Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Oezdemir at HW will remind me a bit of
Dave Herman, looks wise. I think we can say Derrick Mehmen will be the new Titan HW champ though, he'll finish Jack May and probably Oezdemir, too.

As for the Leroy Johnson/Jeff Hughes fight, I'm taking Johnson to win a boring, wrestle-heavy decision there, learning curve for Hughes.

Goltsov/Buentello is the best HW fight this weekend, if Goltsov wins I wanna see him in the UFC.

Paul L, what do you know about this HW fight on some minor card, a guy called Justin Colburn (maybe), 2-0 facing a pro debutant called Heath Soderstrom, who seemed to have a good amateur career? What's the latter like?

Speaking of Jeff Hughes, his next fight has been announced. At WXC 64 on August 13th, he'll fight #1 Michigan Heavyweight Leroy Johnson. Both are undefeated at 6-0. Winner could very likely join UFC. Johnson is a bit older at 36, but don't count him out.

13567270_10154485687169050_9199017459365513307_n.jpg

Hughes looks like the lovechild of Gus and Big country lol.

Couple of results from Akhmat MMA....

Dennis Goltsov T/KO's Buentello in round 1, quickly, with a head-kick. Goltsov is now 18-4 and for fucks sake, he is UFC ready. Sign this lad up! Now!

Michal Andrzyszak also wins via 33-second headkick T/KO over Tim Hague, climbing to 17-6. Wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up for a UFC Europe UFN card this year, even if its just as enhancement talent for someone else.

Titan FC has signed a heavyweight prospect from Switzerland and putting him right in the title picture.

Volkan Oezdemir, a recent signee, will fight for the heavyweight title at Titan FC 41 on Sept. 9, promotion officials told MMA Fighting on Thursday. Oezdemir will take on the winner of a title fight between Jack May and Derrick Mehmen from Titan FC 40 on Aug. 5.

Volkan is awesome, I'll be rooting for him. Both May and Mehmen are tough, but I think Mehmen is a tougher stylistic matchup for Volkan due to his ability to wrestle and take damage.

Paul L, what do you know about this HW fight on some minor card, a guy called Justin Colburn (maybe), 2-0 facing a pro debutant called Heath Soderstrom, who seemed to have a good amateur career? What's the latter like?

Sorry I didn't get at this sooner. Colburn is the better fighter, but he's nearing 36. Unless they bring him in like they did with Chris De La Rocha, as a guy to build up higher level prospects, I can't see him making the UFC. Bellator or WSoF maybe. On that same note, he won in the first round against Soderstrom. Soderstrom is a big dude, tough grinder with a decent chin, but also older at 33. Picture a less experienced Josh Copeland.

Couple of results from Akhmat MMA....

Dennis Goltsov T/KO's Buentello in round 1, quickly, with a head-kick. Goltsov is now 18-4 and for fucks sake, he is UFC ready. Sign this lad up! Now!

Michal Andrzyszak also wins via 33-second headkick T/KO over Tim Hague, climbing to 17-6. Wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up for a UFC Europe UFN card this year, even if its just as enhancement talent for someone else.

Andrzyszak is pure offense. He would actually be a good guy to match up with someone like the winner of Chase Sherman vs Justin Ledet, since it would guarantee a finish in either direction. I don't think he'd be a long term roster spot in the UFC though due to his poor defense, but he'd have some barn burner fights.

Is Goltsov still under contrct ?

He has 4 more fights with ACB, he originally signed a 6 fight exclusive contract. So we'll see him as a free agent mid to late 2017.

Which fighters would you like to see in the Rizin Open Weight GP? I don't think there will be many spots for prospects sadly.

Cheers for the info Paul. I can definitely see them picking up Andrszyak quite soon.

I'm bored, so here's a list of this weekend/weeks upcoming HW fights, pros only:

Drew Allen Stewart (1-3) vs. JD Ramsey (0-0) (RFC 37)
Darrell Wood (1-5) vs. Aaron Davis (7-5) (Legacy FC 58)
Anthony Horn (4-8) vs. Robert Monroe (0-0) (F&IFC 3)
Jason Preston (2-0) vs. Juan Torres (4-6) (SCC)
Dwight Gipson (6-7) vs. Jeremy Hardy (4-1) (SCC)
Jeremiah O'Neal (13-25) vs. Kyle Keeney (19-22) (SCC)
David Simmons (0-0) vs. Chris Rose (0-2) (SCC)

Very poor crop this weekend. Only interested in Jason Preston, Jeremy Hardy and JD Ramsey.

I'm bored, so here's a list of this weekend/weeks upcoming HW fights, pros only:

Very poor crop this weekend. Only interested in Jason Preston, Jeremy Hardy and JD Ramsey.
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to SCC this weekend, if so I'll let you guys know how things go with Hardy and Preston.

Hopefully that doesn't prevent him from signing with the UFC after its done? However, he'd need to win the entire thng and stay undefeated I reckon.

Yea not much regional, i'm only interested in JD Ramsey & Jeremy Hardy.

UFC has couple of decent fights. Ngannou will get another KO added to his record, and i'm interested to see how Smolyakov looks in his debut.
Francis Ngannou (7-1) vs. Bojan Mihajlovic (10-3)
Luiz Henrique (8-2) vs. Dmitry Smolyakov (8-0)

Which fighters would you like to see in the Rizin Open Weight GP? I don't think there will be many spots for prospects sadly.

Amir Aliakbari obviously, and he's now confirmed. Yosef Ali Mohammad I would like to see in it. Michal Wlodarek as KSW's representative. Chi Lewis Parry would be a cool entry too.

I'll be rooting for Hardy, but Barrett can definitely grind out the win. That's how Odom's got that split against Hardy. Hopefully the fight won't be too ugly.

Greg Rebello 20-6 vs Ashley Gooch 9-4-0
Ces 37 hw title fight

Gooch is really strong and hits like a truck, but his cardio isn't there, also he's in his 40's. Rebello should be fine if he can weather the storm in the first.

JD lost by RNC in round 3. Apparently he was in side control working a kimura and they stood him up, and the gas tank didn't hold up after a scramble. He'll be back.

Hardy and Preston should both win, they have gimme fights on that event. But that's also what I said about JD's fight. :p

Well....Jeremy Hardy just got taken out in the 1st.

Well....Jeremy Hardy just got taken out in the 1st.

I was just looking for results too! Jeez, what the heck is going on with prospects losing to the guys that are suppose to be easy W's this weekend.

Let me know how the main goes!

Preston lost by 2nd round TKO. No gas, no ground. Very bad showing by Jason Preston.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back