabib? And conor doesn't throw a nice check hook like that.

JDS vs Cain 2 went all 5 rounds and its considered one of the most brutal beatdowns in MMA history.

Khabibs GNP is devastating, I don't think Conor can handle it.
Khabib has decent GNP. It’s not devastating. If anything, Khabib is quite intelligent with it and after establishing dominance he seems to pace himself pretty well. He did this in both the Barboza fight and the Iaquinta fight.

Conor/Khabib being a five rounder, I can see Khabib pushing the pace early and being satisfied with control and some persistent but measured GNP in later rounds.

Of course, that won’t happen if either Conor stops him, or if Khabib makes Conor wilt badly as he fatigues.

No he did not, he came close. But those are not scored as take downs as Siver didnt assume control and fully complete the take down. This has been a misconception for a few years, any site including UFC and fightmetric have Siver 0 for 3 on his td attempts.

It was relevant to the match up with Khabib.

lol Fightmetric doesn't mean shit that would count as a takedown in the sport of wrestling you see where Conor's butt hit the floor that's 2 points

So now there were in a wrestling match?? I thought it was mma they were fighting....were going by mma rules buddy. Conors butt didnt even hit the ground ....you can clearly see him holding himself up with his hands and on the second attempt its his leg that's down. Neither of those times Siver actually completed the take down because he didnt have control of Conor on the ground and Conor's butt and hips didnt hit the ground. That's a completed take down in mma when the butt and hips are on the ground and the fighter has control even briefly.

Take fightmetric out of it...whatever. But the official UFC stats clearly didnt give Siver either take down. Sorry man but you're incorrect here. You can't argue with what the UFC rules as take downs

Last edited:
It was relevant to the match up with Khabib.

Well yah, I mean if Siver can get that deep on a takedown.....Khabib should be able to easily complete that. However, that fight was nearly 4 years ago, Conor has had years to develop his tdd

So now there were in a wrestling match?? I thought it was mma they were fighting....were going by mma rules buddy. Conors butt didnt even hit the ground ....you can clearly see him holding himself up with his hands and on the second attempt its his leg that's down. Neither of those times Siver actually completed the take down because he didnt have control of Conor on the ground and Conor's butt and hips didnt hit the ground. That's a completed take down in mma when the butt and hips are on the ground and the fighter has control even briefly.

Take fightmetric out of it...whatever. But the official UFC stats clearly didnt give Siver either take down. Sorry man but you're incorrect here. You can't argue with what the UFC rules as take downs

You will defend Conor's butt cheeks to the death you can pretend Conor is a guy with better takedown defense than Barboza and Michael Johnson all you want but I just don't see it.. I see Conor going down and when he goes down he's getting absolutely manhandled.

Watched like thirty seconds of the vide, because although it's cool to watch Conor framing midgets, that shit is less effective against bigger opponents.

Also Conor only frames to prevent the distance closing. Giving an arm to an opponent focusing on a body's lock seems a bit stupid.

MMA math is so pathetically basic

Edit: Watched the whole thing and im even more upset lol. What the actual fuck. Mcgregors going to underhook khabibs ankle level single leg and pull him up to a body lock?
Fuark.
Exactly what I saw and instantly wondered. Conor's going to stop that low bull rush of Khabib with an under hook, or in the case of the video an over hook? What in the actual fuck, Conor's going to stop Khabib with a whizzer? Is Khabib going to hit every TD attempt? No, but he has already said he is going to be spamming them, ala Cain. Going to be a long tiring night for Conor, who already had cardio issues when he was a lot more active, plus he has a tendency to panic on bottom. How do you think he's going to deal with the smothering pressure from the guy with the best top game in the sport?

If anyone remembers Chael fighting Marquartdt, that is precisely how I see this fight going, and Nate had a much better ground game than Conor.

What people need to understand:
  • Khabib has baby power in his punches. His grip strength might be off the charts good but the strikes provide no serious power.
  • He relies on G&P and cant even finish anyone with it. His opponents are more and more tired with time but apparently thats not enough to finish them. People call it mauling (mostly because of the hype created by Rogan) but its really soft for this weight class, his opponents are tired from trying to get back up, not from the damage they take.
  • Khabib is a really simple man. Both outside and inside the cage, his technique is so basic, so plain that im shocked nobody exposed him yet.
  • Conor is on another level of skill. I believe when it comes to tactics Khabib will be the easiest opponent. Conor's stand up game he can do basically anything, Khabib can only take him down and put on some bantamweight level ground & pound.
  • McGregor's last fight was 30 minutes + of boxing vs the greatest deffensive boxer of all times. Yes, the fatigue got to him but if his cardio is even better now i can't see him having any problems with beating Khabib now. I believe he will expose him in spectacular fashion, might even submit him. Conor ran through the FW division like they are flyweights and destroyed the LW champion. Yet they keep underrating him. His only loss in the UFC was to WW, and we all know Nate Diaz has one of the best chins in the UFC history, Conor still managed to knock him down in the 2nd fight and Khabib is much easier to hit, his chin is sticking out just like Tony's is - and thats like swimming with sharks when you fight such talented knockout artist as McGregory.

I would bet my house on McGregor winning this fight.
Bet slip...

Well there you have Khabib won’t be able to take Conor down.

Khabib has decent GNP. It’s not devastating. If anything, Khabib is quite intelligent with it and after establishing dominance he seems to pace himself pretty well. He did this in both the Barboza fight and the Iaquinta fight.

Conor/Khabib being a five rounder, I can see Khabib pushing the pace early and being satisfied with control and some persistent but measured GNP in later rounds.

Of course, that won’t happen if either Conor stops him, or if Khabib makes Conor wilt badly as he fatigues.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if Conor quits on the stool after brutal GNP in the 1st round.

Back