Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Potential of this list ?

http://www.tapology.com/rankings/regional/2023-ukraine-pro-mens-heavyweight

2 of the guys are in the UFC. Sosnovskii and Ion Cutelaba (facing cirkunov) Maybe even sign Mikhail Ragozin as a LHW. Even The Donald Njatah Nya could have some fun fights at HW.

Donald will likely be at LHW in future fights, he's small for a heavy.

Poberezhets would be a good guy with a big record to feed to prospects to boost their records, like Chris De La Rocha was. He won't make the mid levels in the UFC though unless he really takes training and development seriously. I wouldn't say no to them signing him though to give him a shot.

Gladkov and Kiselov I wouldn't put within 100 miles of the UFC, they both just beat up ultra low level regional Ukrainian guys, and they are old. Gladkov is 37 or 38 I think.

Spivak is the hidden gem in that list, he's been fighting since 17 (at heavyweight no less) and is just a freakishly strong and athletically gifted kid, kind of like a heavyweight Rory Macdonald. His only issue is he needs to get to a big camp, which is hard for these younger guys in that region of the world with the resources they have available to them.

HW fights this weekend:

Dion Staring (34-12) vs. Darko Stosic (7-1) - FFC 25
Tyler East (14-5) vs. Dale Sopi (6-1) - FFC 25
Geronimo Dos Santos (37-16) vs. Marcus Sursa (16-9) - Akhmat Grand Prix
Goran Reljic (15-6) vs. 5Kazbek Saidaliev (6-1) - Akhmat Grand Prix
Tony Sylvester (11-3) vs. Tony Parker (12-12) - Caged Madness 43
Ruben Wolf (10-7) vs. Thomas Denham (7-8) - Eiko 10
Demoreo Dennis (5-3) vs. Gary Frazier (3-2) - FCF 52
Kenneth Bergh (2-0) vs. Luke Morton (1-0) - Golden Ticket Fight Night
Jonathan Romero (1-0, 5-1 Am) vs. Ed Abrasley (0-2) - PA Cage Fight 24
------
Antonio Aguilar (6-2 Am) vs. Calyn Hall (2-0 Am) - Pure FC 4
Lazaro Gonzalez (3-0 Am) vs. Chuck Kowalchick (1-3 Am) - PA Cage Fight 24

That Akhmat HW GP went to hell quickly. All those guys except Geronimo are LHW's. With that field I'll probably go with Goran I guess. Sursa is a possibility too.

East vs Sopi is solid, I'll be rooting for Sopi in that one.

Stosic and Staring is good too, hopefully Stosic can pull that one off, he's young and athletic, so unless Staring's experience can overcome that, he'll take the title.

Jonathan Romero is also interesting, but unproven still. I think he should fight Shawn Teed after this fight.

Denis Goltsov vs. Paul Buentello -- main event of the ACB 41 (July 15)

Few results I stumbled across, Paul....

Jonathan Romero moves to 2-0.

Darko Stosic moves to 8-1 with a 1st round blitzing of bloated MW, Manny Murillo.

Kazbek Saidaliev beats Goran Reljic to move to 7-1, UD I believe.

Huge weekend of HW action.

Fedor Emelianenko (35-4) vs. Fabio Maldonado (22-9) - Fight Nights
Vitaliy Minakov (17-0) vs. Peter Graham (11-9) - Fight Nights
Blagoi Ivanov (13-1) vs. Josh Copeland (12-3) - WSOF (HW Title)
Alexander Volkov (25-6) vs. Attila Vegh (29-6) - M1 (HW Title)
Kirill Sidelnikov (9-4) vs. Ruben Wolf (10-7) - Fight Nights
Sergey Pavlovich (7-0) vs. Chaban Ka (8-4) - Fight Nights
Lorenzo Hood (9-3) vs. Tyler King (10-4) - WSOF
Javy Ayala (8-5) vs. Roy Boughton (14-7) - Bellator
Ruan Potts (8-6) vs. Vandam Mbuyi (3-3) - EFC Africa
Daniil Arepyev (5-0) vs. Anton Vyazigin (5-1) - M1
Juliano Coutinho (7-2) vs. Justin Willis (3-1) - WSOF
Tom Aspinall (4-2) vs. Kamil Bazelak (4-7) - Full Contact Contender
Tai Tuivasa (3-0) vs. Brandon Sosoli (6-3) - Australian FC (HW Title)
Nurbek Ismailov (3-0) vs. Musa Ismailov (0-0) - Tech Krep FC
John Marshall (2-0) vs. Lee Curry (0-1) - ICE FC
Chris Lewis (0-0, 6-0 Am) vs. Gil Medina (1-0) - Bellator
Dan Hoogerhyde (0-0, 4-0 Am) vs. Charles Brown (0-2) - NATO
------
Brett Sanchez (5-0 Am) vs. John Gonzalez (2-0 Am) - KTFO 14
Jeff Ronquille (5-1 Am) vs. Josh Metzger (0-0 Am) - Caged Warrior Championship

Denis Goltsov vs. Paul Buentello -- main event of the ACB 41 (July 15)

Hopefully they put Goltsov against Rasulov soon for the title, surprised that hasn't happened yet!

