UFC on ESPN 6 Reyes vs Weidman

Everyone with the animosity and being at one anothers throats! I think we need to all take a deep breath and maybe laugh it off. I got my ass burnt last night too. Been real cold lately, no good.

Damn dude, if you know cause you researched it then it sounds like im fucked, I clearly have not researched it.

Just kidding, I look forward to seeing you eating your own feces.

I have been eating nothing but my own shit since Friday night due to the embarrassment I felt over this read/bet. Terribly underrated Woodson's ability to fight on his back foot and the power he showed. That said, I still think he looked vastly improved from what was shown on tape, great performance from him, terrible bet by me. Thank god Stewart, Rosa, Allen, and Boser came through to still come out even-ish. Made a bit on PFL and Combate to save the weekend. Hope all did well, on to the next..

I have been eating nothing but my own shit since Friday night due to the embarrassment I felt over this read/bet. Terribly underrated Woodson's ability to fight on his back foot and the power he showed. That said, I still think he looked vastly improved from what was shown on tape, great performance from him, terrible bet by me. Thank god Stewart, Rosa, Allen, and Boser came through to still come out even-ish. Made a bit on PFL and Combate to save the weekend. Hope all did well, on to the next..

he did look much better than his tape, which I was pretty underwhelmed with when I capped him for dwcs.
That said his size and range is going to give guys in his division problems if they can’t take him down, which is what I bet on against kyle

Last edited:

Woodson was indeed vastly improved with his striking, movement, and defense, no question about that.

On the flipside, I think what he did show on the tape would still have been enough to give Bochniak a close, competitive fight, regardless. I didn't understand where this belief that Woodson had poor takedown defense came from; it wasn't great, but it was decent enough, and the only guy that exploited it to any extent, Terrence McKinney, is 10 times the wrestler Bochniak is, AND took advantage of The Fighting Skeleton being a late replacement who had to cut 24 pounds in 5 days and damn near died in the process.

I got suckered into a 1 unit bet when Bochniak hit evens because I had concerns about Woodson's cardio and didn't like how easy his kicks were to catch. Naturally, The Fighting Skeleton doesn't throw kicks at all and his cardio was better than ever.

Woodson was indeed vastly improved with his striking, movement, and defense, no question about that.

On the flipside, I think what he did show on the tape would still have been enough to give Bochniak a close, competitive fight, regardless. I didn't understand where this belief that Woodson had poor takedown defense came from; it wasn't great, but it was decent enough, and the only guy that exploited it to any extent, Terrence McKinney, is 10 times the wrestler Bochniak is, AND took advantage of The Fighting Skeleton being a late replacement who had to cut 24 pounds in 5 days and damn near died in the process.

I got suckered into a 1 unit bet when Bochniak hit evens because I had concerns about Woodson's cardio and didn't like how easy his kicks were to catch. Naturally, The Fighting Skeleton doesn't throw kicks at all and his cardio was better than ever.
Spot on, I think what happened most of all was people underrating Woodson and his tools a little bit, range, boxing, etc but more so people vastly overrating Bochniak's game, he isn't that good of a fighter and should be 0-6 in the UFC IMO.

I bet Bochniak not thinking he needed tds, but would have a lot more success backing him to the cage, landing the heavier shots, and racking up some control time grinding him on the cage. I did think he may hit some tds, but with his lack of top control was more of another way to score a few points on the judges cards rather then being a large part of his PTV. I was looking at tds as a bonus when it turned out they were a necissity.

Spot on, I think what happened most of all was people underrating Woodson and his tools a little bit, range, boxing, etc but more so people vastly overrating Bochniak's game, he isn't that good of a fighter and should be 0-6 in the UFC IMO.

He did beat Brandon Davis legitimately by repeatedly taking him down, but that's about it.

Back