UFN 148 on ESPN+ 6 Thompson vs Pettis

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Nb4twY7.jpg

If Pettis and Thompson were the same size, I would take Pettis even. His greatest weakness is a fighter who will push him against the cage and overwhelm him, which Thompson doesn't do at all.

So mad that Nasrat is injured.

Nasrat + Wonderboy + Montel Jackson (+ Des Green) was the easiest money possible.

Pettis at 170

{<jordan}

Willis gotta KO Blaydes in order to win imo. If it goes the distance its likely Blaydes scoring TD's and controlling top position. I can see Big Pretty sprawling a few but idk if he can do that for 15 and out point Curtis.

I like Formiga but I would be very afraid of the physicality of Fig.

Expecting Aldrich line to widen. Hoping the hype train gets derailed and I get my revenge for what Maycee did to my girl Audrey A-train.

Will also be on Chito Vera and Hill in some fashion.

I got pettis a few weeks ago 2u at 7.00, will prob use it to freeroll thompson. Hopefully the line continues to drop inside the 3.xx. Would love to see pettis do well but thompson will be seriously bigger

Think you underrated Makdessi a bit.
Makdessi is a good martial artist would have been great to see how he delt with the constant pressure of Nasrat. Outside of a finish I think Makdessi would have struggled as his output is much lower

Makdessi is a good martial artist would have been great to see how he delt with the constant pressure of Nasrat. Outside of a finish I think Makdessi would have struggled as his output is much lower
Makdessi outlanded everyone of his opponents since 2012. Including Cerrone, Yancy etc. His output can often depend on the opponent but nobodies ever outpaced him and I thought his long kicks and strikes up the middle would of given Nas a lot of problems trying to blitz.

Makdessi outlanded everyone of his opponents since 2012. Including Cerrone, Yancy etc. His output can often depend on the opponent but nobodies ever outpaced him and I thought his long kicks and strikes up the middle would of given Nas a lot of problems trying to blitz.
Yea would have been a good fight hopefully its rebooked

If Pettis and Thompson were the same size, I would take Pettis even. His greatest weakness is a fighter who will push him against the cage and overwhelm him, which Thompson doesn't do at all.
Meh disagree here, while Thompsons style doesnt hamper Pettis, Pettis style certainly doesn’t infringe on Wonderbread either

Thompson is bigger and with a 170 bloatmax edition Pettis I expect to be way faster
Obviously am never enthusiastic about -400 price but Will include in parlays

Damn are people sleeping on my fat boy "Big Pretty" ?

The line looks too crazy. I like Willis a lot tbh. Easy money against Hunt last time. He is a wrestler himself and trains at AKA. I will definitely research this matchup after tomorrow‘s fights.

I think you underrate Nasrat a little bit. That guy is amazing. Makdessi might be a good bet though against that Pinedo can.
He lost the second round to Gouti and can't fight going backwards. Defence isn't great either. And that's all just the issues with his striking which is his strong suit, Marcin Held already showed the deficiencies in his grappling.

In contrast Makdessi's TDD is excellent, he can fight going forwards and backwards with much more diverse striking arsenal. Biggest concern would be how good Nasrats chin and power in the pocket.

The line looks too crazy. I like Willis a lot tbh. Easy money against Hunt last time. He is a wrestler himself and trains at AKA. I will definitely research this matchup after tomorrow‘s fights.

When have we ever seen Willis wrestle though? He didn't even look good in the clinch against Chase Sherman which is somewhere Blaydes could happily stay the whole fight and win. Also I wouldn't say he was easy money at all vs Hunt when he lost the first round and only won after Hunt injured himself and lost most of his movement.

He lost the second round to Gouti and can't fight going backwards. Defence isn't great either. And that's all just the issues with his striking which is his strong suit, Marcin Held already showed the deficiencies in his grappling.

In contrast Makdessi's TDD is excellent, he can fight going forwards and backwards with much more diverse striking arsenal. Biggest concern would be how good Nasrats chin and power in the pocket.

When have we ever seen Willis wrestle though? He didn't even look good in the clinch against Chase Sherman which is somewhere Blaydes could happily stay the whole fight and win. Also I wouldn't say he was easy money at all vs Hunt when he lost the first round and only won after Hunt injured himself and lost most of his movement.

Gouti took an insane level of punishment without getting ko‘d. Nasrat gassed by punching himself out. Makdessi would have been knocked out. He is also just 23 training at Tristar and with Rafael Cordeiro. You will see a better Nasrat every fight. His pressure would have been too much for Makdessi who likes to fight at range.

Willis took no risks against Hunt. He started slow, figured Hunt out and just played with him for 2 rounds. Never was he in any danger of losing like Blaydes, so it was easy money. He moved and jabbed Hunt. Easy gameplan against a basic fighter that never changed his style.

