UFC Nashville: Cory Sandhagen vs. Robert Font, August 5

Bjj expert is not grand master , this is just semantics where you place too much value on a word. He got subbed by Vetorri, Glover and Brandon Allen, and Ferreira who is a black belt and has subs on good fighters. These are elite grapplers, not cans.

Karl reversed 3x and beat Turman who is a blackbelt himself and a bjj expert. Karl has a bjj match coming up. He is also a black belt. What is the definition of an expert?

I think most people would say that we're talking about UFC matchups so the context would be as compares to his contemporaries in the UFC. We aren't comparing him to some other random group of people LOL. Having 4 of your 6 losses be via sub (when submission is the least common way to lose statistically speaking vs KO or decision) would automatically put you somewhere below "expert" as compared to other UFC fighters. Being subbed by very capable grapplers might be a solid argument as to why Roberson isn't awful on the ground, but it no way holds up as some sort of defense of calling the dude an "expert".

Like I said before, this is such a bizarre hill for you to die on. I don't get it.

I think most people would say that we're talking about UFC matchups so the context would be as compares to his contemporaries in the UFC. We aren't comparing him to some other random group of people LOL. Having 4 of your 6 losses be via sub (when submission is the least common way to lose statistically speaking vs KO or decision) would automatically put you somewhere below "expert" as compared to other UFC fighters. Being subbed by very capable grapplers might be a solid argument as to why Roberson isn't awful on the ground, but it no way holds up as some sort of defense of calling the dude an "expert".

Like I said before, this is such a bizarre hill for you to die on. I don't get it.

Im not scaling his skills to the top level fighters of the game because these are mid guys. I can refer to a regional fighter as an expert if i see fit he has subs in his arsenal; and im discussing him within his skill level. This isn't like im discussing Kennedy vs Jiri. The context matters. You magnified a phrase in order to win points, for some weird social validation on a forum.

My main thesis was that Kennedy is a better grappler than Jacoby and its relevant, way to focus and pin point a phrase and make the whole 3 pages about it.

Am I way off in thinking this should be a favorable matchup for Damon Jackson? Billy Q is solid, but he's a volume/cardio guy who is typically ok with being put on his back. Jackson typically struggles with physical fighters with power.

Card quality / paragraph length ratio is amazing tonight :)

Am I way off in thinking this should be a favorable matchup for Damon Jackson? Billy Q is solid, but he's a volume/cardio guy who is typically ok with being put on his back. Jackson typically struggles with physical fighters with power.
I don't have a bet on the fight, but I have Billy Quarantillo U96.5 fantasy score on PrizePicks. I don't think he'll finish Damon Jackson.

I also have Kyler Phillips U91.5 fantasy score for the same reason.

Just posting to eat crow haha, what a walk off sub by Lopez

Im not scaling his skills to the top level fighters of the game because these are mid guys. I can refer to a regional fighter as an expert if i see fit he has subs in his arsenal; and im discussing him within his skill level. This isn't like im discussing Kennedy vs Jiri. The context matters. You magnified a phrase in order to win points, for some weird social validation on a forum.

My main thesis was that Kennedy is a better grappler than Jacoby and its relevant, way to focus and pin point a phrase and make the whole 3 pages about it.

This is a reach, and a bad one. We'll move on. Grappling didn't come into play obviously.

This is a reach, and a bad one. We'll move on. Grappling didn't come into play obviously.
like i didn't state Kennedy was a flake and could get chinned. This will be another fight you could troll in the future and pretend i picked Kennedy to win like you say i picked agapova to win.

like i didn't state Kennedy was a flake and could get chinned. This will be another fight you could troll in the future and pretend i picked Kennedy to win like you say i picked agapova to win.

You gotta relax bud. I know you said Kennedy was a flake, and our entire argument was about how you sold his grappling and like I said, it didn't come into play. Your martyr complex is a bit much.

You use hyperbole, and when it's pointed out it's just "semantics". "Define expert" and ridiculous stuff like that.

Like I said, we gotta move on.

I don't have a bet on the fight, but I have Billy Quarantillo U96.5 fantasy score on PrizePicks. I don't think he'll finish Damon Jackson.

I also have Kyler Phillips U91.5 fantasy score for the same reason.

Billy's TDD was much better than I expected. I still think Jackson didn't look bad as an underdog. If he fixed his body language, that would have helped quite a bit as well.

You gotta relax bud. I know you said Kennedy was a flake, and our entire argument was about how you sold his grappling and like I said, it didn't come into play. Your martyr complex is a bit much.

You use hyperbole, and when it's pointed out it's just "semantics". "Define expert" and ridiculous stuff like that.

Like I said, we gotta move on.
i only have a problem with you not the forum. way to again explode everything and exaggerate. as for steve, he is a tout, everything he says has a motive. Ive kicked his ass plenty of times and was proven right the night after and now he has some grip with me and throws shade anytime he can.

