Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk UFC 231 in Toronto

They could just be on the same card really. It’s already weak as is.

Those threats against Dana seem to have worked, looks like Eubanks is back on the MSG card, against Roxanne Modafferi. Come to think of it, it's a rematch.

Moving it to 231 is a good step. Moving it to Invicta would be even better.

Now that Cormier vs. Lewis is official, Shevchenko vs. Jedrzejczyk has been rebooked for UFC 231 and Sijara Eubanks is ass out it seems.

Lewis vs. Cormier is such a weird and rushed Main Event, but I'm not mad at it at all. I'm cool with how things worked out.

I can't help but feel that Blaydes got ripped off here. BB just lost to Hunt recently, and Blaydes just beat him and KOd Overeem.

Defo the right fight to make. Got Shevchenko by decision

Will watch. Cant wait!!

Will this be a bigger fight than the Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes fight?

Cyborg vs Nunes or Shevchenko vs Jedrzejczyk
WMMAddict
Published on Nov 4, 2018

Looking forward to this. Nunes-Cyborg will generate more interest but I might be more interested in this one. Both should be good.

If they promote it right Shevchenko/JJ could be bigger, but the UFC has a history of doing a shit job of promoting fighters who act like adults and do not break the law, so who knows?

If by bigger you mean implications for all of WMMA, then Cyborg/Nunes, of course. I think JJ/Val could be made more marketable, for any number of reasons.

itVYFkW.gif

Lol, that gif was when Maryna Moroz - remember her - called Joanna out after beating the Scots lassie. Of course Moroz lost her next fight to Letourneau and Val got the title shot on the Rousey Holm card.

Nowadays Jedrzejczyk and Letourneau are great pals and both are challenging for a 125 title, Val for the Bellator belt.

If by bigger you mean implications for all of WMMA, then Cyborg/Nunes, of course.
Please elaborate. What are the bigger implications for all of WMMA that come out of Cyborg vs. Nunes?

I think that the success, or not, of the UFC women's flyweight division has a huge importance for WMMA overall, and Joanna vs Valentina can bring eyes to that division like no other fight. If it is well promoted, and well fought, the positive impact for WMMA can be quite huge, I think.

Please elaborate. What are the bigger implications for all of WMMA that come out of Cyborg vs. Nunes?

I think that the success, or not, of the UFC women's flyweight division has a huge importance for WMMA overall, and Joanna vs Valentina can bring eyes to that division like no other fight. If it is well promoted, and well fought, the positive impact for WMMA can be quite huge, I think.

Well, it is a superfight between two current champions. So that is about it. Perhaps I overstated. We are both (I think) in agreement about 125. We know it is the most heavily populated division, but the UFC needs to hurry the fuck up and sort it out. They should be offering fights to women at 125 like candy after their promotional debacle.

I just question the UFCs entire decision making process, including their promotional ability. It should be easy to promote the JJ/Val fight, as most casuals will have no idea that their MT fights are so long ago that they might as well be different fighters. Given that they look better than Cyborg and Amanda they can appeal to the stupidity of guys everywhere (not judging, as when it comes to women I am moron like every other guy) so they are far more promotable from that standpoint.

I do worry that if Cyborg is smart (Ok, her coaches) they will have the simple game plan of wearing Amanda out. Her cardio has never been great when pressured. We know that Val and JJ can go all damn day without slowing. I think that Val/JJ will be a better fight, unless Amanda does the wonderfully surprising thing and wins.

UFC 231's Valentina Shevchenko Talks Joanna Jedrzejczyk Title Fight & Training w/ Cris Cyborg

UFC Champion Rose Namajunas and Valentina Shevchenko Sparring
Published on Nov 16, 2018

"The UFC strawweight champion Rose Namajunas and #1 ranked flyweight contender Valentina Shevchenko technically spar before Shevchenko's flyweight title fight against Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 231 on December 8th in Toronto, Canada."

Joanna Jedrzejczyk MMA Training for Return against Valentina Shevchenko HD

Back