Veteran hw kickboxer thinking of coming to ufc

At HW? He'll be fine. You can get away with being a pure striker at HW.

If only we had some resource we could use to find out the size of Hesdy Gerges! Having seen him fight I'm going to guess around six and a half feet tall and about 250lbs. Far too large for LHW. I guess the only way to know for sure is to find him and measure him, since I'm sure no one has ever thought to do it. And if they have I'm sure they kept the information private!
My mistake was cleared up before you came and posted your completely useless picture, if you wouldve read 2 posts farther than you did, you wouldve not seemed like such a douche. Heavyweight is different in different sports and this is the UFC discussion not the kickboxing discussion, or else you could reasonably expect me to know the size of the guy off the top of my head. Simmer down

My mistake was cleared up before you came and posted your completely useless picture, if you wouldve read 2 posts farther than you did, you wouldve not seemed like such a douche. Heavyweight is different in different sports and this is the UFC discussion not the kickboxing discussion, or else you could reasonably expect me to know the size of the guy off the top of my head. Simmer down
In the time you asked everyone (who likely already knew) to slow down and consider that he may be a LHW in MMA, you could have Googled his stats and age and come to the obvious realization that 205 isn't feasible. That's a bit dumb to be quite honest. I wasn't being particularly ugly about it, but now you've gone and started fussing like a girl. I'm going to guess you own a few pair of skinny jeans and a really dainty wrist.

In the time you asked everyone (who likely already knew) to slow down and consider that he may be a LHW in MMA, you could have Googled his stats and age and come to the obvious realization that 205 isn't feasible. That's a bit dumb to be quite honest. I wasn't being particularly ugly about it, but now you've gone and started fussing like a girl. I'm going to guess you own a few pair of skinny jeans and a really dainty wrist.
Anyone who uses bold letters has a small dick for sure. Before ylu tell me to google, you can READ on that same page instead of being rude. Kid

Yep. Kickboxing truly is a joke. You've got some outliers who actually are elite athletes like Saki, but even then, the technique is painfully sloppy.

This is how big of a joke K1 was: they booked one of their champions in Musashi against Sean Ohaire (yes you read that correctly) in a TITLE FIGHT. A good contemporary equivalent would be CM Punk challenging Tyron Woodley for the WW title.
thats the worst post of the thread for numerous reasons

you must be new into combat sports so i will explain the whole situation back in the day....

Kickboxing and MMA had a LOT of freak shows on their cards back in the day,time when the old K-1 was by far the number 1 promotion in kickboxing around the world and we had PRIDE who was giantic in Japan,and the second one one the asian scene was Pancrese,also japanese

Both sports,especially in the early 2000s,had a LOT of Freak matchups because the casual community made it reach very high ratings,it is weird but worked really well,japan is an cool but also a hell of a weird place

examples from Kickboxing:

The K-1 vs Boxing era:

back in the day was common these bullshit of "martial arts X vs Y", a lot of these matches happened

Peter aerts vs James Warring(IBF World cruiserweight champ)

Alexey Ignashov vs Artur Williams (IBF World Cruiserweight champ)

François Botha 13 fights on K-1

Remy Bonjasky Vs Ray Mercer(WBO HW champ)

Masato vs Vince Philliphs(IBF light WW champion)

--------------------------------------------

there was way more weird stuff than this,like giantic freaks as Hong Man Choi,Montanha Silva... hyper roided guys like Bob Sapp competing in both sports,sumo Wrestlers(Akebono competed in both sports), pro wrestling guys(Sean O haire etc)...

MMA,especially in PRIDE,had a lot of weird matchups also

Cro Cop vs an WWE dude:

david vs Goliath matchups

Fedor vs Zuluzinho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz4VB0By7TA

Sudo vs Butterbean(Hero´s promotion but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TkJcMZm6s

Tv Commedian (Bobby Ologun) vs Bob Sapp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKm9FtfFiR8

Hong Man Choi vs Jose Canseco(Baseball famous player..Roider)

former WWE wrestler Giant Silva MMA career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAl9dpJuPEs

Japan Pro wrestler "Bart Gunn"

Steve Williams(pro Wrestler) vs Alexey Ignashov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7V5KJoF1c

----------------------------------------------------------------------

these times were cool but had some very weird matchups that pleased japanese casuals in both sports

Anyone who uses bold letters has a big dick for sure. Before ylu tell me to google, you can READ on that same page instead of being rude. Kid
What an odd qualifier for determining cock size. You must have a lot of experience in the field.
{<hhh]

whiff.

The only one I can think of that the UFC did (pre CM Punk) was Toney/Couture, and that barely counts, as Toney is one of the greatest boxers of all-time. Lesnar doesn't count either, as he was already a prolific combat sportsman in his own right.

K1/JMMA were a joke for the reasons you stated. That's why no one takes them seriously as sporting orgs. Musashi was their champion at the time he fought Sean fucking OHaire. Gimme a fucking break.

But all of that is moot. My point was that K1 was a joke regarding the level of skill of it's competitors. It's ruleset is vague and, quite frankly, stupid. It doesn't involve much technique, just rock em sock em robot nonsense. Granted there have been guys with solid technique that have competed there, but they're few & far between.

