Usman is 10 times the prospect Mike Perry is

More like Busman is 10 times more boring than Platinum Mike Perry will ever be.

First KO in the UFC and now he is talking shit...doesn't make up for a boring UFC career so far.

Its hilarious how haters who cling onto the JoubRAN fight like it is validation that Platinum Mike Perry can never learn from it should know that Platinum Mike Perry's fight against JoubRAN was not really a loss for Perry in the long run but more of a loss for JoubRAN for one example having to pull out his next fight due to fracturing his foot because of the running and now destroyed in his next 2 fights by Gunnar & Price.

When Platinum Mike Perry actually landed he had JoubRAN stumbling around like an infantile goof ass. The problem began when JoubRAN stopped actually fighting and started running away to land one flash in the pan punch and some baby leg kicks.

While JoubRAN got tooled when he got to fight a ranked opponent in his next fight and also just got destroyed by Price.

Platinum Mike Perry is winning over JoubRAN in the long run.

Platinum Mike Perry actually stepped up and destroyed a Top 15 opponent in Jake Ellenberger in his next fight who was 1-1 prior to the Platinum Mike Perry fight and was the first to stop The Immortal Matt Brown with strikes.

But seriously, his last performance over a highly ranked veteran in Ellenberger should honestly got him a title eliminator fight against Lawler/Cerrone at the time.

Hell if Masvidal got a title eliminator fight against Cerrone after beating Ellenberger then Platinum should get a title eliminator fight as well.

Stepping up on 3 days notice to destroy an MMA fighter named Alex Reyes who was on a 13 fight finishing streak who had nothing to lose and everything to gain whereas he was suppose to destroy the former title challenger Thiago Alves.

The incredible performance against the dangerous Reyes alone should have got him a step up in competition in this case calling out the former champ Robbie Lawler shows Platinum Mike Perry wants to fight a higher level of competition and someone who would actually fight him.

Losing the marathon against JoubRAN has made Platinum Mike Perry a better fighter as evident with his last 2 destructive performances.

Last edited:
We just getting used to Kevin Lee now this guy? And I wish he rep the US instead of Nigeria

Nigeria needs him more than the US does. ive lived in and grew up in canada most of my life. But id rep afghanistan with a flag if i was a pro fighter.

Usman would beat Perry imo

I actually like the RDA fight. These up and comers are hungry, they want to climb the ladder, and I think Usman might even win

Perry, not sure what the UFC will do with him next, but someone mentioned Gunnar Nelson. I think that might be the way to go

Does he even nickname, bro?

Does he even hashtag, bro?

are we gonna overlook that one of the worst strikers in the division was lighting him up on saturday night? and lol at all these fairweather fans that have been waiting for Usman to do something exciting so they could come out of the woodwork as his "real" fans.

Moraes is pretty damn good striker with an awkward style. What the hell are you talking about ?

agreed
nintchdbpict0003090308283.jpg

Niko Price & Elizeu Dos Santos are outraged by this post! :O

I tend to agree, though. But those two are really good, aswell.
Niko and Capoeira are great prospects, but I think they're where Usman was at this point last year

Usman, by virtue of not being a big finisher, has been built properly which is rare in MMA - he's fought some variety of styles and skill levels and has had the chance to flesh out his timing and confidence standing while still having a dominant wrestling game to fall back on.
I expect him to pop against a top ten fighter next fight - it's rare you get a guy who progresses steadily against the right level of competition. Kevin Lee might be a fight or two too early for a title shot, but going into the Chiesa fight he was in a similar position imo. Because of early losses, he had the chance to develop over time against a bunch of different styles of fighters.

Usman, by virtue of not being a big finisher, has been built properly which is rare in MMA - he's fought some variety of styles and skill levels and has had the chance to flesh out his timing and confidence standing while still having a dominant wrestling game to fall back on.

That's very true, he really had time to develop his skillset. What opponent would you suggest for him, next? A step up, obviously - but who?
Hope he gets a fight soon, seemed to be eager to get back in there asap in the post-fight interview.

By the way - what do you think about Okami vs Saint-Preux - Ovince is somehow the massive favorite, do you agree with that? Cause I certainly don't.

That's very true, he really had time to develop his skillset. What opponent would you suggest for him, next? A step up, obviously - but who?
Hope he gets a fight soon, seemed to be eager to get back in there asap in the post-fight interview.

Neil Magny would have been perfect
RDA would be a good one, because he'd be giving up some size and Usman hits like a missle and has the wrestling to keep it standing

I think the best next fight for him, even though he doesn't feel like a true top ten fighter, would be Ponzanibio with the winner getting a bump after

Neil Magny would have been perfect
RDA would be a good one, because he'd be giving up some size and Usman hits like a missle and has the wrestling to keep it standing

I think the best next fight for him, even though he doesn't feel like a true top ten fighter, would be Ponzanibio with the winner getting a bump after

Neil Magny or RDA sound good, to be honest.
I feel like Magny is a good fighter but slightly overranked, and I think RDA would get finished against Usman. Certainly some interesting fights to make in the WW division. Hopefully leads to a good contender, because I don't like Woodley vs Lawler 2, at all.

Neil Magny or RDA sound good, to be honest.
I feel like Magny is a good fighter but slightly overranked, and I think RDA would get finished against Usman. Certainly some interesting fights to make in the WW division. Hopefully leads to a good contender, because I don't like Woodley vs Lawler 2, at all.
I actually have a morbid love of the Lawler/Perry potential fight

oh and Carlos Condit is apparently back next year

Woodley says he needs to do shoulder rehab, so hopefully in about 5 months or so we get some clarity at the top of WW, preferably with some new faces

Usman needs to keep improving, finish more fights and fight bigger names. Prior to this awsome KO of Moraes, he hasn't finished a fight since 2015 (4 fights ago) and that was probably on the undercard so obviously people are not going to jump on the bandwagon just yet. But he's very promising, as is Mike Perry.

Back