Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

I pasted the info mmajunkie put! I didn't realized he had fought recently

Sorry man, I wasn't having a go at you or anything! I just swore I'd seen Pat Walsh's name crop up recently!

Matchups for Rizin's GP confirmed:

Mirko Cro Cop vs Hyun Man Myung
Karl Albrektsson vs Valentin Moldavsky
Teodoras Aukstuolis vs Szymon Bajor
Amir Aliakbari vs Joao Almeida
Jiri Prochazka vs Mark Tanios
Fujita vs Baruto

Got a few questions for anyone that knows anything about some of these guys: How skilled are Bajor, Almeida and Tanios? Can they win their fights or are they going to get beaten rather easily?

Matchups for Rizin's GP confirmed:

Mirko Cro Cop vs Hyun Man Myung
Karl Albrektsson vs Valentin Moldavsky
Teodoras Aukstuolis vs Szymon Bajor
Amir Aliakbari vs Joao Almeida
Jiri Prochazka vs Mark Tanios
Fujita vs Baruto

Got a few questions for anyone that knows anything about some of these guys: How skilled are Bajor, Almeida and Tanios? Can they win their fights or are they going to get beaten rather easily?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_Rizin_Fighting_Federation#Openweight_Grand-Prix_bracket

Here you got the bracket as well. As a swede im happy that Albrektsson and Aliakbari are on different sides. They are also two of the best prospects in the GP imo.

Aliakbaris side seems much tougher right now, but I guess we can be pretty certain that the last name will be pretty big. Rampage or Fedor are my top bets. Ortiz and King Mo as dogs.

Coyuple of decent fights in the GP, a few solid prospects.

Steve Mowry wins his pro debut, 1-0 now, via 3rd round submission of previously 3-0 Marino Eatman, so he wasn't fight a complete can at least. Encouraging start.

Olympic Gold Medalist Kyle Snyder announced he wants to fight in MMA. This could be the legitimate American Heavyweight prospect we've been waiting for. Or maybe he can cut to Light Heavyweight because he's a smaller Heavyweight.

Also, thanks for the Tapology love guys! We work hard to be the most up to date.

Olympic Gold Medalist Kyle Snyder announced he wants to fight in MMA. This could be the legitimate American Heavyweight prospect we've been waiting for. Or maybe he can cut to Light Heavyweight because he's a smaller Heavyweight.

Also, thanks for the Tapology love guys! We work hard to be the most up to date.

Great site.

Snyder would be an excellent signing to go with Bilyal Makhov! Throw Aliakbari and maybe Masoud Ranjibar and Arjen Bhullar in there too with a few more wins.

265lbs- Tanner Boser (10-2) vs. Joe Yager (11-4)

Unified MMA 28 – Edmonton – September 30

265lbs- Steve Roy (3-1) vs. Trevor Lefrancois (2-0)

Prestige FC 3 – Regina – October 7

KOTC sept 17th

Nathan “Bamm Bamm” Bryant vs Brad Scholten

I quite like the Boser/Yager fight. I still think Boser would be better off at 205lbs though.

Josh Copeland 12-4 vs Smealinho Rama 9-2 added to Wsof 34 nov 12th

Yeah i agree on the tapology sentiment, for modern fights they are better

old fights they are shit, they called bodog canadian regional mma, but in my research of the old fight promotions, UFC FP should buy up that bodog footage, good camera work, women's fights, many current ufc fighters

Anyone else feel that if EFN bothered with belts their title would be the legit russian scene belt? the seem to get the best of the international fighters and poach whomever from wherever. it would help clean up the tekprep/AKB/M-1 confusion

as for this weekend Darko Stosic 24, might just be a LHW, but is 8-1 fighting a guy with alot of fights and a great record, his 1 loss is to jiri prochazka who has only lost to UFC HW, ufc MW and bellator MW/LHW. so he is on the breakthrough level. Final fight 26

also Arjan Bhullar is a level down from that, undefeated, facing an american with a 6-2 record, he's actually a large HW so could be worth keeping an eye on if he wins this BFL 45

Last edited:
Paul, what you think about the brazillian future in heavyweight? These guys like Ricardo Prasel, Fernando Rodrigues Jr, Junior Albini, do you think any of them could have a future in the UFC? Theres been quite a bit since any brazillian heavyweight signed up

Paul, what you think about the brazillian future in heavyweight? These guys like Ricardo Prasel, Fernando Rodrigues Jr, Junior Albini, do you think any of them could have a future in the UFC? Theres been quite a bit since any brazillian heavyweight signed up
I don't know much about Junior or Ricardo, but I don't think Rodrigues Junior would go very far. He seems like a brawler with a 1 round gas tank, he has thunderous power though, as his fight with Ali Mohammad showed, but more skilled strikers should beat him.

I'm very curious about the brazilian guy in the Rizin tourney, he beat an undefeated brazilian HW prospect in his last fight. Got a pretty tough fight ahead of him though.

I don't know much about Junior or Ricardo, but I don't think Rodrigues Junior would go very far. He seems like a brawler with a 1 round gas tank, he has thunderous power though, as his fight with Ali Mohammad showed, but more skilled strikers should beat him.

I'm very curious about the brazilian guy in the Rizin tourney, he beat an undefeated brazilian HW prospect in his last fight. Got a pretty tough fight ahead of him though.
Only 2 weeks left untill Rodrigues vs Mohammad rematch, hopefully that fights lasts a bit longer. Really want to see Yosef in a longer fight at least. Right now we don't have that much to judge on from either. Or well, Rodrigues looked quite bad against Oli Thompson right?

Back