Good confidence booster for Aspinall, that last fight was truly a shame with the DQ. I normally wouldn't keep a 4-2 guy on my list, but Aspinall's two loses were both really crappy. One he was dominating and left himself open, and then other was the DQ.

Few results I stumbled across, Paul....

Jonathan Romero moves to 2-0.

Darko Stosic moves to 8-1 with a 1st round blitzing of bloated MW, Manny Murillo.

Kazbek Saidaliev beats Goran Reljic to move to 7-1, UD I believe.

I'd like to see Romero fight Shawn Teed, both of those guys are looking good at the lower regional levels, the winner can take the next step.

Stosic... hopefully he finally gets his shot at the title, that's twice now he's had main event opponents pull out.

And Saidaliev seems to be an amazing wrestler, he can keep decently skilled guys down. I'll add him to my honorables and see how he does, but his wrestling is on point anyways.

Holy crap Willis made weight. Doing what Huggy Bear couldn't. Rooting for Willis since he trains at AKA and is actually improving fight to fight. Glad he's away from that SHW nonsense.

Huge weekend of HW action.

Fedor Emelianenko (35-4) vs. Fabio Maldonado (22-9) - Fight Nights
Vitaliy Minakov (17-0) vs. Peter Graham (11-9) - Fight Nights
Blagoi Ivanov (13-1) vs. Josh Copeland (12-3) - WSOF (HW Title)
Alexander Volkov (25-6) vs. Attila Vegh (29-6) - M1 (HW Title)
Kirill Sidelnikov (9-4) vs. Ruben Wolf (10-7) - Fight Nights
Sergey Pavlovich (7-0) vs. Chaban Ka (8-4) - Fight Nights
Lorenzo Hood (9-3) vs. Tyler King (10-4) - WSOF
Javy Ayala (8-5) vs. Roy Boughton (14-7) - Bellator
Ruan Potts (8-6) vs. Vandam Mbuyi (3-3) - EFC Africa
Daniil Arepyev (5-0) vs. Anton Vyazigin (5-1) - M1
Juliano Coutinho (7-2) vs. Justin Willis (3-1) - WSOF
Tom Aspinall (4-2) vs. Kamil Bazelak (4-7) - Full Contact Contender
Tai Tuivasa (3-0) vs. Brandon Sosoli (6-3) - Australian FC (HW Title)
Nurbek Ismailov (3-0) vs. Musa Ismailov (0-0) - Tech Krep FC
John Marshall (2-0) vs. Lee Curry (0-1) - ICE FC
Chris Lewis (0-0, 6-0 Am) vs. Gil Medina (1-0) - Bellator
Dan Hoogerhyde (0-0, 4-0 Am) vs. Charles Brown (0-2) - NATO
------
Brett Sanchez (5-0 Am) vs. John Gonzalez (2-0 Am) - KTFO 14
Jeff Ronquille (5-1 Am) vs. Josh Metzger (0-0 Am) - Caged Warrior Championship

Definitely a crazy weekend. Volkov defeats Vegh by TKO and Vyazigin defeats Arepyev by decision. Arepyev gassed, I was expecting a bit more from him. We'll see if Vyazigin can keep winning. I'd say put him against Zaur Gadzhibabayev next.

Tuivasa fighting a real opponent in MMA finally, so that should be a good test to see how he does.

Chris Lewis making his pro debut in Bellator, he's an amazing amateur fighter, I'm hoping for big things. Bellator should have outright signed him and not just for a one off prelim.

And obviously all the big fights. As much as I love Fedor, the prospect scout in me is more interested in Pavlovich's fight. Also Minakov of course, but he's beyond the prospect tag now.

Ivanov will likely torch Copeland, but cardio could be a little talked about factor, Ivanov gassing out while Copeland keeps coming is possible, not likely, but possible. Hood and King... Rooting for King but not expecting much either way. And Coutinho vs Willis, I touched on that above, good fight, rooting for Willis.

tyler king > lorenzo hood 2nd rd guillotine sub

justin willis> coutinho 2nd rd tko....looked good at hw....not shw!!!! like PAUL Said

From Bellator - Chris Lewis makes a successful pro debut, finishing his opponent late in round 1 to move to 1-0 as a pro. Looking forward to seeing more from him. On the same card but not really relevant to this thread, Javy Ayala smashed Roy Boughton in the first round too.

Tai Tuivasa wins by elbow KO in 20 seconds. If that kid can fight 3-4 times a year in MMA from now on, he'll be in a big promotion.

justin willis> coutinho 2nd rd tko....looked good at hw....not shw!!!! like PAUL Said

I'm sold on Willis, WSoF need to build him up with a few more fights then give him a title shot.

Back