Upset Alert: Holly Holm will beat Cris Cyborg at UFC 219

If it stays standing yeah Holly has a legitimate shot.

But Cyborg can just roid handle her down, no need for technique just pure exogenous testosterone rage.

I hope Holly KO's her and then Cyborg pops for a third time.

Send him/her back to Japan to tag team with another natty vixen in Gabi Garcia. Maybe 2v1 vs Baruto.

I mean since we are going this route,

you guys have no fucking respect.

109435.jpg
11189157_1403490776640772_946708592_n.jpg

What are the odds for this fight? I am at work and cannot look them up.

In any case, if they are largely in Cyborg's favor, which I presume they will be, Holly is an absolutely amazing bet. She is the best stylistic counter Cyborg. Cyborg will be gassed by the third round due to her tremendous weight cut and over commitment to every shot i.e Conor McNuggets (lol Tony Ferguson).

Remember, this isn't Strikeforce Cyborg fighting Gina Carano, this is USADA Cyborg fighting a legitimate striker who will pick her shots, stay on the outside, and in the later rounds pick her apart.

I will bump this thread when the upset happens, and it will look so easy that in retrospect it will not look like an upset.

We agree on this.

I always felt Holm was the best choice to beat Cyborg. Cyborg can be aggressive and Holm does well with the counter striking. This should be a good fight.

Last edited:
Holly will get slaughtered, it's too bad she has no power in her punches

Remember she was losing her last fight until the kick against that bum

It's a close fight, on paper. Probably Cyborg's toughest fight since Gina, and Holly is a much better fighter than Gina ever was. I won't commit to picking a winner here. Good fight

Sup playa.

Agree, I'm not committing either, really could go either way. I think this is a closer fight then people realize. Granted, Holly has has been up and down since the Honda fight, but her skills, her experience, with her team, could prove to be an issue for Cris.

I think they'll want to tire Cyborg out, as much as possible. Holly has GREAT cardio, she moves a lot, and will be harder to hit. They'll want to drag Cris into the 3rd, 4th, 5th round, then look for the kill...and yes, I think it could be a head kick. Cyborg plops forward, hunched over, open stance, quite a static target...when she's tired, her guard will go down...boom.

It's like a Vitor fight, imo...either Cyborg finishes Holly in round 1 or 2 (Holly has been brutally KO'd before), or Cris in trouble later on.

Super interesting fight.

Holly Holm has just the style to make Cyborg look amature. If Holly doesn't do anything stupid her style is perfect for aggressive attacks like Cyborgs and will probably break her will by the 3rd round and TKO her. Judging by her last fight Cyborg has little business being int he cage with a truly skilled striker. But you know, after watching the crap robbery that was Nunes/Schevchenko I recon anything can happen.

Your crazy. Cyborg will eat her up.

Bump this and give me my shame if I'm wrong. I like Holly so hope I am.

Not that much of an upset. Cyborg is a can crusher.

Hmmm, given each fighter's last several performances I'd have to disagree.

I would be extremely impressed if Holly managed to matador Cyborg into her head kick but even eking out a decision without getting TKO'd would be an achievement IMO.

I suppose it depends on how you rate each fighter, if you think they're evenly matched then a win for either won't be an upset. I slightly favour Holm, like I've said elsewhere it'll either resemble Joanna v Andrade or Andrade v Gadelha.

People still believe in Holm? She has only ever looked good against Ronda - who has the worst striking.. even against Correia, she looked like shit.

Cyborg by ko.

Ahh, you might want to take a look at her record. She already has a loss. Granted it was her very 1st fight but it is still a legitimate loss.
I think he meant to say ‘undefeated for all intensive purposes’

<VinceCa$h>

So that’s an upset now? Before cyborg was in the ufc people were saying cat zingano and Sara McMan would beat cyborg.

It would be the greatest win in wmma if holm can beat cyborg.

Holly has one shot ko
Power in her kicks so that will make it interesting.

Outside of a kickers chance cyborg is better everywhere and this will look like any other cyborg fight but holm won’t engage so she will last more than 2 rounds.

I think cyborg will get the gnp stoppage

Holm is an accomplished legit striker. I don't think the odds will be that crazy.
Agree, Holm +150 to +225. Also, people hoping Cyborg will lose and people who remember she knocked out Ronda will keep her odds low imo.

That's true, but if Cyborg fights like she did against Tonya I don't even see a kicker's chance for Holly. If the Cris of old times shows up and bumrushes forward she can get caught, although she's got an iron chin. But Holly better catches her, because if they clinch and Cyborg wants to put her on the ground it's gonna look horrific.
First of all Holly and Tonya fight nothing alike so I really don't understand that first comment. Second I don't think Cyborg can take Holly down from a clinch. I do agree if she manages to get Holly down it won't be pretty but takedowns aren't really apart of Cyborgs game.

It could end up being Marloes Coenen all over again
thanks to the fact that Holly will be giving up size and
weight and a lot of strength.

Back