UFC on ESPN 51 PBP/Discussion

Im not saying you're wrong. Can we get the damn stats though? Lol

Ill eat crow if it shows that cub did better

No, Hakeem outlanded him by a maybe 6 per round or so? But Cub landed more head shots which generally count a bit more to the judges.

If rda wins this. You have to admit it's bad judging tonight. And buy me 2 cases of beer

1U Luque @ 2.0
0.5u Luque dec @ 5.5

Think if Luque loses its because RDA has success with the wrestling. I think on the feet Luque lands the better strikes but RDA is durable, and a lot of Luques wins are from snatching a sub when opponents are hurt but think he'll struggle to tap RDA.

Even Sal D'Amato being a judge can't ruin this surely.

RDA round 5, but at worst 3-2 Luque.

Luque got this all wrapped up.
Solid night for me overall.
I lost a bit on a Hakeem livebet, but that was offeset by the Rountree winnings.
I hope you all had a great night and made tons of cash!

i dunno wtf RDA's game plan here was, its like he got a clue in the last 30s
He didn't listen to his coach. He had so much success striking but his weird urge to shoot for a TD was like crack to a drug addict. He kept getting reversed on the cage and still kept doing it. Made no fucking sense at all.

He didn't listen to his coach. He had so much success striking but his weird urge to shoot for a TD was like crack to a drug addict. He kept getting reversed on the cage and still kept doing it. Made no fucking sense at all.
Did his corner tell him to make that adjustment?? I was cursing them for this reason thinking they were not telling him to change the gameplan

I think RDA is just generally old and the game has evolved a bit since his prime.

He had a solid run off the back of being a top grappler who developed his striking game. His striking has regressed a bit as he's aged and if he can't get his grappling game going hes not much of a threat. He's undersized at 170 but probably can't make the 155 cut anymore.

Not to say he's bad at this point but I don't think he's elite/top 15 anymore. He can still win at this point but not against elite guys.

No, I'm arguing either both do, or neither does. And Cub's shots had more visual effect numerous times vs one punch that busted up his nose.

Fuck off, you're wrong. How about you stop, sport?
I like and agree with 95% of your posts but I wholeheartedly disagree with the outcome.

I like and agree with 95% of your posts but I wholeheartedly disagree with the outcome.

Fair enough. I just hate the "just stop" thing but I still gotta chill.

Every now and then a fight is gonna be like this. Where some people think it's one way, others see it differently.

For the record had Hakeem won I'd sure as hell have had no issue with it.

Fair enough. I just hate the "just stop" thing but I still gotta chill.

Every now and then a fight is gonna be like this. Where some people think it's one way, others see it differently.

For the record had Hakeem won I'd sure as hell have had no issue with it.
I had even said the words out loud before the decision.

"Should be hakeem at least 2 rounds to 1. The only way he loses is if the judges turn in the wrong scorecards."

I had even said the words out loud before the decision.

"Should be hakeem at least 2 rounds to 1. The only way he loses is if the judges turn in the wrong scorecards."

I think round 1 was waaay closer than people realize. Round 2 was the only super clear round to me.

Hakeem could have won 30-27 across the board and I'd be fine with it. There's an argument he won all the rounds. But there's also an argument Cub got 1 and 3.

I think round 1 was waaay closer than people realize. Round 2 was the only super clear round to me.

Hakeem could have won 30-27 across the board and I'd be fine with it. There's an argument he won all the rounds. But there's also an argument Cub got 1 and 3.
For me, the only reason I could score it for cub if they ignored the efficiancy of all of hakeems leg kicks. He landed often and took cubs legs out early. Reminescent of the scoring for the rizzo/couture 1 fight.

For me, the only reason I could score it for cub if they ignored the efficiancy of all of hakeems leg kicks. He landed often and took cubs legs out early. Reminescent of the scoring for the rizzo/couture 1 fight.

He did land some decent ones, but nothing like Pedro on Randy. Judges always score head strikes above leg strikes unless the leg kicks are so damaging they've got the other guy limping. It's not that leg kicks don't factor, just not as much as punches to the face. Whether it SHOULD be that way? Different discussion.

Breaking News: Former Cop knocked out Four Times in a row by Black Males. Vows to rejoin police force and be as racist as possible going forward.

Back on topic anyone else notice after he got dropped the only shot that actually landed was the middle one to the back of the head? The first kill shot completely whiffed and the third one landed on Daukaus’ arms. Weird stoppage for perpetually scrambling Herb.

Back