UFC Targeting Justin Gaethje vs. Anthony Pettis Early 2019

Who Wins?

• Justin Gaethje

• Anthony Pettis

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm surprised that I'm the first Pettis vote. I don't see Gaethje as a really tough wrestler who will bully Pettis, and I see Pettis outclassing him on the feet. Maybe I'm wrong, just my gut.

I'm surprised that I'm the first Pettis vote. I don't see Gaethje as a really tough wrestler who will bully Pettis, and I see Pettis outclassing him on the feet. Maybe I'm wrong, just my gut.

I'm a Pettis fan but he really does not deal well with people pressuring him and he doesn't like to constantly fight in the pocket, he likes more space to work with and Gaethje will not give him space and his cardio and pace are much better than Pettis'. He could still pull something off and finish Gaethje with a shot he doesn't see coming or catch him in a submission in a scramble but I see Gaethje winning this way more often than not.

Gayje by making Pettis quit.

Love that fight. Think Gaethje should get a higher contender but honestly it doesn't really matter. That's a former champ who's got some name value and the fight will prop the winner of this fight regardless. It's going to be nuts.

Pettis will falsify another injury after a round of two

Good fight but ’m thinking this is a bad matchup for Pettis. Gaethje walks him down with non-stop offense. Pettis won’t have time to setup his kicks and will constantly be in range. Gaethje also has the better stamina. Going with Gaethje on this one.

Yeah I mean you could be right but Gaethje leaves himself open all the time. He could easily gets blasted by a brutal body kick or something and be reeling all over the octagon.

It seems the ufc are just gonna use Pettis to build up guys they wanna build up. That said Pettis was end this if he lands the right shot

Come on Pettis, don't lose that one, please.

Could go either way.

Either Gaethje applies the pressure and breaks Pettis

Or

Pettis uses his smarts and technically dismantles an overzealous Gaethje.

FOTN honors written all over this bout.

My prediction, Gaethje via TKO 2nd round.

Pettis needs space to work but he might catch Justin walking in but I doubt it.

Didnt Barboza just chew up Pettis’s legs?

Justins gonna find a way to stop him

At this point I think we can see a thread with "Gaethje vs xxx" titlr and say yeahhh!! No matter who is the other guy

they want to kill pettis. but both losing would be great

I'm in. I think Pettis's striking is more crisp but Gaethje is obviously fearless.

I thought it was gonna be cowboy vs Gaetche..
Great fight regardless

Last edited:
Back