UFC Performance Institute Shanghai to open in 2019, will foster development of Asian MMA talent

Yes its an artist impression. Those things are usually done before construction starts and they look better than the final building

That's why I'm surprised it looks so lame.
And it definitely looks like a retrofitted factory.
I mean.. it's a training center, not a museum or a artistic exposition, it's meant to be useful & practical, not aesthetically great :p

Timing seems too suspect to believe that man, these guys have their MMA debuts and a few weeks after these huge news regarding Chinese MMA are reported? IMO they are interested and asked for a MMA fight to test themselves after hearing the rumors.. you could be right and i'm just going by wishful thinking though.
I don't follow MMA that much, you mean just this UFC thing or has there been something more?

GoH has their own real-estate partner and are opening a couple big centers themselves, ~they also run what's historically clearly been the best gym in the country. Doubt there is anything much MMA or UFC related here.

I don't follow MMA that much, you mean just this UFC thing or has there been something more?

GoH has their own real-estate partner and are opening a couple big centers themselves, ~they also run what's historically clearly been the best gym in the country. Doubt there is anything much MMA or UFC related here.
Just this UFC thing + UFC showing more and more interest in the Chinese market.

I think it may very well have been just a coincidence, sure, but i wouldn't be surprised if these guys decide to jump permanently to MMA with UFC in mind. The payment difference on the top must be significant enough to incentive these guys.

Back