Upset Alert: Holly Holm will beat Cris Cyborg at UFC 219

I think they'll want to tire Cyborg out, as much as possible. Holly has GREAT cardio, she moves a lot, and will be harder to hit. They'll want to drag Cris into the 3rd, 4th, 5th round, then look for the kill...and yes, I think it could be a head kick. Cyborg plops forward, hunched over, open stance, quite a static target...when she's tired, her guard will go down...boom.

It's like a Vitor fight, imo...either Cyborg finishes Holly in round 1 or 2 (Holly has been brutally KO'd before), or Cris in trouble later on.
You're confusing Cyborg with Nunes ;)

I don't remember Cris ever showing any serious cardio problems, not even in the fight that wasn't going her way.

Imo there's some small, but at least somewhat realistic chance that Holly manages to outpoint Cyborg.
And maybe, very maybe, a tiny little chance for a fight ending highkick - tho considering the shots Cris took from Jorina without getting ko'd, this seems pretty unlikely. Even more so as Holly might not feel so confident kicking here...

First of all Holly and Tonya fight nothing alike
Yeah, but that doesn't matter.
The point was how Cyborg fights nowadays. Which is a lot more patient and controlled than in her early days.

Can somebody point me to one fight where Holly has shown this amazing counter striking Sherdog is always on about outside of the Ronda fight?

She's a volume striker. That's what she is and always been.

Cyborg fights way more measured than most on here give her credit for. She is gonna wing shots like a bum like Ronda. She will pick Holly apart and finish her. She can also take her down and finish the fight whenever she wants to there as well

Cyborg wont gas if she dictates the pace, and she will. Holly aint gonna pressure him.

Your crazy. Cyborg will eat her up.

Bump this and give me my shame if I'm wrong. I like Holly so hope I am.

You will be, but I'm probably not gonna watch, nor am I likely to waste my time on the internet during the weekend.

What are the odds for this fight? I am at work and cannot look them up.

In any case, if they are largely in Cyborg's favor, which I presume they will be, Holly is an absolutely amazing bet. She is the best stylistic counter Cyborg. Cyborg will be gassed by the third round due to her tremendous weight cut and over commitment to every shot i.e Conor McNuggets (lol Tony Ferguson).

Remember, this isn't Strikeforce Cyborg fighting Gina Carano, this is USADA Cyborg fighting a legitimate striker who will pick her shots, stay on the outside, and in the later rounds pick her apart.

I will bump this thread when the upset happens, and it will look so easy that in retrospect it will not look like an upset.
Just google "leaked results for UFC 219"

Holm wins.

If Cyborg was the one in the lower weight class, I'd still pick her over Holm.

I like her chances and am surprised Cyroid accepted the fight. Did she run out of bloated 135ers to beat on?

I mean since we are going this route,

you guys have no fucking respect.

109435.jpg

Needs a Brazzers logo

I ALSO am picking Holly!

Cyborg's day of reckoning is fast approaching.

holly via 49-48
cyborg 49-48
or holly 50-45

For those who say cyborg gasses due to a weight cut what fights did that happen in? Or is that wishful thinking?

I’ve seen holly gas out. I’ve never seen cyborg gas out.

If Cris has her worst weightcut ever, I guess it would not be impossible for Holly to outpoint her.
I don't see her winning otherwise.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter.
The point was how Cyborg fights nowadays. Which is a lot more patient and controlled than in her early days.
It matters because Tonya continuously got backed against the cage and got t'd off on. Holly is completely different fighter with much better footwork.

Holly has a good style to beat the Borg - she's a "bully killer". She is hard to overpower and physically very strong herself, and had excellent striking technique. I could see her putting a technical beating on the Borg.

I won't count Holly out. She's a good technical striker, but I think Cyborg should be a very heavy favorite and will likely decapitate Holly.

Also let's not forget that it took Cybro 2.5 rounds to stop Evinger, despite Tonya's inability to either attack or defend herself in any meaningful way.

Nope, just don't see it. Funny that people criticize Cyborg as a can crusher when Holly has looked like a mid-tier fighter since she beat Ronda.

I wouldn't be surprised if this looked like Nunes vs Ronda.

Nunes vs Cyborg is a more interesting matchup to me. Can't believe Nunes is using "I don't want to fight a fellow Brazilian" as the excuse for ducking her.

Back