Veteran hw kickboxer thinking of coming to ufc

Hesdy Gerges?

That is quite the name.

I'm a big fan of glory kickboxing. However, high likelihood that all these boys are going to suffer under USADA.

He has a excellent chin, hits hard and would be one of the best strikers, if he can stop a takedown he'd turn into a contender very fast, hopefully it's true, i was impressive by his performance against Hari, good defense, expected him to be KO'd R1.
How Hari looked out of shape? What are you talking about lol

And ofc Gerges has a footwork advantage over, at least, most heavyweights, do you even UFC heavyweight bro?
I’m no kickboxing expert st all, never watch it, sporadically watched k1 in its glory days. That being said, Hari looked ducking exhausted as early as the 2nd round of that fight.

I’m no kickboxing expert st all, never watch it, sporadically watched k1 in its glory days. That being said, Hari looked ducking exhausted as early as the 2nd round of that fight.
Hari is a 2 round fighter, if you survives the first 2 you're very likely going to win the 3rd, and if it's a 5 round fight, you should win the fight. Thing is Hari is a absolute killer, a destroyer that will run through most guys at R1.. He didn't looked out of shape at all, some ring rust probably but he lost muscle to gain speed, interesting choice and should be helpful against Verhoeven, who had trouble with Gerges himself.

He has zero defense to speak of. He paces himself extremely poorly. A superior striker against whom? Frankenstein? He's a jobber & was in there for Saki to beat up on, and wound up nearly ruining the party.
Ok lol

Tuivassa was a kickboxer before his mma career,his only notable fight was against other fat journeyman Ismael Lazaar where he got TKO´ed

Hesdy isnt a shade of he was in late 2000´s,but if he gets in shape he can do fun fights,he haves an pretty good chin and is a very good low kicker,better than anyone in UFC HW division

he is 1-5 from his last 6 fights but haves to be considered that he was badly robbed against Guto inocente and had an very close fight with Ismael Londt who should go to an extra round

if he moves to MMA i wish all the best for him,had his pro KB debut in 2003, he is already 34 with 71kb fights under his name being a half of these against high level competition....

Tai had mma fights before he ever had a boxing or kickboxing fight. He just took a few to stay busy. Not a kickboxer at all

Hesdy has trouble managing his stamina over 3x3min. Without grappling. He'll look like Saki on Quaaludes.
Saki didn’t fight in years, usually his cardio is fine

And dude, it’s Hw, how bad can he be lol

Down to watch him give it an attempt. Was wondering if Rico Verhoeven was going to do mma more seriously at some point as well. Guys still youngish at 28 and has accomplished a lot in kickboxing in his time there.

Yep. Kickboxing truly is a joke. You've got some outliers who actually are elite athletes like Saki, but even then, the technique is painfully sloppy.

This is how big of a joke K1 was: they booked one of their champions in Musashi against Sean Ohaire (yes you read that correctly) in a TITLE FIGHT. A good contemporary equivalent would be CM Punk challenging Tyron Woodley for the WW title.

A title fight?

I think you're making things up.

Has he cleaned up his act? If not and I'm the UFC I stay away.

He would be an elite heavyweight kickboxer.

Yeah, he looked phenomenal when he got destroyed by this guy lmao

thumbnail_Ismael%20Lazaar%205.jpg

Tuivassa was a kickboxer before his mma career,his only notable fight was against other fat journeyman Ismael Lazaar where he got TKO´ed

The battle to become the official Pillsbury Doughboy.

Thats an extremely unhelpful post. It must be easy to post 2800 times when you dont actually think of anything
If only we had some resource we could use to find out the size of Hesdy Gerges! Having seen him fight I'm going to guess around six and a half feet tall and about 250lbs. Far too large for LHW. I guess the only way to know for sure is to find him and measure him, since I'm sure no one has ever thought to do it. And if they have I'm sure they kept the information private!

Back