Video: Dillon Danis training boxing

with that level of boxing he must use his bjj. right now he sucks at boxing.

Well what do people expect? He's been training box for less than a year. I dont think Werdum looked any better in his first year. Some grapplers pick up striking well and others have a very difficult time with the transition.

Each cost like $50

Edit: yep

94b7deb0eb791d5fc5a65ecf7d7a7b26.png

I thought these were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hats for the longest time.

Leads with an uppercut... I like it! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
God he looks awful, how is this guy soon to be fighting MMA ? I legitimately see soccer mums in the fitness classes at my boxing club that have better technique and look more threatening.

Not sure what people in here are talking about, it's much easier for a grappler to learn striking than vice versa. That's been proven. MMA is a sport of wrestlers and BJJ guys who picked up striking as they went. It takes years to develop serviceable submission defense and to be able to stuff a shot.

As far as this clip goes, it's so bad that I find it hard to believe it's real. Danis has been working with SBG guys long enough that he shouldn't look anywhere near that bad. That honestly looks like it's his first time hitting mitts.

Looks like Justin Beiber on the pads...good thing he's amazing on the ground. Its gonna be interesting to see his progression.

Not sure what people in here are talking about, it's much easier for a grappler to learn striking than vice versa. That's been proven. MMA is a sport of wrestlers and BJJ guys who picked up striking as they went. It takes years to develop serviceable submission defense and to be able to stuff a shot.

As far as this clip goes, it's so bad that I find it hard to believe it's real. Danis has been working with SBG guys long enough that he shouldn't look anywhere near that bad. That honestly looks like it's his first time hitting mitts.

Keep in mind boxers may just not want to come to MMA because they are already paid well. Also how many places can wrestlers go to make money with their skill sets?

Just a guess, I don't actually "train UFC brah".

Keep in mind boxers may just not want to come to MMA because they are already paid well. Also how many places can wrestlers go to make money with their skill sets?

Just a guess, I don't actually "train UFC brah".

That's a fair point. I would say it applies more to kickboxers though. Dudes like Tyrone Spong and even Cosmo Alexandre have fucked around with MMA and done well, but then backed off because the money isn't good enough. It's much more difficult for boxers to make that same transition.

I'm just saying that generally speaking, MMA really is a sport of grapplers who learned to strike.

Back