UFC on ESPN 51 PBP/Discussion

People gonna bitch, but that was an ultra close fight outside round 2. Hakeem clearly won round 2. Round 1, he landed a bit more and yeah bloodied Cub's nose but Cub rocked him twice and had the bigger moments. Rd 3 was very close, Hakeem landed a bit more but again Cub landed big shots and hit the TD and had a little control time.

I don't think that's some sort of awful decision at all. Close fight that could have gone either way.

This is up there with rutten/randleman.

One fighter clearly got beat every round.

People gonna bitch, but that was an ultra close fight outside round 2. Hakeem clearly won round 2. Round 1, he landed a bit more and yeah bloodied Cub's nose but Cub rocked him twice and had the bigger moments. Rd 3 was very close, Hakeem landed a bit more but again Cub landed big shots and hit the TD and had a little control time.

I don't think that's some sort of awful decision at all. Close fight that could have gone either way.
Fair.

Not the worst robbery I've seen this year, but I think Hakeem won, and so does Cub Swanson. Swanson didn't even try to hide the fact he thought he lost.

Thought Hakeem clearly won the first two.

I bet Hakeem decision so a bit salty about that.
Yeah, sadly this has become a pattern with Hakeem. He doesn't do nearly enough to make himself a definitive "winner" of his rounds. It may sound silly, but he'd probably benefit from just going for broke more often.

This is up there with rutten/randleman.

One fighter clearly got beat every round.

He landed a whopping 7 more sig strikes, and Cub's often looked to get a bigger reaction. But yeah, okay. Huge robbery LOL.

It was competitive but Dawodu closed -1000.... It wasnt the worst decision ever but I thought Dawodu took the first 2 clearly. Round 1 closest for sure.

It was competitive but Dawodu closed -1000.... It wasnt the worst decision ever but I thought Dawodu took the first 2 clearly. Round 1 closest for sure.

Those were stupid AF live odds and I wish I'd have been looking TBH. Round 2 was clear for sure, anyone who argues otherwise is dumb. Round 1 was a coin toss, and round 3 very close. I swear, the announcers commentary influences live odds and then people hear them and think "Oh, he's very clearly winning" and just hammer those odds even higher.

Something I have taken advantage of before, should have here as well.

Total sig strikes were within like 10 for the whole fight and people acting like it was one way traffic. I didn't have a bet on it at all, no dog in the fight. Those going off about it? Likely people on Dawodu mostly who are salty about losing $.

1U Luque @ 2.0
0.5u Luque @ 5.5

Think if Luque loses its because RDA has success with the wrestling. I think on the feet Luque lands the better strikes but RDA is durable, and a lot of Luques wins are from snatching a sub when opponents are hurt but think he'll struggle to tap RDA.

Also, surprised Luque is only 31. Seems to have been around for ages, assumed he was mid 30s.

I like both these guys. RDA is getting older and will likely be at a size disadvantage.
Luque has accepted losses far too easily and his brain was bleeding last time around.
Leaning RDA, but gonna be cautious on it.

I get it. Youre a cub fan. Hakeem C L E A R L Y won 29-28 at absolute worst.

Fan? LOL I didn't care who won, and no $ on that one either. And had Hakeem gotten the decision I wouldn't care either. Was a super close fight and announcers and a bloody nose warped your thinking. I get it.

Back