US announces returning to the moon as a top priority

I'm don't think we've put a man there. So I don't think we're going "again."

We have no technology to do anything but small scale mining and construction on the moon. Even if the most expensive metals and minerals were available in their pure form laying on the surface, it would cost several times their worth to bring them back to earth. There is no water, fuel or air that is needed to process things into usable forms.

The reason we went to the moon in the first place was mainly to prove that we could in a dick measuring contest with the Soviet Union in the space race. We needed humans to operate the equipment but we might have been able to do it with robotic landers. Now we definitely have the technology to do it without humans. We learned a lot about the moon and the earth from the samples brought back but we found we didn't have much more to learn. The moon is basically a chunk of the earth so precious metals and minerals won't be any easier to find than they are on earth.

Stop destroying my hopes and dreams damn it

4D intergalactic chess.

Because you don't believe anything unless a youtube video says it. Leave it up to the biggest God nuthugger around here to take the word of lesser educated individuals over verified history.

You also think the world is flat, so who can take you seriously?

Good, we need something to refocus people on space and exploration. Technological achievements always advance faster during times of great exploration. The private rocket companies are providing the first innovation in space, since the space shuttle, and its long over due that the USA fully fund and devote resources to NASA

0db19438-645b-4248-a95e-4b5523c03b5f.png
r3dWxCg.gif

Really?
Interesting since space exploration does further technology development quite a bit(especially material science could benefit).

But I would prioritize lowering the annual deficit significantly first.

I'd be curious to see how this all develops

A City fan warning against spending too much.

<puh-lease75>

nobody's been to the moon in the past 45 yrs.

why the sudden interest?

Watch out, I’ve heard that an old German dude lives on the dark side of the moon...

They need to hurry the fuck up with this space shit.

We should all be fucking three titted Martians by now

I don't think it even exists. Probably just a hologram projected by reptilians.

While space exploration is certainly cool and the idea of colonies on the moon and Mars would be interesting, why haven't we made any serious attempts to colonize our own ocean floors?

fuck the moon. put a man on Mars already!

Will be good for the advancement of technology. Pretty fucking useless otherwise.

Back