Upset Alert: Holly Holm will beat Cris Cyborg at UFC 219

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
What are the odds for this fight? I am at work and cannot look them up.

In any case, if they are largely in Cyborg's favor, which I presume they will be, Holly is an absolutely amazing bet. She is the best stylistic counter Cyborg. Cyborg will be gassed by the third round due to her tremendous weight cut and over commitment to every shot i.e Conor McNuggets (lol Tony Ferguson).

Remember, this isn't Strikeforce Cyborg fighting Gina Carano, this is USADA Cyborg fighting a legitimate striker who will pick her shots, stay on the outside, and in the later rounds pick her apart.

I will bump this thread when the upset happens, and it will look so easy that in retrospect it will not look like an upset.

I hope so,

WAR QUEEN HOLLY!!

rousey-ko.gif

giphy.webp

k2PvSg.gif

hlmkobth.gif

this exact argument has been made for every holly fight post-ronda.

at some point people will learn.

Holly does best when someone comes at her. She's a fairly slick counter-striker.

Cyborg certainly has the power advantage, but I could see Holly making this a good fight if Cris gets reckless just going for a KO.

hope not want Cyborg retire female GOAT undefeated

I mean since we are going this route,

you guys have no fucking respect.

109435.jpg
Don't get what you mean bro,

Holly is going to pick Cyborg apart - perfect opponent for Holly...unless Cyborg wants to take her down then it could get nasty.

Year End Holly is a head kick KO machine.

Cyborg’s first real challenge IMO. She’s finally fighting an athlete.

It's a close fight, on paper. Probably Cyborg's toughest fight since Gina, and Holly is a much better fighter than Gina ever was. I won't commit to picking a winner here. Good fight

Holly Holm has just the style to make Cyborg look amature. If Holly doesn't do anything stupid her style is perfect for aggressive attacks like Cyborgs and will probably break her will by the 3rd round and TKO her. Judging by her last fight Cyborg has little business being int he cage with a truly skilled striker. But you know, after watching the crap robbery that was Nunes/Schevchenko I recon anything can happen.

All I know is

Jon Jones pops tainted for dick pills

Holly Holm always in a good mood, her fight performances started suffering
111615-UFC-Holly-Holm-Jon-Jones-LN-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.38.jpg

but she is back on track now, and her perfect style will KTFO Cyborg

hope not want Cyborg retire female GOAT undefeated
Ahh, you might want to take a look at her record. She already has a loss. Granted it was her very 1st fight but it is still a legitimate loss.

Would it really be an upset? It's hard to gauge how good Cyborg really is when most of the people she fights are glorified part-timers.

Back