Upset Alert: Holly Holm will beat Cris Cyborg at UFC 219

It matters because Tonya continuously got backed against the cage and got t'd off on. Holly is completely different fighter with much better footwork.
Yeah, this may be true, but it doesn't matter against what he was pointing out. Actually it even kinda supports his point.
His point was that Holly's best bet is to hope that Cyborg gets reckless and bumrushes. And to that he pointed out, correctly, that in the Evinger fight Cyborg showed little to no tendency to blindly bumrush, instead she fought pretty measured and calculated.
And if Cyborg doesn't get reckless against little-threat Tonya, it doesn't make much sense to think she would against the better and more dangerous Holly.

You're confusing Cyborg with Nunes ;)

I don't remember Cris ever showing any serious cardio problems, not even in the fight that wasn't going her way.

Imo there's some small, but at least somewhat realistic chance that Holly manages to outpoint Cyborg.
And maybe, very maybe, a tiny little chance for a fight ending highkick - tho considering the shots Cris took from Jorina without getting ko'd, this seems pretty unlikely. Even more so as Holly might not feel so confident kicking here...
Yeah, she didn't throw a kick at Ronda until she had been dazed, knocked down and disoriented, I don't think throwing high kicks at Cyborg will be part of her plan unless she can do the same thing to her. Which is highly unlikely.

Yeah, this may be true, but it doesn't matter against what he was pointing out. Actually it even kinda supports his point.
His point was that Holly's best bet is to hope that Cyborg gets reckless and bumrushes. And to that he pointed out, correctly, that in the Evinger fight Cyborg showed little to no tendency to blindly bumrush, instead she fought pretty measured and calculated.
And if Cyborg doesn't get reckless against little-threat Tonya, it doesn't make much sense to think she would against the better and more dangerous Holly.
People who say Cyborg bum rushes, swings wild or gasses out simply don't know what they are talking about. Cyborg will give Holly a lot of respect. This fight will mostly be Cyborg stalking Holly looking for a spot to force an exchange. I also expect Cyborg to throw more kicks than usual.

Easily Cyborg toughest fight in god knows how long. I favor Cyborg simply because Holly's ground game is so weak.

I don't remember Cris ever showing any serious cardio problems

Eh, she only has one MMA fight that went past the 3rd round (4th, vs Marloes Coenen, and years ago), vast majority are done in the 1st or 2nd. That girl carries major muscle, and her weight cuts are brutal (in all weight classes she's fought). Holly's gone to the 5th round 3 times in her last 4 fights, Holly is a high movement, cardio machine...if Cris doesn't finish her within the first 3 rounds, Holly will out work her.

Cyborg didn't bumrush because Tonya wanted to take her down and Cyborg, for once in her life had to respect that. Tonya doesn't move laterally, she was getting walked down. Without the threat of takedown I think you're gonna see her back to bumrushing, It's just how she fights. She might try to be patient but Holly will be more patient and more cautious, eventually Cyborg gonna Cyborg. This fight is either gonna suck ass or be a bloodbath.

So that’s an upset now? Before cyborg was in the ufc people were saying cat zingano and Sara McMan would beat cyborg.

It would be the greatest win in wmma if holm can beat cyborg.

Holly has one shot ko
Power in her kicks so that will make it interesting.

Outside of a kickers chance cyborg is better everywhere and this will look like any other cyborg fight but holm won’t engage so she will last more than 2 rounds.

I think cyborg will get the gnp stoppage
Crazy how the haters move the Goal post. Before Cyborg was in the UFC Cyborg was a can overrated couldn't beat the top 5 BW let alone GOAT Ronda. Now Cyborg is a man and it isn't fair that she fights women. The brain of a hater is to always hate and never admit to being retarded. <seedat>

I would love to see this result. But I'm not confident that Holly will be able to keep Cyborg away from her for long enough to wear her down. They have nearly identical reach, so Holly will have to use her footwork and kicks. And we know what happens when Cyborg get in range to land some bombs.

Holly Ish is related to Justin Kish?

{<huh}

I hope Cyborg knocks her out in a embarrassing fashion! Goes straight up hulk mode on her and slams that boring blond into OBLIVION!

hulksmash.gif

Holly Brains and snot and goop all over the damn cage ! lol

Seriously she had 2 good fights in her entire career. One against Ronda and one against a chick who should not even be in the damn ufc. The rest were all freaking snoozers. Holly seems to have lost her killer instinct. Maybe she will find it again? Hope so for her sake otherwise she is minced meat.

I stopped being a Holly fan after that lacklaster pathetic attempt at a fight she had with De Randerblah. When she complained about her cheating and stuff it was the icing on the cake.

That said i hope its a WAR!!! Holly needs a good performance to win some fans like me back and Cyborg needs to prove she can hold that belt high in beating a technical striker.

Will it be a upset if she wins. Maybe a bit to certain people but Holly has a decorated background and has tons of experience and skill. Its Brawler VS Technique. In most cases more people will bet on the Technique over the brawling. Would not be surprised if the betting odds are close to be honest. I don't bet on fights though. Learnt my lesson ages ago. I just watch and hoot and holler

Last edited:
I don’t consider it an upset at all. Holly is the far more proven martial artist with her background. She will be the best fighter cyborg has ever faced imo.

I would like holly to win as I prefer to look at her ass than cyborgs

What are the odds for this fight? I am at work and cannot look them up.

In any case, if they are largely in Cyborg's favor, which I presume they will be, Holly is an absolutely amazing bet. She is the best stylistic counter Cyborg. Cyborg will be gassed by the third round due to her tremendous weight cut and over commitment to every shot i.e Conor McNuggets (lol Tony Ferguson).

Remember, this isn't Strikeforce Cyborg fighting Gina Carano, this is USADA Cyborg fighting a legitimate striker who will pick her shots, stay on the outside, and in the later rounds pick her apart.

I will bump this thread when the upset happens, and it will look so easy that in retrospect it will not look like an upset.
the girl that got choked out by Tate and was getting tagged up by Bethe, wrecked by a Muay Thai fighter in GDR, who isnt on Cris level, is the best stylistic counter to Cyborg? LOL

{<jordan}

..I agree, I'm getting the same feeling about this fight that I had prior to Holm/Rousey and Joanna/Rose. I think Holly is about to do something special again.

Not an upset to me. This is a pick em fight and I'd lean towards Holly. She's the only one that has fought top competition. She loses close technical battles and Cyborg only wins by brute savagery against non technical fighters. Cyborg can't win a point gamer and I'm not sure Holly can get beat up. She's too technical to be a punching bag like all of Cyborg's previous opponents.

I'm worried for Holly. If she can make it through the rush/brawls and wears cyborg out she has a shot. Just hope she doesn't get KO'd fast.

What are the odds for this fight? I am at work and cannot look them up.

In any case, if they are largely in Cyborg's favor, which I presume they will be, Holly is an absolutely amazing bet. She is the best stylistic counter Cyborg. Cyborg will be gassed by the third round due to her tremendous weight cut and over commitment to every shot i.e Conor McNuggets (lol Tony Ferguson).

Remember, this isn't Strikeforce Cyborg fighting Gina Carano, this is USADA Cyborg fighting a legitimate striker who will pick her shots, stay on the outside, and in the later rounds pick her apart.

I will bump this thread when the upset happens, and it will look so easy that in retrospect it will not look like an upset.

-330/+250 is the only line up so far on Bestfightodds

Hollys chin wont stand up, she was stunned and hesitant to engage against Betch (what ever her name is) Cyborg is goung to steamroll her

Back