Status
Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-119-Brunson-vs-Machida-61997

cQjm_0LPQveJCq15xYViow.png

i actually think this is a sneaky-good card. got some leans and just looks fun in general.

don't get lineker-vera matchup, tho.

i actually didn't even realize maia-covington was booked and i forgot they announced machida-brunson, heh

Actually some great fights on this one. I'm sure Brunson gets the KO early.

Any odds released on this yet? Looking to see if Machida is dog here.....I imagine he wont be, but he's my play.

Does anybody think Machida has much of a chance here? I'm not Brunson's biggest fan, but he just was robbed vs Silva and Machida is likely an even weaker + more washed up opponent coming off 1.5 year PED suspension at age 39. Gotta think Brunson dominates fairly often and gets dominated rarely.

Please stop discussing fights before the lines are out... This has been debated ad nauseum, and I always say the same thing: MMA is a super tiny market (try to find people discussing MMA betting online... there ain't much, and this site is definitely the #1 source), and it is known that Kalikas (the guy who sets the openers) reads this forum to gauge public opinion.

Please stop discussing fights before the lines are out... This has been debated ad nauseum, and I always say the same thing: MMA is a super tiny market (try to find people discussing MMA betting online... there ain't much, and this site is definitely the #1 source), and it is known that Kalikas (the guy who sets the openers) reads this forum to gauge public opinion.

Cool, didn't know that. Deleted my post.

lol @ Machida as a dog

I think Brunson is lol in certain ways but man I would not touch Machida in this fight. You really think he can match up with that physical specimen at age 39 after 18 month PED suspension? Gotta worry that he is a shell, and even before the suspension this would have been a close fight.

I think Brunson is lol in certain ways but man I would not touch Machida in this fight. You really think he can match up with that physical specimen at age 39 after 18 month PED suspension? Gotta worry that he is a shell, and even before the suspension this would have been a close fight.
Worried about the layoff and age but still easily worth 1u if not more at + odds. Straight forward aggression like Brunson's is Machida's game. And if Brunson decides to fight passive like he did vs Anderson, hes just technically not as good of a striker and will still lose.

Worried about the layoff and age but still easily worth 1u if not more at + odds. Straight forward aggression like Brunson's is Machida's game. And if Brunson decides to fight passive like he did vs Anderson, hes just technically not as good of a striker and will still lose.

I'm right there with you on hating Brunson's aimless agression. Whittaker really exposed the flaws in his approach.

But Whittaker is a GOATish fighter who is already better than peak Machida. I see Machida as Silva level or worse at this stage, and may be unable to hang physically

If this was prime Machida I'd be thrilled to bet him. But at his age, the fight may end up resembling Melendez vs Stephens

I think Machida gets smashed. He doesn't have enough power at middle weight to exploit Brunsons defensive flaws.

Niko Price is as tough as his ugly.
Was 2 times big on him and won.
Will be big again on him but i hope he won't that big of a favorite.

Lineker will win but Dillashaw broke his jaw, will it effect his ability to take punishment?
But he still kept fighting even though dillashaw broke his jaw

Lineker will win but Dillashaw broke his jaw, will it effect his ability to take punishment?
But he still kept fighting even though dillashaw broke his jaw
Even if it does Chito has zero power outside of his left roundhouse kick

I honestly think Vera might upset Lineker and win a dec.

Was really hoping we'd get these lines mid event yesterday... I really hope I don't miss these openers... Have such a lean..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back