UFN 119 - Machida vs Brunson - Sao Paulo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This card is so weird. Fig and Gordon seem like they could be really good but I have such little footage on them I'm not confident.

The only thing that can be known for certain is that Massaranduba will dominate Jim Miller. And that "The Monkey God" is my officially my least favorite MMA fighter. May bet Fig for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Sell me on this one. I was tore on that fight.

Think brooks Is overrated. He's got no real weapons. Figueiredo can hurt him and has skills everywhere. He's the only one with legit chance for finish imo.And brazilian. And +money.

Think brooks Is overrated. He's got no real weapons. Figueiredo can hurt him and has skills everywhere. He's the only one with legit chance for finish imo.And brazilian. And +money.

Man. I'm with ya. I'm just worried Fig will be ok attacking on his back

This is too many fights for Maia in a short time period. Horrible late career management. I would normally favor him against a grappler, especially in Brazil, but Covington is going to be a tough test for Maia, just too young and athletic. If Maia doesn't jump on his back and stay there rather than get shook off I think he is going to be in trouble.

This is too many fights for Maia in a short time period. Horrible late career management. I would normally favor him against a grappler, especially in Brazil, but Covington is going to be a tough test for Maia, just too young and athletic. If Maia doesn't jump on his back and stay there rather than get shook off I think he is going to be in trouble.

Maia +150 was a good spot. Right now I'm passing

I agree. This is the weirdest fucking line. Brooks seems pretty worthless outside of his ability to go for takedowns and control the fight on the ground.

Fig OTOH seems nice. Long, athletic, powerful, has both KO power and is BJJ black belt. The only question mark is how is his wrestling.

Part of me wants to jam on Fig, another part is terrified that he has weak takedown D and Brooks is going to turn this into a wrestling affair and control it on the ground.
Yeah weird line for sure, especially with the fight being in Brazil. I haven't seen anyone take Fig down, usually he's the one going for takedowns. Although he's never fought a wrestler like Brooks.

Fig was briefly on bottom vs Beltran after a failed guillotine attempt and he seemed content to play guard and look for arm bars, that is concerning. Fig probably has the best BJJ out of anyone Brooks has faced though.

I'm still going to play Fig, he has too many advantages on paper to be +150

Yeah weird line for sure, especially with the fight being in Brazil. I haven't seen anyone take Fig down, usually he's the one going for takedowns. Although he's never fought a wrestler like Brooks.

Fig was briefly on bottom vs Beltran after a failed guillotine attempt and he seemed content to play guard and look for arm bars, that is concerning. Fig probably has the best BJJ out of anyone Brooks has faced though.

I'm still going to play Fig, he has too many advantages on paper to be +150

Denis Tres Dedos catches a couple of kicks against Fig here. Also scores a couple of late round 1 knockdowns

But DTD is 14-1 and legit good, and Fig's backhand KO of him in round 2 is gangsta. It's a good performance overall by Fig,

Fig wrecked Beltran so I'm not drawing too many negative conclusions from that fight. He's erratic in certain ways, but in terms of talent he looks the part. You're right that he has too many advantages: 6" reach, BJJ black belt, KO power, better athleticism. Brooks should be fighting 115 and is super one dimensional.

Also Shelton has pillowfists and rocked Brooks. If he takes a punch like that from Fig (he probably will) it could be lights out.

It's pretty mindblowing that Brooks is the fave. Who the fuck actually thinks The Monkey God is going to run through a dude who is superior both physically and technically?

Denis Tres Dedos catches a couple of kicks against Fig here. Also scores a couple of late round 1 knockdowns

But DTD is 14-1 and legit good, and Fig's backhand KO of him in round 2 is gangsta. It's a good performance overall by Fig,

Fig wrecked Beltran so I'm not drawing too many negative conclusions from that fight. He's erratic in certain ways, but in terms of talent he looks the part. You're right that he has too many advantages: 6" reach, BJJ black belt, KO power, better athleticism. Brooks should be fighting 115 and is super one dimensional.

Also Shelton has pillowfists and rocked Brooks. If he takes a punch like that from Fig (he probably will) it could be lights out.

It's pretty mindblowing that Brooks is the fave. Who the fuck actually thinks The Monkey God is going to run through a dude who is superior both physically and technically?

