Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Evgeny Erokhin vs Emanuel Newton S-70 Russia August 21st

WSOF-GC let their champ take this difficult fight outside the company...

Erokhin wins by Unanimous decision. Newton just circled around and threw soft telegraphed kicks and then thought he won at the end. Erokhin landed the more effective strikes and moved forward most of the fight. Newton needs to really reevaluate how he fights. In foreign organizations, especially Russian organizations, you can't just dance around and try and bank points and expect to win.

Steve Mowry will be making his pro debut at Titan FC 41. The #1 Amateur on Paul Ls list could be getting a quick push with a few wins.

Really excited for Mowry's debut. Hopefully he's worked on his finishing ability at the Blackzillian's, because he has great technique already, he just needs that raw power to back it up.

Murod will be fighting at LHW primarily, but good prospect regardless.

Was going to try and the fight online later, but it sounds like it was a somewhat boring affair. Surprised Newton didn't try to wrestle with him more. Good win for Erokhin. Gotta wonder where Newton goes now, he really fell off hard. Wouldn't surprise me if Mo was able to beat him dominantly now.

Was going to try and the fight online later, but it sounds like it was a somewhat boring affair. Surprised Newton didn't try to wrestle with him more. Good win for Erokhin. Gotta wonder where Newton goes now, he really fell off hard. Wouldn't surprise me if Mo was able to beat him dominantly now.

He should try to get in the ow tournament for rizin. His wins over mo show he's a dangerous guy and while he's clearly no hw there's alot of guys in that tourney he can have good fights with.

Those are some pretty good signings. Rosholt could do big (and boring) things there.

Those are some pretty good signings. Rosholt could do big (and boring) things there.
Put him against Pat Walsh if he still wants to be at heavy.......weight. Sorry, fell asleep just thinking about that fight. I think Rosholt is still ranked pretty highly though (I think), if Ivanov can get a win over him it would be an impressive feather in his cap!

Not much HW action again this weekend.

Tony Lopez (43-23) vs. Jack May (7-3) - TFE
Kevin Asplund (16-11) vs. Brad Scholten (14-23) - MECCA 8
Christian Lo Re (5-2) vs. Andreas Grzywa (0-3) - Imperium FC
Brett Martin (1-0, 7-1 Am) vs. Kory Pena (1-0, 4-2 Am)
------
Jason Peppe (3-0 Am) vs. Jose Campos (1-0 Am) - Caged Titans 30
Frank Asplund (2-0 Am) vs. Gary Spears (0-1 Am) - MECCA 8

Jared rosholt joins Wsof

Interesting. That's a good fight for Rama's comeback. Rama has really good TDD. Rama is training at Jackson's MMA now too.

Also Ashley gooch joins Wsof

I'd go with Gooch vs Justin Willis as a first fight. Gooch needs a bit of testing on the wrestling aspect.

Some fun fight news:

Tai Tuivasa vs James McSweeney - Oct 15th at AFC 17
Tony Mustard vs Andrew Van Zyl - Sept 2nd at EFC 53
Wessel Mostert vs Ricky Misholas - Oct 15th at EFC 54
Danie Van Heerden vs Elvis Moyo - Oct 15th at EFC 54 for the EFC title
Masoud Ranjbar vs Jamie Sloane - Sept 10th at FMD Thailand

Also Ante Delija said he is healed up and will make his comeback to MMA later this year for M-1. I'd like to see him fight rising M-1 heavy Zaur Gadzhibabayev.

Last edited:
Tuivasa-McSweeney & Mustard-Van Zyl are both fun fights.

Good to see they're not rushing Mostert.

Interesting. That's a good fight for Rama's comeback. Rama has really good TDD. Rama is training at Jackson's MMA now too.

I'd go with Gooch vs Justin Willis as a first fight. Gooch needs a bit of testing on the wrestling aspect.

We will see if this guys are coming for a gp or to fight individual fights for the title?
Imo

Ivanov vs Shawn Jordan - title fight
Gp should look something like this:

Rosholt vs Rama - #1 contender
Gooch vs arsen abdulkerimov
Tyler King vs josh Copeland
Justin Willis vs AKHMEDSHAIKH GELEGAEV

Glad to hear Rama is in a good gym
I still think he could be a top HW in a few years

Glad about the Delija's news too

Brett Martin vs Kory Pena ends in a No Contest. Martin was dominating before kneeing his grounded opponent. He moves pretty quick for a 265er. Cut about 40 lbs to make Heavyweight and to take his career seriously. If he can avoid being sloppy, he could be a solid prospect. Comes from a Wrestling background.

Last edited:
Back