UFC newcomer Alexander Hernandez addresses controversy surrounding his win

If they did not acknowledge a glove touch right before the fight started then this guy is probably getting demonized for no reason. His aggressive run across the cage was not indicative of a fighter looking to touch gloves IMO.

He shouldn't have intimated a handshake then

I actually like this guy. I found his fight highly entertaining. I didn't think much of the no glove touch situation. Some guys do, others don't. Nothing different than what Conor gets praised for.

I’ll be rooting for this guy his next fight.

Anyone who signifys a dap or handshake then throws a punch or kick, is a douchebag in my eyes

I agree completely. But I do not think that he was faking a glove touch. I think that his stance has been misinterpreted. He had both of his hands held high. I have seen that stance used plenty of times. As he said, he went from a 3 point stance and sprinted at Dariush. That is not someone looking to give a glove touch IMO. I do not give 1 fuck about this guy and have no motive to try to defend him.

Maybe I'm wrong. I just call it like I see it. It happened fast and I can see both sides of the argument but I really don't think that he had a deceptive intent. If he was trying to lure Dariush into a vulnerable state then a push kick to the chest is not exactly how you capitalize on it.

Now if they gave the pre fight head nod to signify that they would touch gloves then that is another story entirely. I did not notice at the time whether that happened or not.

I agree completely. But I do not think that he was faking a glove touch. I think that his stance has been misinterpreted. He had both of his hands held high. I have seen that stance used plenty of times. As he said, he went from a 3 point stance and sprinted at Dariush. That is not someone looking to give a glove touch IMO. I do not give 1 fuck about this guy and have no motive to try to defend him.

Maybe I'm wrong. I just call it like I see it. It happened fast and I can see both sides of the argument but I really don't think that he had a deceptive intent. If he was trying to lure Dariush into a vulnerable state then a push kick to the chest is not exactly how you capitalize on it.

Now if they gave the pre fight head nod to signify that they would touch gloves then that is another story entirely. I did not notice at the time whether that happened or not.

I hear you. It just looked like a shady move at worst, sent out mixed signals at best from what I saw

didn't see it live

but it really doesn't look like he was trying to fake glove tap from that angle? he has a high arm position, but he has both hands up and is just running at the dude.\

i haven't watched the fight nor do i know anything about this kid, but doesn't seem malicious to me.

Zero damage, should be a quick (6-12) turn around.

upholstery-video-loop.gif

If he's not 205lbs. or higher, I don't really care. We've already got too many little people.

There's some funny stuff in MMA. What is he talking about?

Give the young prospect a break. He was ready to Bang... Hopefully they continue to build him up and not throw him to the wolves...

I'm on board.
Exciting fight style and has already rustled many.

Wow what a tough guy, a real killer.

Hope he gets ko'ed stiff. He acts like a douchebag and rubs me the wrong way, same as michael johnson. He isn't even funny either, he's simply an ass. Guy is good tho, i'll give him that. Dariush is a solid fighter.

I'll admit I did laugh at the "he's coming in hot for the high five."

Fact remains that the dude has his arm up as though he's going to touch gloves even if the rest of his body language indicates he's moving to attack aggressively. It's okay for him to go with the whole, "this isn't show friends, it's show business" angle, but he shouldn't pretend that it's outside the realm of possibility for Dariush to be caught off guard or for fans to find that sketchy.

As you said, very talented dude though. I fully expected him, coming in short notice and what not, to lose to Dariush.

I don’t know why people are calling that cheap. Usually two fighters will nod towards each other if they’re gonna give a fist bump first. He made it pretty clear he was gonna come out swinging. If I’m in the cage and I see him coming at me like that, I don’t stick my hand out.

Also, someone said he put his hand up like he was going to do it, but that’s not what I saw. He has both hands high like he was in his stance, and immediately went back to it after the kick. He didn’t just raise one hand like he was going in for it. These guys are in a fist fight and some don’t like to act like friends before. It doesn’t mean he has no sportsmanship. That usually comes after the fight. That’s my two cents anyways.

Forgot why I didnt like him. that was uncool and his "reasoning", bah , pathetic

Back