UFC Targeting Justin Gaethje vs. Anthony Pettis Early 2019

Who Wins?

• Justin Gaethje

• Anthony Pettis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Youre really comparing Gaethjes striking to Barbozas?

Nah, Boza one of my fav LWs wouldnt discredit him like that. Just pointing out Pettis had very weak leg kick defense.

Gaethje will chop legs to land bombs, Boza doesnt load his punches. That is all.

Pettis fights way smarter while Gaethje fights as braindead as he looks.

Pettis is tough as fuck I don't know what people are talking about. the first thing I think of when I see the name "Anthony Pettis" is him bleeding taking a beating and still throwing KO kicks (and posibly slapping a sub out of nowhere).

Having said that, this is a bad matchup for him. Gaethje will fuck him up.
I think it's because he quit his last fight between rounds for a hand that ended up not being broken.

Seems like a bad match up for Pettis, he doesn't do well when pressured and Gaethje is more durable and has better cardio.

This, but, man, I still like Pettis a bunch. I used to not like him when he was whining after he lost to Guida about getting a TS, but, since that fight vs Bendo I think I’ve been a huge fan. Submitting him then Gil is maybe the craziest back to back victories ever in MMA at the highest levels. Aside from maybe Soko KO’ing lil Nog and Arona into the following week when he fought them.

Not gonna root against either guy here, just hoping for a good fight either way. I don’t see Pettis ever becoming champ again, Justin has his work cut out for him if he wants to be one in the UFC, but both of these fuckers can still put on some exciting ass fights.

Stunned by results so far ( as far as Justin getting the nod of every 5/6 so far).Im with minority here.

Pettis has an excellent standup game, but I truly think it's his submission game that poses the greater danger for a lot of fighters these days. Don't see Gaethje shooting on him in this one, but if he does off of a nasty body kick or something, I can see Pettis choking him out.

Gaethje will get utterly destroyed, but will still somehow get the finish. Hopefully though he gets subbed by Tony Perez.

Good god is Pettis trying for the toughest schedule in all of mma?

Poirier
Ferguson
Alvarez
RDA
Melendez
Bendo X2
Cowboy
Barboza
Holloway

This is literally the whose who of LW of this generation outside of Khabib and Max fucking Holloway. Now they're gonna do Gaethje? Hats off to Pettis for taking these fights. He might not be the best but he's definitely fighting the best and not looking for gimmes.

It’ll be a good scrap for a bit I reckon, but I think Gaethje breaks him eventually.

Good god is Pettis trying for the toughest schedule in all of mma?

Poirier
Ferguson
Alvarez
RDA
Melendez
Bendo X2
Cowboy
Barboza
Holloway

This is literally the whose who of LW of this generation outside of Khabib and Max fucking Holloway. Now they're gonna do Gaethje? Hats off to Pettis for taking these fights. He might not be the best but he's definitely fighting the best and not looking for gimmes.
Damn, he’s definitely been in the deep end.

Pettis won't be able to handle that sort of pressure. He cracks late second / early third round.

Yeah- really rough matchup for Pettis on paper. It's like the Ferg fight in a lot of ways, though I think Ferg is overall more talented than Gaethje. But look at it like this- Pettis has to put him away. That's his only way of winning. If the fight goes deep, Gaethje absolutely wears him down, outworks him, and quite likely gets him out of there.

We saw with Ferg vs Pettis- that pressure is just so tough to deal with and Gaethje has that mentality as well. He will attack, attack, attack and Pettis is a potent finisher, but when facing a durable guy like Gaethje, he may find ending that fight a tough prospect. I could definitely see Pettis landing a vicious kick of punch but then Gaethje enduring and absolutely pouring it on him much like Ferg did.

Damn.. this look like a good fight for Justin. Dude is going to pressure the fuck out of Pettis.

Gaethje wins via pressure. Pettis just can't deal with pressure fighters.

If its 3 rounds I'll go with Pettis.

But if its 5 rounds Gaethje will find the finish

Gaethge dont have the chin for Pettis!

Back