Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

I'm sold on Willis, WSoF need to build him up with a few more fights then give him a title shot.
Yeah I'm not sure if they are going to do the hw gp, but I'll imagine Ivanov vs Shawn Jordan is the next fight to make!

I see Willis vs Mocco as a possible number #1 contender fight?

Copeland looked surprisingly good last night! Maybe him vs Tyler King next!

Lorenzo Hood continues to disappoint

Yeah I'm not sure if they are going to do the hw gp, but I'll imagine Ivanov vs Shawn Jordan is the next fight to make!

I see Willis vs Mocco as a possible number #1 contender fight?

Copeland looked surprisingly good last night! Maybe him vs Tyler King next!

Lorenzo Hood continues to disappoint

I like all those ideas. And Ivanov's cardio isn't world class, so a durable guy like Copeland who can go 5 rounds can be a tricky matchup. Thankfully Ivanov is a good striker and he can keep doing damage even if he's gassed on the feet. He likely won't be as lucky vs Jordan, but Jordan has been KO'd before, so that's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'd be down for Willis vs Mocco for sure, although Mocco is still a big question mark in terms of injury recovery.

Copeland vs King is good, or maybe throw Mehmen in there too. Hood is all hype, whenever I see guys go from fighting at 185 to HW, unless they are really really good, they never pan out. If you can fight at a lean 185, 205 is probably your maximum before you start getting outside your physical comfort zone.

I reckon Sergei Pavlovich needs to start training with some American camps ASAP. Top prospect but he can get into winging brawls far too easily which could end his potential real quick.

Needs to pick his shots. Cutelaba is the same.

Copelands chin is unreal. He's a modern day Cabbage

HW's really delivered this weekend in terms of action. The Emelianenko/Maldonado and Copeland/Ivanov fights were both awesome.

I reckon Sergei Pavlovich needs to start training with some American camps ASAP. Top prospect but he can get into winging brawls far too easily which could end his potential real quick.

Yeah I don't get the people on here who want to see him in the UFC right now. He needs more experience. Still way too reckless for my liking. As you said he needs to learn how to pick his shots. Journeymen HW fighters might fall over from that, but that'll cost you at the higher level.

He needs more rounds. Just looking at his record... Baga Agaev is the only opponent to have taken him to a decision and past the 1st rd. Speaks volumes. We all need to slow down and let this kid grow.

I'll tell you who's ready for the UFC though.. Minakov. He was born ready. But it's now or never if we're to see what he's truly made of.

Does anybody know Volkov's contract situation with M1? I am sure I remember it being a 2 fight deal when he signed. The UFC should definitely sign him. He's only 27, still young for a HW, with 30+ fights.

Yeah I don't get the people on here who want to see him in the UFC right now. He needs more experience. Still way too reckless for my liking. As you said he needs to learn how to pick his shots. Journeymen HW fighters might fall over from that, but that'll cost you at the higher level.

He needs more rounds. Just looking at his record... Baga Agaev is the only opponent to have taken him to a decision and past the 1st rd. Speaks volumes. We all need to slow down and let this kid grow.

I'll tell you who's ready for the UFC though.. Minakov. He was born ready. But it's now or never if we're to see what he's truly made of.

Can't really argue there, he does take some shots that might knock him out against a top 20 guy, and lets his defense lapse during exchanges. That being said, the UFC has signed some lower level heavies they can put him against to build him up. However in his case I also wouldn't be upset if he moved to 12-0 before getting his shot.

And yeah, Minakov is beyond ready, he's overdue at this point.

Does anybody know Volkov's contract situation with M1? I am sure I remember it being a 2 fight deal when he signed. The UFC should definitely sign him. He's only 27, still young for a HW, with 30+ fights.
Yeah he said his contract allowed him to negotiate after this fight.

Quality signing by UFC, can't wait to see Sos fight there. I'd like to see him fight someone like Timothy Johnson or Walt Harris first.

Nice, a fight with that Brazilan guy that fourght Francis Ngannou would be a good first fight for him.
That guy is at 205 now I think dude. Maybe Jared Cannonier would be a good first fight

That guy is at 205 now I think dude. Maybe Jared Cannonier would be a good first fight

Nah, a different Luis Henrique (Da Silva)...the one Ngannou beat welcomes Dmitry Smolyakov to the HW division on FOX 20 next month.

Love the Cannonier suggestion!

Nah, a different Luis Henrique (Da Silva)...the one Ngannou beat welcomes Dmitry Smolyakov to the HW division on FOX 20 next month.

Love the Cannonier suggestion!
Cannonier alluded to trying to drop down to 205 after his last win, so he might not be an available option.

Titan FC ‏@TitanFighting Jun 16

#TitanFC40 goes down on #August5 at the @The_BUC in #CoralGables, #FL live @UFCFightPass #HeavyWeights #BigMen #KO

ClHk_saVEAEJNpO.jpg

I'm assuming they'll go with Jack May vs Derrick Mehmen and Chase Sherman vs Scott Barrett. That's another heavy gone from WSOF I suppose.

Tom Aspinall wins via 1st round TKO, moving to 5-2, but again he beat a jobber really. See if he can beat a decent opponent next without suffering a brain-fart.

Anthony Hamilton would be my pick to fight Sosnovskiy, winnable fight but still a good test.

And for Titan, will it be a one night tournament? Or will one of those fights be a title fight?

Anthony Hamilton would be my pick to fight Sosnovskiy, winnable fight but still a good test.

And for Titan, will it be a one night tournament? Or will one of those fights be a title fight?
I'm not sure, it said there was going to be a third HW fight on the card. It didn't say who though.

After last weekends huge HW action, there is not much to get excited about this week.

Matt Mitrione (9-5) vs. Carl Suemantufa (10-6) - Bellator
Jon Hill (10-4) vs. Kris Renty (0-2) - RITC
Mark Tanios (4-1) vs. Luc Ngeleka (4-1) - SHC 11
Wagner Maia (3-0) vs. Juninho Mutante (0-0) - WOCS 43
Andrei Kovalev (3-0) vs. Ebgeniy Bova (6-5) - MMA Pro Ukraine
Lee Burns (2-0) vs. Byron Stevens (0-0, 6-1 Am) - Bellator
Josh Parisian (2-1, 8-2 Am) vs. Anthony Coleman (0-0) - Dual Combat Sports
Jeff Blachly (2-1, 6-1 Am) vs. Bryson Haubrick (0-3) - Strike Off 8
------
Philip Rowland (5-0 Am) vs. Kaleb Leonard (1-0 Am) - Baptized by Blood

Back