Veteran hw kickboxer thinking of coming to ufc

He looks fucking old. If he does make the move to MMA, expect a short, probably unsuccessful career which sole purpose was to get cash.

Yeah lets get more tai tuivasas of the world.....

Tuivassa was a kickboxer before his mma career,his only notable fight was against other fat journeyman Ismael Lazaar where he got TKO´ed

Hesdy isnt a shade of he was in late 2000´s,but if he gets in shape he can do fun fights,he haves an pretty good chin and is a very good low kicker,better than anyone in UFC HW division

he is 1-5 from his last 6 fights but haves to be considered that he was badly robbed against Guto inocente and had an very close fight with Ismael Londt who should go to an extra round

if he moves to MMA i wish all the best for him,had his pro KB debut in 2003, he is already 34 with 71kb fights under his name being a half of these against high level competition....

Last edited:
only guys i think would have done well are le banner and ghita aside from the guys that have already crossed over like semmy, reem, and saki

Yep. Kickboxing truly is a joke. You've got some outliers who actually are elite athletes like Saki, but even then, the technique is painfully sloppy.

This is how big of a joke K1 was: they booked one of their champions in Musashi against Sean Ohaire (yes you read that correctly) in a TITLE FIGHT. A good contemporary equivalent would be CM Punk challenging Tyron Woodley for the WW title.
Saki's technique is painfully sloppy?

He has a excellent chin, hits hard and would be one of the best strikers, if he can stop a takedown he'd turn into a contender very fast, hopefully it's true, i was impressive by his performance against Hari, good defense, expected him to be KO'd R1.
He looked old and fat in his fight with Badr Hari, who looked old and out of shape also. Don’t see him doing much in the UFC. He isn’t explosive enough, has no real footwork advantage over UFC fighters, he is a tough bastard but I just don’t see it. K1 and Glory fighters have always been way overrated on these forums as far as there ability to come to mma and dominate. MMA has a much higher global participation rate and is more competitive.
How Hari looked out of shape? What are you talking about lol

And ofc Gerges has a footwork advantage over, at least, most heavyweights, do you even UFC heavyweight bro?

The guy is like 6´7. He would get taken down and pounded bad.

Still worth watching.

BTW... where the fuck is Saki?

He has a excellent chin, hits hard and would be one of the best strikers, if he can stop a takedown he'd turn into a contender very fast, hopefully it's true, i was impressive by his performance against Hari, good defense, expected him to be KO'd R1.
How Hari looked out of shape? What are you talking about lol

And ofc Gerges has a footwork advantage over, at least, most heavyweights, do you even UFC heavyweight bro?
on the Rico vs Badr Fight,Badr weight was 252lbs(114kg),he was massive and with and with a lot of power but had cardio issues since he starting to slowing down in the second round

for the Gerges fight he spent some months in jail,since then he weigthed in 30 lbs(13kg) lighter to increase in his cardio so he had less KO power,while Gerges had 22lbs advantage over him

of course gerges was out of shape but it was the strategy since it was known that Hari training camp for the fight was mainly focused on cardio work,so he wanted to have the weight advantage

on the Rico vs Badr Fight,Badr weight was 252lbs(114kg),he was massive and with and with a lot of power but had cardio issues since he starting to slowing down in the second round

for the Gerges fight he spent some months in jail,since then he weigthed in 30 lbs(13kg) lighter to increase in his cardio so he had less KO power,while Gerges had 22lbs advantage over him

of course gerges was out of shape but it was the strategy since it was known that Hari training camp for the fight was mainly focused on cardio work,so he wanted to have the weight advantage
Hari wasn't out of shape, different from what he said.

Last time that i saw Gerges in a good fight shape was in his revenge fight against Ismael Londt in 2016

he has been lazy on training hard,he kinda stopped on training conditioning since 2013 and focused more on late career pad work only basically.

he became inconsistent,sometimes he underperforms and other times he gives good performances,if he goes motivated to translate to MMA i believe he can do decent enough until he gets taken down,but i kinda doubt that he is going to translate to MMA.

He's lost 6/8 since 2015, and hasn't been impressive lately and has bad cardio.

I'm still down.

I got no problem with these big cats trying to change to mma. Saki was pretty fun and I've followed him and Hesdy a little bit in their kickboxing careers and frankly they can make an impact because HW and LHW are so fickle with the KO shots. Anything can happen so I say bring em all over, Anthony Joshua too. I don't see either of these kickboxers going too far but Saki for sure has some fun fights ahead if he can get healthy.

Back