I enjoyed Pride & K1. Saki is perhaps my favorite fighter & I'd wager Aerts is one of the toughest people walking the globe. But I view those organizations for what they were. Bob Sapp had success in K1. Cmon now.

well you are clearly a new to the sports with this "UFC BRO"

Musashi wasnt K-1 Champion in the first place,he was jut a very famous kickboxer because he represented japan and was decent,but like most of his big wins are straight robberies,he was just a cash cow at osme point

the skill of competitiors?

You pick Saki as your favorite fighter while there were guys more talented in kickboxing than him like Ernesto Hoost,Peter Aerts,Remy Bonjasky,Stefan Leko,Semmy Schilt,Ray Sefo, Andy Hug,Jerome Le Banner,Mike Bernardo,Cro Cop,Francisco Filho,Alexey Ignashov,Branko Cicatic,Sam Greco

you just dont even know the sport to judge the level of competitors,you only know Saki maybe because he is in UFC and Joe Rogan hyped him to the casuals

on K-1 Max with Buakaw,Andy Souwer,Masato, Artur Kyshenko,Yoshihiro Sato,Mike Zambidis,Albert Kraus,Petrosyan....

K-1 was amazing and had a tough talent pool especially in his early days

in these days K-1 still existing and is doing very very well but mainly focused in 67 to lower weight classes with a lot of very talented kickboxers,you can only say that something is bad if you know what you are talking about,otherwise its ignorance...

Yep. Kickboxing truly is a joke. You've got some outliers who actually are elite athletes like Saki, but even then, the technique is painfully sloppy.

This is how big of a joke K1 was: they booked one of their champions in Musashi against Sean Ohaire (yes you read that correctly) in a TITLE FIGHT. A good contemporary equivalent would be CM Punk challenging Tyron Woodley for the WW title.

Heavyweight has always been pretty bad in Kickboxing compared to the other weightclasses. Same problem as the UFC.

He looked old and fat in his fight with Badr Hari, who looked old and out of shape also. Don’t see him doing much in the UFC. He isn’t explosive enough, has no real footwork advantage over UFC fighters, he is a tough bastard but I just don’t see it. K1 and Glory fighters have always been way overrated on these forums as far as there ability to come to mma and dominate. MMA has a much higher global participation rate and is more competitive.

I doubt that is true. there are still much more Kickboxing practioners than MMA practioners in the world, however much more splitted up between the different main organisations Glory, K1 Japan, Kunlun.

whiff.

The only one I can think of that the UFC did (pre CM Punk) was Toney/Couture, and that barely counts, as Toney is one of the greatest boxers of all-time. Lesnar doesn't count either, as he was already a prolific combat sportsman in his own right.

K1/JMMA were a joke for the reasons you stated. That's why no one takes them seriously as sporting orgs. Musashi was their champion at the time he fought Sean fucking OHaire. Gimme a fucking break.

But all of that is moot. My point was that K1 was a joke regarding the level of skill of it's competitors. It's ruleset is vague and, quite frankly, stupid. It doesn't involve much technique, just rock em sock em robot nonsense. Granted there have been guys with solid technique that have competed there, but they're few & far between.

I enjoyed Pride & K1. Saki is perhaps my favorite fighter & I'd wager Aerts is one of the toughest people walking the globe. But I view those organizations for what they were. Bob Sapp had success in K1. Cmon now.

It's 2018 now, and K1 and Kickboxing has moved on as a sport. It's funny how people use freak shows of the 90's to discredit kickboxing of today. I wouldn't post UFC 1 videos to prove a point about mma.

Same with K1 Heavyweight. Heavyweights been always been poopy, no matter if you look at K1 and MMA. People like to ignore the king of K1 weight classes the 70 Kg division and focus on heavyweights for whatever reason.

In fact there is a monumental K1 card happening tommorow with 7 titles on the line and amazing match ups, but you probably didn't even hear of it because you barely follow the sport.

Last edited:
You pick Saki as your favorite fighter while there were guys more talented in kickboxing than him like Ernesto Hoost,Peter Aerts,Remy Bonjasky,Stefan Leko,Semmy Schilt,Ray Sefo, Andy Hug,Jerome Le Banner,Mike Bernardo,Cro Cop,Francisco Filho,Alexey Ignashov,Branko Cicatic,Sam Greco
Why isn't he allowed to like Saki just because he isn't the best? Saki is a Dragonball character and stands Short and Proud (compared to other HW kickboxers).

Why isn't he allowed to like Saki just because he isn't the best? Saki is a Dragonball character and stands Short and Proud (compared to other HW kickboxers).
not saying that he isnt allowed to like saki because he isnt good as them,anyone can obviously enjoy more any fighter that he likes to watch no matter if there is better than them or not,the problem that he writes like he only knows who saki is and pretty much the others are trash

I just noticed that Chris Camozzi is now ranked #11 in Glory (at middleweight).

Hesdy looked like complete shit against Hari... and Hari looked like complete shit himself.

So yeah i give him a good chance at HW.

<Fedor23>
It wasn't a bad fight by any means. Hesdy would still ko ngannou stiff

Back