You were also gas lighting me before i made the comment about Karl, saying i had a bad mindset, despite I'm one of the successful posters here who hits big tickets and makes over 50k annually. I dont mind friendly debate, but you were hitting below the belt and now trying to play it off like i was the erratic one.

i only have a problem with you not the forum. way to again explode everything and exaggerate. as for steve, he is a tout, everything he says has a motive. Ive kicked his ass plenty of times and was proven right the night after and now he has some grip with me and throws shade anytime he can.

You were also gas lighting me before i made the comment about Karl, saying i had a bad mindset, despite I'm one of the successful posters here who hits big tickets and makes over 50k annually. I dont mind friendly debate, but you were hitting below the belt and now trying to play it off like i was the erratic one.

WTF? You DID make the comment about Karl, it was literally the ONLY thing I took issue with in your entire fucking breakdown!! And when I pointed out that you used silly hyperbole (and even acknowledged we all do it here and there but just own it and say you exaggerated) you instead dug your heels in and tried to wriggle a way to justify saying it.

Hitting below the belt? Fuck sake dude, I don't even dislike you but you gotta get over yourself. I made one comment that you'd said something kinda silly and you're acting like I pissed in your cereal. Damn.

WTF? You DID make the comment about Karl, it was literally the ONLY thing I took issue with in your entire fucking breakdown!! And when I pointed out that you used silly hyperbole (and even acknowledged we all do it here and there but just own it and say you exaggerated) you instead dug your heels in and tried to wriggle a way to justify saying it.

Hitting below the belt? Fuck sake dude, I don't even dislike you but you gotta get over yourself. I made one comment that you'd said something kinda silly and you're acting like I pissed in your cereal. Damn.
???

But it was really just defensive wrestling in those fights (Ion and Clark). His entries are kinda sloppy, he doesn't have great technique.

Jacoby has shown solid TDD too. I think banking on Kennedy just wrestling Jacoby to a win is flawed thinking.

I have a gripe for 2 reasons with this comment. (pre bjj expert comment)

You implied i was betting on Kennedy, and was putting words in my mouth, when i made it clear he was a flake , and had no interest in the fight. And then you went on for 3 pages about Karl.

A decent response, 'Hey i don't agree with Karl being a bjj expert.' and move on. You neglected everything else i said and made me had to go back and forth over a small slip up.

And Steve's comment saying its standard implies i make absurd statements all the time. Ive fact check both of you on things you stated that were wrong and i would never come on here to remind you of your past failures. You bring up the Gillian/Agapova fight multiple times even tho i never betted on either one of them. The amount of gas lighting and snarky comment is the reason these forums are dying. More ppl use to post here ,now its just people wanting an echoe chamber, we should just all copy paste each others' bets. lets forget discussion, lets also remind people how bad they are. Give it a rest. Its exhausting and depressing despite all the work i do to share my knowledge and help out (free of charge) i still get attacked to show for it. Big steve's comment and all the people who liked that comment will never get nothing from me. That was a shit head comment and all the likes it received is depressing.

I have a gripe for 2 reasons with this comment. (pre bjj expert comment)

You implied i was betting on Kennedy, and was putting words in my mouth, when i made it clear he was a flake , and had no interest in the fight. And then you went on for 3 pages about Karl.

A decent response, 'Hey i don't agree with Karl being a bjj expert.' and move on. You neglected everything else i said and made me had to go back and forth over a small slip up.

And Steve's comment saying its standard implies i make absurd statements all the time. Ive fact check both of you on things you stated that were wrong and i would never come on here to remind you of your past failures. You bring up the Gillian/Agapova fight multiple times even tho i never betted on either one of them. The amount of gas lighting and snarky comment is the reason these forums are dying. More ppl use to post here ,now its just people wanting an echoe chamber, we should just all copy paste each others' bets. lets forget discussion, lets also remind people how bad they are. Give it a rest. Its exhausting and depressing despite all the work i do to share my knowledge and help out (free of charge) i still get attacked to show for it. Big steve's comment and all the people who liked that comment will never get nothing from me. That was a shit head comment and all the likes it received is depressing.

No, that's not implying YOU were betting on Kennedy. That's me saying that someone who read your breakdown and would maybe believe Kennedy's grappling would make him a reason to bet him should pump the brakes. That's all.

You seem incredibly sensitive and to be taking this really personally. I disagreed with parts of your breakdown (though not all of it). You didn't like my delivery in pointing out which parts (and you posted it above, and it's not a personal attack or rude in any way).

Haven't we gone over that Robertson/Agapova fight enough? Great that you passed, I was advocating a play on Gillian based on a massive grappling edge. You didn't think it was that big an edge and were talking about Agapova's height as some of the rationale. I was right, yay me. I've been wrong plenty too, as have you (and of course you've also been right plenty). This stuff just eats at you it seems, and it shouldn't.

I check this forum out once in a while like now, in order to hopefully get a break from the toxic twitter mma space full of egos...and then first thing I see here is people argue and throw mud at each other.

I get most of us might this when we´re like early teens...but then...I feel like how can people not get tired of this. Too much wasted energy.

