UFC Performance Institute Shanghai to open in 2019, will foster development of Asian MMA talent

I’ve been living in Shanghai the past 13 years, I’ll make sure to be at the opening next year and get some pics for sherdog. Hope Karate hottie will be there
Oh that's just racist brah. She is not even Chinese

But I hope she will so you can take some nice photos ffor us sherbrahs

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/ufc-p...9-will-foster-development-of-asian-mma-talent

LAS VEGAS – China will host the UFC’s second Performance Institute, and construction is already underway for the massive 93,000-square foot facility.

UFC officials told MMAjunkie the new Shanghai training center is approximately three times larger than the original facility in Las Vegas and comes with a price tag of some $13 million, as well as an annual multi-million dollar operating budget.

“It’s an exciting day for the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute in that we are expanding our resources globally,” UFC VP of Operations for UFC Performance Institute James Kimball told MMAjunkie. “Part of our ambition from day one with the UFC Performance Institute was to expand upon our resources and build a network of facilities globally, the first of which will be located in Shanghai, China.

“We’re looking to open the facility in Q2 2019. Construction for the facility is currently underway.”
Issue is doesn't the Chinese government have propaganda over traditional arts

Must be a YT glitch
i just tried too
I'm very excited with these news, recently two of the best kickboxers of the world, #1 FW Qiu Jianliang and #3 BW Wei Rui, made their MMA debuts. They both lost, being submitted, but to hear that they're interested in MMA is very interesting, because standing they can wreck 95%+ of MMA fighters with ease, specially Qiu, who is phenomenal and very unorthodox. Give them proper high lv training on the ground (will take a few years of course) and hell, you get 2 top strikers. They're both great athletes under 30 so there's still time to work with them.

Qiu
tumblr_p2o1c56HEY1u2ragso1_500.gif

07495741c46f42e28d743c950d74291c.gif

tumblr_pctmia0X7e1u2ragso1_500.gif

Rui
ff8953b2c2384418a41ffa333826b0aa.gif

20170927154701_2aaf035a8dbdc9dc69cf0dc9931b1d79_2.gif

916460ffedcc471996ac39e4dde76a16.gif

F6C2D79EC786F38BF28B94D2FC8D2C7E1012561C_size1576_w400_h222.gif

Last edited:
Oh that's just racist brah. She is not even Chinese

But I hope she will so you can take some nice photos ffor us sherbrahs
That’s the idea haha, who knows maybe she might even be in the mood to choke me

I think this is a great move by UFC.

First step, attract talent from other martial arts disciplines like kung fu, boxing and wrestling.
Second step, nurture that talent.
Third step, organize ultimate fighter like events to burst on the media scene.

Indian and the Muslim world should feature next on the UFC’s schedule. India has a rich tradition in wrestling and boxing. Muslim countries like Iran have excellent wrestling programs.

As an Indian myself, maybe Dana White is not talking nonsense when he says he wants to conquer the world. Most Indians have zero interest in most U.S sports except perhaps the NBA.

Fighting however needs no background, interest in the UFC can swell up in an instant, in Asian countries provided the right conditions are there.

WME getting ready to sell UFC to Chinese?

UFC is dying; the Fertittas conned WME.

Now, WME is trying to con Chinese investors.

Saw this picture on Google. Appears to be taken back in July of 2016.

071116-UFC-Ari-Emanuel-Patrick-Whitesell.vadapt.664.high_.92.jpg

From left to right:

Ari Emanuel, WME CEO's / new UFC owner.
Jack Ma, Chinese business magnate with a networth around $38 billion, according to Google.
Patrick Whitesell, WME CEO's / new UFC owner.

I think this is a great move by UFC.

First step, attract talent from other martial arts disciplines like kung fu, boxing and wrestling.
Second step, nurture that talent.
Third step, organize ultimate fighter like events to burst on the media scene.

Indian and the Muslim world should feature next on the UFC’s schedule. India has a rich tradition in wrestling and boxing. Muslim countries like Iran have excellent wrestling programs.

As an Indian myself, maybe Dana White is not talking nonsense when he says he wants to conquer the world. Most Indians have zero interest in most U.S sports except perhaps the NBA.

Fighting however needs no background, interest in the UFC can swell up in an instant, in Asian countries provided the right conditions are there.

Great ideas about building up the base of martial art talents like the original UFC events, but we're in the age where the owners and investors are impatient and want quick returns for their investments, unlike the Fertittas, who spent decades to build up the UFC brand.

They are hiring rumble to teach advanced weight cutting 101

Lesson 1 is take your walk around weight, subtract 30% your ideal weight class is the one below that result

This is a nice way to foster talent.
Based on sheer numbers, there will eventually I am sure be some standouts coming through in the 135-155 divisions.

I still dont think China will ever be able to compete with Japanese MMA though.
Those guys have the 'warrior bushido' in their culture and soul.
But it will push up the asian mma scene and make this a more global sport, until china founds their own mma orgs.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/ufc-p...9-will-foster-development-of-asian-mma-talent

LAS VEGAS – China will host the UFC’s second Performance Institute, and construction is already underway for the massive 93,000-square foot facility.

UFC officials told MMAjunkie the new Shanghai training center is approximately three times larger than the original facility in Las Vegas and comes with a price tag of some $13 million, as well as an annual multi-million dollar operating budget.

“It’s an exciting day for the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute in that we are expanding our resources globally,” UFC VP of Operations for UFC Performance Institute James Kimball told MMAjunkie. “Part of our ambition from day one with the UFC Performance Institute was to expand upon our resources and build a network of facilities globally, the first of which will be located in Shanghai, China.

“We’re looking to open the facility in Q2 2019. Construction for the facility is currently underway.”

Interesting, I have a little more to share on this but want to research more before posting!;)

Back