Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk UFC 231 in Toronto

Lewis gasses too easily, and got lucky that he was able to pull the bunny out of the hat. He could definitely lose to a top contender. Combine that with his hilarious "going viral" post-fight comments and he's as hot a commodity as he's every going to be in the UFC. I think that's why this popped out of nowhere.

Lewis has two things going for him though

1. Iron chin
2. One shot power

He has a puncher's chance in any fight

If he fights Cormier 100 times he gets wrestlefucked 95 of them. But Lewis can still KO anyone at any time.

Not inconceivable that Cormier believes too much in his striking after Miocic, decides to stand and exchange with Lewis and gets caught... how many guys have we seen over the years improve their striking and then get carried away thinking they're Anderson Silva all of a sudden and forget to use their grappling base?

Thank you Looooord!!!!!!

I thought Cormier was fighting Brock (which was a pathetic fight). When the hell did Black Beast vs Black Fedor get announced... damn.

Cormier finished him in the first by submission.

giphy.gif

Lewis has two things going for him though

1. Iron chin
2. One shot power

He has a puncher's chance in any fight

If he fights Cormier 100 times he gets wrestlefucked 95 of them. But Lewis can still KO anyone at any time.

Not inconceivable that Cormier believes too much in his striking after Miocic, decides to stand and exchange with Lewis and gets caught... how many guys have we seen over the years improve their striking and then get carried away thinking they're Anderson Silva all of a sudden and forget to use their grappling base?

I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, saying that Lewis can't do what he did to pretty much any fighter. I'm saying that the chances of him also possibly losing a boring slop-fest are also high enough that a promotion would not want to wait and chance that happening when so many people are jumping on his bandwagon because of his personality.

So is Lewis making some kinda history in winning at one PPV .. and fighting for the title the VERY next numbered?

Only other fighter I can think of who's done that is Jon Jones (subbed Bader @ UFC 126, won title vs Shogun at 127)

Rathher have Cormier fight now than weight months for Brock.

UFC is waiting for Brock to win back the Universal title - so he can jump to the UFC and defend that. Title for title.

What happened to Sahara?

Oh well. I like the Joanna fight better.

yeah, plus the Joanna fight w Shevchenko was booked first ... Joanna said as much

Its finally happening the two hottest girls in MMA are fighting.

really? If you say so - Joanna is a babe - but Shevechenko .... her tattoos don't do much for me, just saying. No asian characters or tribal

Eubanks was originally scheduled to fight Jessica Eye at 232. That will likely be rebooked as well.

Would make sense. Reebok it .. I mean re-book

Not that I am complaining, but what happened to Eubanks? lol. Did they realize that nobody knows/cares about Eubank? if so - good.

This. Plus Joanna was penciled in to fight Shevchenko first. Even signed a contract for the fight

The UFC is being exposed as utterly shameless in its handling of fighters. Sooner or later the mainstream media will pick up on this. Sooner or later the fighters will unionise in response. Totally self-defeating and self-sabotaging stuff from the UFC.

sarjthreat.JPG

A fighter with a 3-2 records earned it, it is her time

<36>

LvsOeZb.gif

Anyone have a UFC 231 Fight Pass Presale code there not using? Id really appreciate it, you can PM or post here,

thanks in advance

Back