Love each other brothers. Relax. In 5 months...5 weeks...5 days all this fighting is completely worthless. Just not worth it.

No, that's not implying YOU were betting on Kennedy. That's me saying that someone who read your breakdown and would maybe believe Kennedy's grappling would make him a reason to bet him should pump the brakes. That's all.

You seem incredibly sensitive and to be taking this really personally. I disagreed with parts of your breakdown (though not all of it). You didn't like my delivery in pointing out which parts (and you posted it above, and it's not a personal attack or rude in any way).

Haven't we gone over that Robertson/Agapova fight enough? Great that you passed, I was advocating a play on Gillian based on a massive grappling edge. You didn't think it was that big an edge and were talking about Agapova's height as some of the rationale. I was right, yay me. I've been wrong plenty too, as have you (and of course you've also been right plenty). This stuff just eats at you it seems, and it shouldn't.

Its the same thing, rather you imply me or someone reading it, how you think a 55% lean is me saying kennedy is going to win is beyond me.

Again there you go taking a snippet of a breakdown and watering down what i said.

I said Agapova had reversed Monroz who was larger than Gillian, i also stated that she was a boxer with some titles, and that Gillian is a flake with a near 50% mma record. She has as many wins as she does losses. How incredible you feel the need to remind me of a time you betted on a -150 favorite as a gotcha (stat doesn't know squat , he should just take our word) but will negate all the much more impressive reads this year:

Grasso beating Shevchenko, Santos having a closer fight with Shev than everyone else thought, and i got ridiculed for that one.
Dricus Du Plessius upsetting Robert
Most recenty pfl 300+ dog Pereiro beating Bubba Jenkins .
a 500+ dog on ares fight card were several posters banked.

I dont mind discussion, But stop watering down my post and trying to nit pick everything i post to gas light me to get a rise. I dont know if you do this on purpose for amusement, but its annoying having to reexplain myself .

I check this forum out once in a while like now, in order to hopefully get a break from the toxic twitter mma space full of egos...and then first thing I see here is people argue and throw mud at each other.

I get most of us might this when we´re like early teens...but then...I feel like how can people not get tired of this. Too much wasted energy.

Love each other brothers. Relax. In 5 months...5 weeks...5 days all this fighting is completely worthless. Just not worth it.
I don't feel this message board is anything like twitter. I've come to know some of you and have shared messages on dms.
And this mma betting discussion has changed my life in a good way. I no longer work a 9-5 , having a tight community is good for us all . But when you start alienating and attack someone and bring up old fights and past failures. Im going to defend myself. Im not anyones punching bag.

Its the same thing, rather you imply me or someone reading it, how you think a 55% lean is me saying kennedy is going to win is beyond me.

Again there you go taking a snippet of a breakdown and watering down what i said.

I said Agapova had reversed Monroz who was larger than Gillian, i also stated that she was a boxer with some titles, and that Gillian is a flake with a near 50% mma record. She has as many wins as she does losses. How incredible you feel the need to remind me of a time you betted on a -150 favorite as a gotcha (stat doesn't know squat , he should just take our word) but will negate all the much more impressive reads this year:

Grasso beating Shevchenko, Santos having a closer fight with Shev than everyone else thought, and i got ridiculed for that one.
Dricus Du Plessius upsetting Robert
Most recenty pfl 300+ dog Pereiro beating Bubba Jenkins .
a 500+ dog on ares fight card were several posters banked.

I dont mind discussion, But stop watering down my post and trying to nit pick everything i post to gas light me to get a rise. I dont know if you do this on purpose for amusement, but its annoying having to reexplain myself .

I bet Grasso too at +600 and thought the line was wide. Dude...nobody, me included, is "out to get you". And never have I said you're a bad capper or implied it. You have a giant chip on your shoulder and cannot stand even part of your post being called into question. It'd ridiculous, and I honestly feel kinda shitty that you take things so personally that aren't meant to be shots at you.

I bet Grasso too at +600 and thought the line was wide. Dude...nobody, me included, is "out to get you". And never have I said you're a bad capper or implied it. You have a giant chip on your shoulder and cannot stand even part of your post being called into question. It'd ridiculous, and I honestly feel kinda shitty that you take things so personally that aren't meant to be shots at you.
then why bump the thread? why bring up kennedy to me? i didn't bet.so why didn't you 'move on'

The fight didn't last long enough to even get a read to what kennedy would have done.

When Robbie beat Niko. I encouraged everyone to make fun of me if i was wrong. I dont have a frail ego. I find it strange why you feel the need to wanna remind me about fights i passed on.

Im not upset, texting makes it look like im fuming, im just baffled why you consistently bring up old fights?

I would not have said anything to anyone else, but you have specifically thrown past events in my face. Its like when someone pokes you once. You don't care, but you keep poking at me in my arm and im asking why you do that.

Anyways i'll try to sleep this one off and bury it. Be more careful with phrases. I didn't like the outlandish comment. But its whatever.

Back