UFC on ESPN 51 PBP/Discussion

Those were stupid AF live odds and I wish I'd have been looking TBH. Round 2 was clear for sure, anyone who argues otherwise is dumb. Round 1 was a coin toss, and round 3 very close. I swear, the announcers commentary influences live odds and then people hear them and think "Oh, he's very clearly winning" and just hammer those odds even higher.

Something I have taken advantage of before, should have here as well.

Total sig strikes were within like 10 for the whole fight and people acting like it was one way traffic. I didn't have a bet on it at all, no dog in the fight. Those going off about it? Likely people on Dawodu mostly who are salty about losing $.

Dawodu -250 was def a bad play. I thought about his KO line but didnt have anything either since hes a decision machine.

Fan? LOL I didn't care who won, and no $ on that one either. And had Hakeem gotten the decision I wouldn't care either. Was a super close fight and announcers and a bloody nose warped your thinking. I get it.
Sound was off where i was watching. Hakeem outstruck cub for 3 rounds. The only round that was close was round 3.

Hakeem also landed last in almost every exchange lmao.

Sound was off where i was watching. Hakeem outstruck cub for 3 rounds. The only round that was close was round 3.

Hakeem also landed last in almost every exchange lmao.

Round 1 Cub's shots clearly had more visual effect. Snapped his head back twice, once had him reeling for a second. Round 3 striking was close to even, Cub hit a TD and had some control too.

IDK, dumb to keep arguing but thinking that wasn't a super close fight is dumb imo.

Luque's size giving RDA issues. Can't get his wrestling going, could be in trouble...

Close round. Some of the boxing was really nice for RDA. I liked the body shot and the ground strikes that Luque had at the end.
Coinflip so far, and neither looks gassed.

Oof, these grappling heavy rounds are tough to score. I'd probably score that one for Luque.
1-1 or 2-0 Luque. Size+power is definitely proving an issue for RDA and he doesn't look like he's winning the grind/cardio war. He should stick to striking battle I think.

$150 Luque live -250

Little hedge cover if he doesnt finish this....

Round 1 Cub's shots clearly had more visual effect. Snapped his head back twice, once had him reeling for a second. Round 3 striking was close to even, Cub hit a TD and had some control too.

IDK, dumb to keep arguing but thinking that wasn't a super close fight is dumb imo.
Youre arguing the point that cubs bloody nose shouldnt have had any effect on judging, while pointing out "visual effect" of cubs punches, despite clearly being outstruck.

Youre wrong about the outcome. Please stop.

Thought Hakeem clearly won the first two.

I bet Hakeem decision so a bit salty about that.
If the winner even thinks he lost, there was some robbery going on. How often have we've seen the winner say he thought he lost when majority fans think the other guy should have won? Almost never.

Fuck the judges

Another round for Luque.
2-1 Luque. Possibly 3-0
RDA had some good success with the standing strikes, but he didn't land enough to make it a factor over the quantity that Luque landed.

Youre arguing the point that cubs bloody nose shouldnt have had any effect on judging, while pointing out "visual effect" of cubs punches, despite clearly being outstruck.

Youre wrong about the outcome. Please stop.

No, I'm arguing either both do, or neither does. And Cub's shots had more visual effect numerous times vs one punch that busted up his nose.

Fuck off, you're wrong. How about you stop, sport?

Going heavy with a livebet on Luque, so by that logic, RDA will have an epic comeback starting NOW! haha

If the winner even thinks he lost, there was some robbery going on. How often have we've seen the winner say he thought he lost when majority fans think the other guy should have won? Almost never.

Fuck the judges

Cub also said he's way harder on himself and his performances than anyone else ever would be. He's a super old vet nearing the end of his career who's in zero danger of being cut and isn't working toward a title shot. He can be way more glib in saying stuff like that than almost anyone else could.

Cub also said he's way harder on himself and his performances than anyone else ever would be. He's a super old vet nearing the end of his career who's in zero danger of being cut and isn't working toward a title shot. He can be way more glib in saying stuff like that than almost anyone else could.
Im not saying you're wrong. Can we get the damn stats though? Lol

Ill eat crow if it shows that cub did better

Rda has more success striking.. Why does he keep engaging the clinch only to be reversed... Multiple times

Another definite round for Luque. That's 3 in a row, possibly 4.
RDA needing something huge to pull this off.

Back