Uriah Hall seizure?

That thread about adding more division just got serious....Might be something to think about.

They absolutely should but they won't because it'll create multi-division champs and more titles floating around, so they'll have to pay more to more people. The UFC is cheap.

Volkan is 6 foot, DC is 5’10, Glover is 6’2, Manuwa is 6 foot, those are a couple of the guys in the top 5, he isn’t undersized, if he didn’t cut and gained a bit of mass he’d be perfect for the weight.

Edit : upon research the average height is 6’1, he’d be just fine.
And how much naturally bigger are they? Those guys you mentioned are still 10-15 pounds bigger than him. Yes had be faster but at the highest level you have to be so much better than a guy to be able to give up that much size.

You should have to PROVE to a medical team you are fit to fight at a certain weight

Could be way off based here but are seizures serious? The treatment for one is valium. Always thought they didn't do any damage.

Dude.... where does your "knowledge" of seizures come from, a 90 year old cowboy?

I'm epileptic, my seizures mostly happen in the morning right before I wake up, they've caused me to have around 20 concussions from falling and flailing. I've chewed up my tongue so bad so many times, I've literally bit pieces off. Since they started my vision, hearing and motor skills have all deteriorated. I've cracked and bruised ribs, and fucked up 2 parts of my spine to where I'll have back pain forever. Best of all, I died during one and had to be revived.

And the great part is, they can't even figure out what's causing my seizures because so many things can cause them. They're really serious.

And how much naturally bigger are they? Those guys you mentioned are still 10-15 pounds bigger than him. Yes had be faster but at the highest level you have to be so much better than a guy to be able to give up that much size.

Like I said 1 stone is not much in weight when the height is the same or similar, he’d be gaining weight in the process, not walking around lighter, look at all the people who moved up and how much success they’ve had, it works to not kill your body.

Like I said 1 stone is not much in weight when the height is the same or similar, he’d be gaining weight in the process, not walking around lighter, look at all the people who moved up and how much success they’ve had, it works to not kill your body.
Which would slow him down..... no?

View attachment 324429

Man I hope he's alright. This weight cut nonsense has to stop before somebody else dies.

Sucks the fight had to go out like this. Was looking forward to it.
Maybe if fighters stop fucking ballooning up to 30lbs above the weight class they fight at then maybe we wouldn't have this. You can't compete at 205lbs and start your camp at 250 fucking pounds. If you fight at 185lbs, don't go over 200lbs when you're out of camp. If you can't deal with weight cuts, then switch divisions. These are PROFESSIONAL fucking athletes. Stop looking for an easy way out in asking for more divisions.

This.

Too scared to fight guys closer to your size? Then either accept being a journeyman at your real weightclass up or retire from the sport.
It has nothing to do with being scared. In a sport, everyone is looking for an advantage. If someone can make the weight, then they're good. If you can't, go on a diet or move up.

Dude.... where does your "knowledge" of seizures come from, a 90 year old cowboy?

I'm epileptic, my seizures mostly happen in the morning right before I wake up, they've caused me to have around 20 concussions from falling and flailing. I've chewed up my tongue so bad so many times, I've literally bit pieces off. Since they started my vision, hearing and motor skills have all deteriorated. I've cracked and bruised ribs, and fucked up 2 parts of my spine to where I'll have back pain forever. Best of all, I died during one and had to be revived.

And the great part is, they can't even figure out what's causing my seizures because so many things can cause them. They're really serious.
Good luck with the future buddy! Take care of you, having some health problem myself right now I wish you the best

There's a lot of sound research out there that a keto/extremely low carb diet can prevent seizures if you haven't already tried that. Neurologists don't often prescribe it because people find it hard to follow or they simply don't know about it.

If you rather possibly die than to fight in your real weight class than that's a risk you willingly took.

Hope he gets well, but you did it to yourself.

Make weighins right before you step into the cage.

Seriously sorry to hear that. My nephew is special needs and had one and I noticed his meds for it was valium. Read into it some and thought they couldn't do long term damage unless you hurt yourself during a seizure. Anyways wish you the best. My health is not doing great either.

Add 10 to 20 pounds to each weight class. No-one is allowed to move down without proving to the UFC that they can make that weight with no weight cutting.

Fighters should be assigned to a weight class by the UFC based on their walk around weight. Not what they can half kill themselves to cut to. It's a waste of time and clearly dangerous - the aim should be eliminating it. That'll never happen if it's in the hands of the fighters, so the UFC needs to take control of which divisions they fight in and do it responsibly.

No, it’d be a process, did moving up slow RDA down?
Yes it did. It changed his style lol. Of course gaining mass slows you down. And actually he didn't gain that much mass. He just didn't cut as much

Back