Uriah Hall seizure?

PharoahHeight

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Screenshot_20180113-173941.png

Man I hope he's alright. This weight cut nonsense has to stop before somebody else dies.

Sucks the fight had to go out like this. Was looking forward to it.

That thread about adding more division just got serious....Might be something to think about.

it just doesn’t make sense for both fighters in a fight to cut weight. Where is the advantage?

it just doesn’t make sense for both fighters in a fight to cut weight. Where is the advantage?
the advantage goes to the fighter who can cut weight more efficiently. Cutting weight is a discipline and skill.

Weight cutting has got to change, period.

That thread about adding more division just got serious....Might be something to think about.
That won't help by itself. People will still cut to the lowest possible weight they can.

It has to be a multi-pronged approach. Base weights for fighters will have to be established and then a rule implemented that they can't cut more then X % of their weight.

the advantage goes to the fighter who can cut weight more efficiently. Cutting weight is a discipline and skill.

The goal of cutting weight is to have a size advantage, not to see who can recover the best after damn near killing themselves.

If they are both cutting weight - two fighters in any fight - it’s fucking worthless.

That doesn’t work.

You can move up to fight a person that ends up weighing 25 lbs more than you at fight time
You kind of answered one of your posts with the other here.

If both are doing dramatic weight cuts... then yeah, it kind of makes sense for them to just fight at a higher weight. Then again... what about a guy who is the natural weight... against someone with a dramatic weight cut? That's where the advantage comes in.

Thing is, that there's a way to do it that is not critical to your health. We got Tyler or whatever his name is... who tends to DC & Max's weight cuts... & just recently did Khabib's last weight cut... & he cooks for them & everything during fight week & makes sure they do it right. That's the difference.

Fooking starve & deplete yourself of fluids while you do it... or hire a professional who knows how to do it correctly. If you can't afford it... then you gotta study it. You gotta do it right. That's the lesson. Do it right.

Last edited:
Fucking sucks to hear this happen to one of the nicest guys in MMA.

I'm sure he will be ok.

Zero sympathy from me.

Weight cutting was meant to help those fighters whose walk-around, low-body-fat weight is a tad north of the nearest lower weight class. For instance, when a guy who weighs 210 pounds and has an extremely low body fat percentage doesn't want to compete against those heavyweight monsters but rather cuts a few pounds and fights in the light heavyweight division.

Last edited:
I don't think it's up to the UFC to fix weight cutting, why can't people be held responsible for their own stupidity. If you can't use a car or a gun in a safe way don't use it, if you can't cut weight safely don't do it. What's the problem? These are professional athletes not high school kids.

is hall considered a big MW? I never thought so and i dont think he had any problems before. it might be related to the personal issues (death of coach) and sickness he mentioned before. should probably just take a long time off to clear his head and get healthy

Every time McG parks his green lambo at UFC center Uriah gets diarrhea.

Back