DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
#UFCVegas78

UFC Vegas 78: Vicente Luque vs. Rafael dos Anjos, August 12

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/101163-ufc-fight-night
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/73849

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...the-silent-assassin-luque-vs-rafael-dos-anjos

ZnVVLSq.jpg

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...t-night-juliana-killer-miller-vs-luana-santos

Last edited:
I know Cub is old and has a lot of miles on him but Hakeem isn't a guy that puts stamps on his fights. They're usually close or tepid fights plus Cub will have the grappling edge. This fight isn't at 135 either. Line seems a little wide to have Cub at +200. Hakeem just doesn't separate himself in his fights.

Also AJ Dobson at +110? Thoughts?

I know Cub is old and has a lot of miles on him but Hakeem isn't a guy that puts stamps on his fights. They're usually close or tepid fights plus Cub will have the grappling edge. This fight isn't at 135 either. Line seems a little wide to have Cub at +200. Hakeem just doesn't separate himself in his fights.

Also AJ Dobson at +110? Thoughts?
I have to tape a bit more Tafon but I like AJ at this spot.He's got faster hands,could see him sparking Tafon

I’m taking dos Anjos. I feel like he’ll have success with his wrestling.

Luque is a hard hitter with good chokes and bad takedown defense ….

he’s really not much worse then fiziev …. And fiziev took over late agajnst rda

it’s either rda can wrestle him for 5 - or rda gasses out late and the bigger Luque lands a game changer

rda the more skilled and accomplished fighter - but he’s a smaller 38 Vs a naturally bigger 31 …..

Not a great main event - but it’s interesting and tough to call none the less

like them both but rda career is so underrated - I hope he can get it done

lot of fades fighting fades this week

fremd, mcghee, and buday should all roll, probably hakeem too but it’ll prob go the distance unless cub is finally shot

also think rountree is this weeks lock who ends up shitting the bed, think the under is a way better play (without seeing any odds for it yet)

Luque was just suspended 1 year for a brain hemorrhage. I wouldn't be rushing to bet on him

We see knockouts every single week and guys return 3-6 months later. The fact a commission banned him 1 year and needed a litany of tests to come back says it was more serious than usual. He may well be fine now but has to be considered surely?

Luque was just suspended 1 year for a brain hemorrhage. I wouldn't be rushing to bet on him

We see knockouts every single week and guys return 3-6 months later. The fact a commission banned him 1 year and needed a litany of tests to come back says it was more serious than usual. He may well be fine now but has to be considered surely?
Yeah, pretty worried about Luque here and not even from a betting perspective. The brain hemorrhage thing just gives a horrible feeling to the fight, like Vicente should be looking into retirement instead of getting a main event spot.

Only saving grace is that RDA might use his grappling instead.

Shit I thought Rountree was fighting the smaller Daukas brother. I had no idea he was going up to heavyweight to fight the bigger brother. He still has a chance but not as good as he would've against Kyle.

I was looking at Buday to win as everyone else, but didn't really like the odds... although i think he wins.
Then I saw that the -3.5 pts line was +125. I think this is great value. I can totally see Buday winning all three rounds. Parisian does have pretty good volume at times but I think Buday is just going to land the harder shots, have the stronger clinch game and potentially even get the fight to the ground.
At +125 I think this is vastly superior to the Moneyline which currently sits around -200.

Surely the referee will have him on a short leash to take damage as well. Something to consider.

I was looking at Buday to win as everyone else, but didn't really like the odds... although i think he wins.
Then I saw that the -3.5 pts line was +125. I think this is great value. I can totally see Buday winning all three rounds. Parisian does have pretty good volume at times but I think Buday is just going to land the harder shots, have the stronger clinch game and potentially even get the fight to the ground.
At +125 I think this is vastly superior to the Moneyline which currently sits around -200.
I took Buday & O 1,5 at 2.10,considering he's not a fast finisher I think it's good

Anjos - decision

Dawodu - decision
Rountree - knockout
Dobson - decision
Fremd - submission

McGee - knockout
McKinney - knockout
Buday - decision

Back