Usman is 10 times the prospect Mike Perry is

Moraes is pretty damn good striker with an awkward style. What the hell are you talking about ?
you're one of 3 people who thought his striking was good, thousands of others were mocking how bad it was throughout the fight and for quite awhile after. He just throws hard .. that's about it

Perry knocks out a journyman 155lber and he's a god. Do you forget he just got dominated by a very average fighter in Alan Jouban?

Usman coming off a win over 18-1 Sean Strickland, destroys a guy in Moraes who hasn't lost in the UFC for over 5 and a half years, but no one talks about him.

Everyone is sleeping on this guy...idk if there's a guy at 170 I'd favor over him in a fight.
I agree. The UFC should match these two up next.

Sometimes fighters are hyped up as some form of a joke, dude is legit, but Perry is 100% entertainment.

are we gonna overlook that one of the worst strikers in the division was lighting him up on saturday night? and lol at all these fairweather fans that have been waiting for Usman to do something exciting so they could come out of the woodwork as his "real" fans.

Lighting him up? The other cat barely landed, and it did nothing to damage or hurt him when he did. Amazing how someone can have such a dominating victory and yet people still find a way to shit on it.

Perry vs Usman is a great matchup. I'd watch for sure.

Perry would ragdoll usman at this point. Too fast. Too explosive. Too much dynamacism and far too much strength in the clinch.

Not a good fight for usman at all.<Goldie11>

Why would you say that? Is it because he KO'd a short notice LW in the clinch?

I pay attention to my what my eyes see, not fight metric. They get shit wrong all the time.

Moraes was "far more accurate", yet did no damage and was already finished by the end of the first round.
I didn't have fightmetric stats during the fight :p

Usman would knock Perry tf out. nuff said. Perry thinks he's the hot shit calling out someone like Robbie Lawler too. Robbie is a guy that feeds off of people hitting him. Perry no doubt has legit KO power, but he's so overrated lol any top 10 would murk that dude. If a guy like Alan Jouban schools him.... then that should say something.
Robbie must have been full..
IMG_3680.JPG IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3679.JPG IMG_3676.JPG

Nah he's boring as shit and too small

Lmao, could've been anyone. Woodley is also very explosive and uses his power very well. He set it up very well too. I'm not saying Perry can't knock Robbie out, I'm saying Robbie is a former champion and has been in it for a long time, I think the experience will be too much for Perry. It's way too early to throw someone like Perry that was schooled by a male model with no chin in with someone like Ruthless. you can be the strongest dude in the world, the toughest and roughest dude there is, but if you can't hang with the big dogs, you will get beaten very, very badly. Strength only goes so far in fighting, Mike Perry is without question strong, but as I said, he was outclassed by an unranked male model and now people think he can hang with former champs and title contenders? c'mon man. lol.

Do you forget he just got dominated by a very average fighter in Alan Jouban?
That fight was hardly a domination. It was a close decision.

Plat was making a transition to being a more technical fighter & he just hadn't put it all together yet. I felt like if he would've brawled a little more he would've taken the decision, but he stuck to the game plan that they trained for & it just didn't work out. I see him mixing it up more in his last 2 fights between technician & brawler & I think he's got a good combination of the 2 now.

Usman coming off a win over 18-1 Sean Strickland, destroys a guy in Moraes who hasn't lost in the UFC for over 5 and a half years, but no one talks about him.

Everyone is sleeping on this guy...idk if there's a guy at 170 I'd favor over him in a fight.
Actually Usmans last 3 fights were over standout guys... but Usman got a lot of decisions & Plat has won every single one of his wins by KO. That's the main answer to your OP... but it's also because Plat's a lot more interesting than cringy "I'm a problem" Usman

Last edited:
Lmao, could've been anyone. Woodley is also very explosive and uses his power very well. He set it up very well too. I'm not saying Perry can't knock Robbie out, I'm saying Robbie is a former champion and has been in it for a long time, I think the experience will be too much for Perry. It's way too early to throw someone like Perry that was schooled by a male model with no chin in with someone like Ruthless. you can be the strongest dude in the world, the toughest and roughest dude there is, but if you can't hang with the big dogs, you will get beaten very, very badly. Strength only goes so far in fighting, Mike Perry is without question strong, but as I said, he was outclassed by an unranked male model and now people think he can hang with former champs and title contenders? c'mon man. lol.
Styles make fights. Robbie is in no way like Jouban and wouldn't fight in the same manner. We're talking about a potential brawl and Perry could definitely hold his own. Not to mention that Lawler has been in countless wars and has had his chin cracked on more than one occasion. Either man can win and that's why they actually fight; because speculation and assumptions mean nothing once the cage door locks.

Back