He did look noticeably slower and sloppier in the second. But that first was a crazy pace

Oh yeah I forgot he got dumped a few times in this fight, Dedos just never followed him to the ground. Dedos is a solid win too, 14-1 and the only loss coming from Fig. Crazy fight, Fig's defence isn't all that good, he's willing to take shots but offensively he's a monster, you won't find many flyweights that hit like Fig.

Shelton arguably beat Brooks, it really comes down to how you score the 2nd round. It seemed like Shelton had figured him out by the 3rd round but Brooks kept moving laterally (running) and would not engage. Shelton looked like the sharper striker in that fight but he lacked aggression and it costed him.

Fig doesn't lack aggression, he will take chances and he will try to finish the fight, 11/12 of his wins are finishes.

Oh yeah I forgot he got dumped a few times in this fight, Dedos just never followed him to the ground. Dedos is a solid win too, 14-1 and the only loss coming from Fig. Crazy fight, Fig's defence isn't all that good, he's willing to take shots but offensively he's a monster, you won't find many flyweights that hit like Fig.

Shelton arguably beat Brooks, it really comes down to how you score the 2nd round. It seemed like Shelton had figured him out by the 3rd round but Brooks kept moving laterally (running) and would not engage. Shelton looked like the sharper striker in that fight but he lacked aggression and it costed him.

Fig doesn't lack aggression, he will take chances and he will try to finish the fight, 11/12 of his wins are finishes.

I give Shelton round 2...he controlled center and landed slightly more and Brooks just had a weak guillotine. All of his choke attempts were pretty weak.

And don't new rules de-value Brooks' round 1 where he mostly took down Shelton, controlled position, and did zero damage?

On Maia/Covington, it has to be taken into account that this will be Maias third weightcut in about 5 months. He's already a big welterweight and closing in on 40, he also was hesitant in taking the Woodley fight because he only had 9-10 weeks in between that and his fight against Masvidal. Now he's taking on Covington in a similiar timeframe, and he went 5 hard rounds against Woodley

Last edited:
Gonna have to go with fig, I had brooks in a parlay on his debut and couldn’t believe the hype behind him after watching the fight. No ability to end the fight at all, just wants to control his opponent for three rounds and I can’t rely on that shit.

Buying of my jared brooks bet, luckily he is on one parlay.
He is OVERRATED
I watched his fight with Shelton and.. Im not impressed by his performance
- he gassed after r1 (wtf he is a flyweight)
-After R1 he wasnt active
-His standup is very basic
-He did nutin in r3
-in my opinion he lost his fight against Shelton
Fig is far more impressive
-He is bigger
-Far better stand up
-Creative ground game
-fuckin good value for 140+

I'm toying around the idea of betting Price, but aren't people worried that if suckass Morono can rock Price a couple of times in round 1 that Luque can too?

And even if Luque doesn't get the round 1 KO, he could score a 10-8 or 10-7 round at home.

I also believe Edwards is a tougher opponent than Price, and Luque all things considered wasn't that bad that fight. Still super young, still improving. This fight really could go either way, I'm not sure who should be favored.

10-7s are virtually unheard of in MMA without a point deduction. Agree though, it's a close matchup. I think there's a good chance that Luque controls the action early and Price takes over late. If so, round 2 may be the decider.

I'm on Fig too, but I wasn't quite as unimpressed as all of you in Brooks. It's not like he was expected to run through Shelton as Shelton is a tough fight. I was on Shelton and wasn't feeling good going into the decision.

Guys I need advice on this big parlay. Im pretty confident but I want to know Your opinion.
And please... only opinion on fighters, dont write shit like,,oh you should play singles and so on" ;)
Marcelo Golm
Jared Gordon
Niko Price
Colby Covington
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Thiago Santos
ako 26.88
500$ to win 10644$

Guys I need advice on this big parlay. Im pretty confident but I want to know Your opinion.
And please... only opinion on fighters, dont write shit like,,oh you should play singles and so on" ;)
Marcelo Golm
Jared Gordon
Niko Price
Colby Covington
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Thiago Santos
ako 26.88
500$ to win 10644$

Good luck but it's a six man parlay so it's highly likely it busts hence why it's +2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back