UFN 148 on ESPN+ 6 Thompson vs Pettis

Am I the only one who sees the Markos/Hill like being off? It looks like they have Randa set as the underdog. I can’t see Angela Hill being able to deal with her grappling. Keep in mind I called the Max Griffin win over Mike Perry.

Am I the only one who sees the Markos/Hill like being off? It looks like they have Randa set as the underdog. I can’t see Angela Hill being able to deal with her grappling. Keep in mind I called the Max Griffin win over Mike Perry.

Hill can move for days... her movement is perpetual and she seemingly never tires. That alone makes a lot of her fights very close...

Hill has good TDD and get ups and way better striking and won't go to shit after R1 like Markos always does nowadays.

Also calling one fight means absolutely nothing tbh. There were plenty of us hitting Griffin at +300 or whatever his line was at then.

The fight overall is a little more complicated than that (Hill has some ability to get up, Markos tends to fade after the first), but yeah, Markos will get takedowns.

Hill can move for days... her movement is perpetual and she seemingly never tires. That alone makes a lot of her fights very close...

Huh? Are you getting Hill confused with someone? She constantly tires and slows down in the 3rd round (and occasionally the end of the 2nd round) in her fights.

Granted she STILL has better cardio than Markos, but her own cardio is not good for the division.

Hill has good TDD and get ups and way better striking and won't go to shit after R1 like Markos always does nowadays.

Also calling one fight means absolutely nothing tbh. There were plenty of us hitting Griffin at +300 or whatever his line was at then.
Haha lies! I really felt like I was the only person on Sherdog that thought Griffin was going to outclass Perry. If that’s not enough for you I also called the John Howard over Urijah Hall fight a few years back. I’ll tell ya I know how to pick em buddy!

The fight overall is a little more complicated than that (Hill has some ability to get up, Markos tends to fade after the first), but yeah, Markos will get takedowns.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be shocked if Markos doesn't get a single takedown.

Haha lies! I really felt like I was the only person on Sherdog that thought Griffin was going to outclass Perry. If that’s not enough for you I also called the John Howard over Urijah Hall fight a few years back. I’ll tell ya I know how to pick em buddy!
Nobody cares about random picks you made that were correct over a 5 year period lol. Anyone here can do that easily (My personal fav is Emmett KOing Lamas) and if you go and look at the UFC on Fox 28 betting threads on sherdog you can see multiple people put bets on Griffin, which wasn't even a particularly hard fight to call betting wise either given Perry's obvious hype but obviously bad technique.

You're nothing remotely special, I hope your joking lol.

Nobody cares about random picks you made that were correct over a 5 year period lol. Anyone here can do that easily (My personal fav is Emmett KOing Lamas) and if you go and look at the UFC on Fox 28 betting threads on sherdog you can see multiple people put bets on Griffin, which wasn't even a particularly hard fight to call betting wise either given Perry's obvious hype but obviously bad technique.

Way more fun to go the other way. I picked 2019 Chuck to beat Tito. That was...a poor decision.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be shocked if Markos doesn't get a single takedown.

I would cap the chances of Markos getting at least 1 takedown at around -900. Markos took Lima down at will not too long ago, who is stronger and a better grappler than Hill. Hill, meanwhile, was taken down by Cortney Casey of all fighters.

Neither her strength nor her technique in the clinch is good, and this "Hill has massively improved her TDD!" posts are vastly overstating things. She has gone from awful to somewhat poor.

There is a good chance Hill wins, but not because she avoids being taken down entirely.

im glad you were able to pick up on the time I was trying to put down there.

She could deal with andrades grappling why not Markos?

Who has the lower fight iq is my question?

I love the ridiculous props on Skybet:

Aldrich Win, Most Significant Strikes and Dec is at +4000.

Aldrich 2+ Takedowns at +2500

Since when did Maycee Barber becoming a great wrestler? Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Aldrich hit takedowns and stick Barber on her back. That and striking well on the outside should be an obvious path to victory.

JJ to land the most take downs at 16/1 haha Parlay that with a Thompson win.. Shiiiiiit

Going to slam Shelton, Espinosa is garbage...

someone please convince me otherwise

Going to slam Shelton, Espinosa is garbage...

someone please convince me otherwise

I'm in with him sitting at -125 (1.80) right now. I won't necessarily get on board with 'slam' and 'garbage' but the value is there.

Shelton will easily pick Espinosa apart. On the feet on the ground. Espinosa seems to think he’s Dom Cruz but he’s got so many defensive liabilities. Shelton will land leg kicks at will, and will probably force Espinosa to engage and that will allow Shelton to find openings either for strikes or a level change. Not endorsing a finish but +530 for Shelton is a no brainer.

Gutierrez should win this fight although the price is too high for a B- level fighter like him. I see him landing low kicks, the other guy looks heavy on his lead foot. Gut looks to have some good dexterity in both his feet.

Makdessi’s line has gotten inflated but he should technically win this. Pinedo doesn’t have any footwork he just throws left kicks. There’s going to be many opportunities for counters. I think Makdessi eventually works his outside foot against the basic southpaw and lands a straight punch down the middle. I can see a finish happening too depending on how tough Pinedo’s chin is, and how willingly safe is Mak gonna fight, which I dunno.

I like the odds of Formiga winning a decision. I got him at +375 last time against lil Pettis which didn’t make any sense. He’s a back taker and those guys can win rounds. Davidson has fought one grappler which is Brooks and he was getting taken down at will. Formiga has much better control when it gets down there. The only difference in wrestling style is that Formiga prefers the body lock. Either way, I think this goes o2.5 as well.

Lastly, I’m on Big Titty Willis. I think his stance is going to give Blaydes some issues. Willis is a proficient lefty and being at AKA, I think he’ll settle into Blaydes’ style faster than you think. It’ll be a close fight but at +225 that should actually be at -110 a piece IMO. I’m playing his decision line as well +550.

@william hill in vegas, they allow you to parlay the over/unders on the main card. I’ve already got some safe bets settled in but I’m going to do my usually jackpot parlay on the following

Willis + o2.5
Formiga + o2.5
Makdessi + u2.5

6 leg 200$ (4 units) for 19,000$

Full Sherdog discloser:

So during openers I placed a large amount on Aldrich, thinking she was aspen Ladd. Lol don’t ask me why. They both look like little gremlins

I was hoping to buy out of most of my action, but barbers ml has been unplayable imo for most of the week.

Forced to hedge with barber dec +244

So barber winning itd wouldn’t be good for me

Full Sherdog discloser:

So during openers I placed a large amount on Aldrich, thinking she was aspen Ladd. Lol don’t ask me why. They both look like little gremlins

I was hoping to buy out of most of my action, but barbers ml has been unplayable imo for most of the week.

Forced to hedge with barber dec +244

So barber winning itd wouldn’t be good for me
Dont worry, Aldrich is submmiting that hyped Barbers

Back