UFC newcomer Alexander Hernandez addresses controversy surrounding his win

I don’t know why people are calling that cheap. Usually two fighters will nod towards each other if they’re gonna give a fist bump first. He made it pretty clear he was gonna come out swinging. If I’m in the cage and I see him coming at me like that, I don’t stick my hand out.

Also, someone said he put his hand up like he was going to do it, but that’s not what I saw. He has both hands high like he was in his stance, and immediately went back to it after the kick. He didn’t just raise one hand like he was going in for it. These guys are in a fist fight and some don’t like to act like friends before. It doesn’t mean he has no sportsmanship. That usually comes after the fight. That’s my two cents anyways.
Well said. he came off bad tho with his "explanation" and the unwarranted insults I would say

Lol this kid has NO foresight. Vicious exciting striker but no foresight. He doesn’t realize that he just greenlit himself to a point where no fighters will give a damn about those little sportsmanship nuances when fighting him.

I can’t wait to see him fight an opponent with the gives no fuck level of a Uriah Hall or a Fabricio Werdum who would open up fights by immediately flying across the octagon with spinning high kicks.

It’s like seeing a new kid come to prison who thinks he’s gonna run things his way before he gets humbled.

Again, exciting fighter though no doubt.

Well said. he came off bad tho with his "explanation" and the unwarranted insults I would say
That I can agree with. He just seems like an intense dude lol

Lol this kid has NO foresight. Vicious exciting striker but no foresight. He doesn’t realize that he just greenlit himself to a point where no fighters will give a damn about those little sportsmanship nuances when fighting him.

I can’t wait to see him fight an opponent with the gives no fuck level of a Uriah Hall or a Fabricio Werdum who would open up fights by immediately flying across the octagon with spinning high kicks.

It’s like seeing a new kid come to prison who thinks he’s gonna run things his way before he gets humbled.

Again, exciting fighter though no doubt.
That’s exactly what he wants tho. He strikes me as a guy that’s there to fight and leaves all of that stuff until after the fight. He wants to come right out and bang.

I don't buy that it was cheap honestly. You usually see guys agree to touch gloves before the bell if they're going to and he clearly didn't

And then like he said he charged across the cage when the bell rang. Didn't look to me like he ever intended on touching gloves for a second

If Dariush thought he was going to that sucks and is unfortunate but I don't think he faked him out at all. I think he was just trying to start fast and Dariush got the wrong idea

Haha.. it was clearly a trick give it a rest already.

PS: Don't even care if the other guy felt for it.. all is fair in love and war but don't try to bs me.

Kinda looks like he's going in for the glove touch. Hard to tell really, but it certainly looks like a dick move to me.

I don't buy that it was cheap honestly. You usually see guys agree to touch gloves before the bell if they're going to and he clearly didn't

And then like he said he charged across the cage when the bell rang. Didn't look to me like he ever intended on touching gloves for a second

If Dariush thought he was going to that sucks and is unfortunate but I don't think he faked him out at all. I think he was just trying to start fast and Dariush got the wrong idea
A guy is not gonna give you a high five before the fight unless you show him a reason to give him. The way he approached him made it really look like he wanted to touch gloves. But the fact that we are so divided on it after watching it over and over says anything. Why not say that was not my intention and sorry if it came off I wanted to do a cheap trick. Its also getting tiresome the new act some of these fighters have with insulting fans. The fans pay their wages

Back