UFN 119 - Machida vs Brunson - Sao Paulo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody needs to explain to me why Covington is a fave vs Maia.

Based on his takedown defense vs Kim he looks like he is prob going to get rekt

Liking Maia as an underdog. Covington's striking is ultra-rudimentary, and I don't like the idea of Covington grappling with Maia.

Somebody needs to explain to me why Covington is a fave vs Maia.

Based on his takedown defense vs Kim he looks like he is prob going to get rekt

Totally with you on that one. Covington can be taken down, isn't a Khabib-tier super wrestler and is really just an evolved Jon Fitch. Maia's style destroys pressure wrestleboxers, since he doesn't give a single fuck about being taken down. Maia subs him inside 2, IMO. Guys like Covington tend to have terrible TDD since they're used to coming forward, and I don't see Covington's striking game winning 3 rounds.

Man cant blame machida for fighting at his age. Money is everything. I just cant stand everytime he loses. I feel depressed af

Munhoz and Maia both jump out at me as dogs. I think Brunson dominates Machida, but I don't like the current line. Might look into a KO prop. How's Machida historically gone against southpaws?

Man cant blame machida for fighting at his age. Money is everything. I just cant stand everytime he loses. I feel depressed af
Yeah i really hate seeing Machida lose. He is so awesome just 10 yrs too old.

I srsly wonder against which opponents Colby would open as the dog. Despite Woodley

Man, I was going to land on Colby if he was a big dog, but at these odds can't help but go for Maia.
I srsly wonder against which opponents Colby would open as the dog. Despite Woodley
Wonderboy probably.

Usman might be favoured against Colby, or at least be close to it

This is far from a coin flip imo, huge gap in the stand up. Maxed the -150 opener and added more at -181

Man I don't see it. Font Impressed the shit out if me against Andrade, but Munhoz isn't as hittable as he is and has a few more tools.. and he has the grappling edge..

Usman might be favoured against Colby, or at least be close to it

Usman > Colby.

They're both great wrestlers whom I would take against most of the top ten, but colby's standup , while improving, still needs work. No power. He sticks to the grappling way more. And he has a better sub game of the two.

Usman would be a much tougher matchup than Colby. I actually think Colby might willingly grapple with Maia. And I like that as a Maia bettor.

To be clear, I think it's a darn close fight. Maia vs Colby. I'd take Colby if he was +150.. I'd take either guy at that price. Colby has virtually no chance to finish maia, either.

Covington is the right side and there are many reasons why

There are not many guys that I would favour to beat Covington and Maia is certainly not one of them. Besides losing to Alves via Guillotine, Convington has been nothing but dominant, he hasn't even lost a round. The only advantages on paper for Maia are BJJ, experience and the fight being in Brazil, everything else is in Covington's favour.

Maia isn't going to be taking Covington down either, he's just going to gas himself out trying and there is no way Maia can match Covington's pace and cardio. Covington is a decade younger and he's hitting his prime, Maia is on his way out, he had his title shot, he lost and now a future contender is going to make a name of him.

Time and time again we've seen post title fight letdowns, where the loser of the title fight does not rebound well in their next fight. Getting to that title shot and then failing is a discouraging thing, how much motivation does Maia have left in him, he turns 40 next month.

Not only do I think Covington wins, I think he wins easy, I don't expect Convington to take Maia down but I do expect him to out strike him. Maia has improved his striking over the years but it's mediocre at best and he's slow as hell, Covington has been getting better in his striking and it's gonna show here.

Covington out there going 30-25 over Kim, no one does that. Maia fought like a coward vs Masvidal, got whooped by Woodley and now he's gonna get whooped by Covington

Fun card. Havn't payed much attention for a couple of months due to real life being annoying but I was really off guessing the openers.

When did Font get enough hype to be favored over Munhoz? I know he looked less then amazing last time, but it's still Pedro Motherfuckin' Munhoz. In Brazil non the less.

I know Font is good and everything but still. Guess I gotta watch some tape.

I'm liking all dogs here besides Vera.

Woodly couldn't knock Maia out so I can't see Covington doing it. His real advantage is youth and confidence, which may be enough.

Man I don't see it. Font Impressed the shit out if me against Andrade, but Munhoz isn't as hittable as he is and has a few more tools.. and he has the grappling edge..

You need to rewatch Munhoz, Ez. He's as hittable as hell he ploughs forward every fight and eats a ridiculous amount of shots. He's also a lot slower than Font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back