Against Sherman it was similar to Nasrat vs Gouti. He kicked his ass and slowed down in the last round because Chase somehow was still in the fight. Willis is still new to the game. We will see progress and he has power + good reach. I like Blaydes but we saw him rocked multiple times and even old man Hunt caught him clean. This fight is definitely not easy for Curtis.

Blaydes will destroy him. Big pretty will be on his back as long as it lasts

Gouti took an insane level of punishment without getting ko‘d. Nasrat gassed by punching himself out. Makdessi would have been knocked out. He is also just 23 training at Tristar and with Rafael Cordeiro. You will see a better Nasrat every fight. His pressure would have been too much for Makdessi who likes to fight at range.

Willis took no risks against Hunt. He started slow, figured Hunt out and just played with him for 2 rounds. Never was he in any danger of losing like Blaydes, so it was easy money. He moved and jabbed Hunt. Easy gameplan against a basic fighter that never changed his style.

Against Sherman it was similar to Nasrat vs Gouti. He kicked his ass and slowed down in the last round because Chase somehow was still in the fight. Willis is still new to the game. We will see progress and he has power + good reach. I like Blaydes but we saw him rocked multiple times and even old man Hunt caught him clean. This fight is definitely not easy for Curtis.
Willis didn't start slow he was losing the fight because Hunt was better. He was outstriking him and then injured his leg. If you can't tell the difference between Hunt in the first and second round I don't know what to tell you as he blatantly couldn't move anywhere near as well. Acting like it was easy money when the win was entirely dependent on the occurrence of a low percentage injury is completely off.

As for stuff like Blaydes getting caught you're exaggerating it completely. He was caught by Ngannou and Hunt two of the biggest hitters in the division if not the biggest and who certainly hit considerably harder than Willis who aside from against Alan Crowder (lol) has gone to decision in everyone of his UFC fights. Every time Blaydes was caught even when getting finished against Ngannou he displayed a freakish chin with the amount of punishment he took taking multiple flush overhands off of Hunt only to time a double leg takedown while rocked and against Ngannou he went down off a giant overhand plus follow up shots and was recovered when the fight was stopped anyway.

If you're gambling on not only Willis being able to stuff the takedowns (which we've never seen), not get dominated in the clinch and also be able to hurt a guy like that when he couldn't even finish guys like Chase Sherman, then you're in for a rough night.

Last edited:
Willis didn't start slow he was losing the fight because Hunt was better. He was outstriking him and then injured his leg. If you can't tell the difference between Hunt in the first and second round I don't know what to tell you as he blatantly couldn't move anywhere near as well. Acting like it was easy money when the win was entirely dependent on the occurrence of a low percentage injury is completely off.

As for stuff like Blaydes getting caught you're exaggerating it completely. He was caught by Ngannou and Hunt two of the biggest hitters in the division if not the biggest and who certainly hit considerably harder than Willis who aside from against Alan Crowder (lol) has gone to decision in everyone of his UFC fights. Every time Blaydes was caught even when getting finished against Ngannou he displayed a freakish chin with the amount of punishment he took taking multiple flush overhands off of Hunt only to time a double leg takedown while rocked and against Ngannou he went down of a giant overhand plus follow up shots and was recovered when the fight was stopped anyway.

If you're gambling on not only Willis being able to stuff the takedowns (which with never seen), not get dominated in the clinch and also be able to hurt a guy like that when he couldn't even finish guys like Chase Sherman, then you're in for a rough night.
this was a very good post

I will take a few shots on Pettis.
That fact his an underdog for next week's fight card makes it even nicer.

Pettis at 170

{<jordan}

Willis gotta KO Blaydes in order to win imo. If it goes the distance its likely Blaydes scoring TD's and controlling top position. I can see Big Pretty sprawling a few but idk if he can do that for 15 and out point Curtis.

I like Formiga but I would be very afraid of the physicality of Fig.

Expecting Aldrich line to widen. Hoping the hype train gets derailed and I get my revenge for what Maycee did to my girl Audrey A-train.

Will also be on Chito Vera and Hill in some fashion.

The Formiga line jumped out, Fig is good, but Formiga is a good enough of a TD artist to get him down, and he knows how to burn time once on the mat and a good back taker. Also Fig's style of stalking his opponent and delivering heavy single strikes with his hands low, is terrifying for his opponent, but tailor made for formiga to use his spinny shit.

Ive only got 1u on Formiga so far, but thinking of adding another.

I think Formiga is being disrespected here as the underdog, but is Fig's physicality just too much for him to handle?

Aldrich line up to +200 now. Guess I should’ve waited

Back