UFC Targeting Justin Gaethje vs. Anthony Pettis Early 2019

Who Wins?

• Justin Gaethje

• Anthony Pettis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gaethje should dominate him, Pettis has a lot of wilt and quit inside him I think

This will surprisingly be a good fight IMO. Pettis is game for Round 1. Thing is Gaethje has just as bad cardio... will be interesting. I'd go with Gaethje but Pettis is dangerous Round 1.

Could go either way.

Either Gaethje applies the pressure and breaks Pettis

Or

Pettis uses his smarts and technically dismantles an overzealous Gaethje.

FOTN honors written all over this bout.

My prediction, Gaethje via TKO 2nd round.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen the super accurate/technical Pettis since he fought Cerrone and Bendo in their rematch. He has a puncher's (more like kicker's) chance, but I'm afraid Gaethje's pressure will make him wilt. I haven't seen him pick anyone apart in a long time. Finding Gaethje's chin (which is declining every fight) or a submission in a scramble are his only hopes.

I really love the LW division right now. There are so many great match ups. This is one of them.

Pettis loses by 'broken hand excuse'. I'll put money on that

I think there's much better matches out there for Gaethje, and I have no idea how pettis keeps getting top ranked guys despite losing more than winning.

Gaethje has the chin and pressure to make it a bad night for Pettis

Somehow pettis keeps getting top ranked guys despite only winning 3 of his last 9 fights.

And 2 of those wins were by submission. The other win was Jim Miller, who's even more past his prime than Pettis. I loved the "precision karate" Pettis of old, but he hasn't KO'd anyone in 5 years. It looks like they're giving Gaethje a very favorable match-up. It would be funny if Pettis can surprise everyone and make their plan backfire...but I doubt it.

Fun fight but I don't see Pettis getting past Gaethje's pressure. Picking Gaethje by TKO in the third.

I'd rather see Pettis/Conor and Cowboy/Justin.

Winners battle each other.

I voted Gaethje, but Pettis is capable of pulling off a big win.

Yeah I mean you could be right but Gaethje leaves himself open all the time. He could easily gets blasted by a brutal body kick or something and be reeling all over the octagon.
True, that’s why I like this matchup. I’m not denying Pettis can’t win. I’m just pointing out what I think is the most likely scenario. We’ve seen Geathje get finished by strikers who aren’t as polished as Pettis but we’ve also seen the blueprint to beating Pettis is to pour on the pressure and force him to fight off his back foot which is exactly how Gaethje fights everybody. Gaethje will be the slight favorite in the books and rightfully so.
If I were a betting man I’d place a small bet on Pettis for a possible upset, I wouldn’t count on it though.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean you could be right but Gaethje leaves himself open all the time. He could easily gets blasted by a brutal body kick or something and be reeling all over the octagon.

That high gaurd of Gaethje could really ruin his chances. Eddie was feeding body shots to Justin all night.

I would like to suggest the poll option of "everyone".

Pettis is tough as fuck I don't know what people are talking about. the first thing I think of when I see the name "Anthony Pettis" is him bleeding taking a beating and still throwing KO kicks (and posibly slapping a sub out of nowhere).

Having said that, this is a bad matchup for him. Gaethje will fuck him up.

Back