UFC Nashville: Cory Sandhagen vs. Robert Font, August 5

Took Barcelos by decision at +350, don't think he finishes Kyler. He should win as long as he doesn't get cracked in round 1.

With that said... I have backed Barcelos more than once and lost

The problem with Andrade is that the only things she was ever really good at was that she is strong and had above average power. But as she gets older the wild looping hooks she throws are slower and more predictable. I fully expect Suarez to win by submission or ground & pound TKO in Round 1 or 2.
As she gets older? She’s 31 lol. Where is the evidence that her punches are slower and more predictable? Was Lauren Murphy able to predict her slow punches?

and above average power? One shot koing girls is above average power? Who’s above her at her weight class?

Suarez may get a quick TD and sub her when she gives her back up getting up. But Suarez is -400. That’s what’s implied. Andrade might crack her and she may shell up. I’ll take the big plus odds on wmma

If you need to ask this multiple times, you made a mistake regardless of outcome.

I’m not familiar with Gavin Tucker. That’s why I was asking for feedback/advice. Sorry it won’t happen again.

As she gets older? She’s 31 lol. Where is the evidence that her punches are slower and more predictable? Was Lauren Murphy able to predict her slow punches?

and above average power? One shot koing girls is above average power? Who’s above her at her weight class?

Suarez may get a quick TD and sub her when she gives her back up getting up. But Suarez is -400. That’s what’s implied. Andrade might crack her and she may shell up. I’ll take the big plus odds on wmma

I was more so talking about fight miles including the fact she got straight ran over in her last two fights. She also only has 5 KOs/TKOs in 35 fights but yeah keep acting like she’s one shot ko’ing girls left and right lol.

So is it safe to assume that everyone is riding with Sandhagen for this one?
What is Font's best path to victory?
I really enjoyed his performance against Yanez, but Sandhagen seems to be in prime condition right now, and it's hard to see him losing this one.

I was more so talking about fight miles including the fact she got straight ran over in her last two fights. She also only has 5 KOs/TKOs in 35 fights but yeah keep acting like she’s one shot ko’ing girls left and right lol.
Has anyone in wmma finished with a body punch besides Andrade? She’s dangerous and she has big punching power. Who else has the ability to one shot ko girls? The list is short

I like Gavin Tucker and after his debut against Sam Sicilia I thought he could have gone on to be a legitimate contender in the division but I feel like his career has unfortunately for him turned out to be very underwhelming.

Like when he initially signed he had some decent hype behind him, was approaching his prime and in his UFC wins he's actually looked good. Unfortunately for him he's had like nearly half a dozen fights cancelled for whatever reason and been at best fighting once a year for his entire UFC stint - 6 fights in 6 in a half years can't do you any good - especially now he's 37. In the lighter weight classes it's generally your speed and reflexes that start to fade first and unfortunately for him, 37 is pretty ancient in 145 and below - there's a reason there's only 3 fighter aged 37+ in the top 30 of 145, let alone the fact that they're generally getting worse not better.

I don't know too much about his opponent so it's not really much in the way of analysis around how he matches up with him - Tucker could maybe win, he is after all a pretty skilled guy but more just a post lamenting the way his career has gone due to inactivity.

He's not the first and won't be the last but it's always interesting when you see fighters who you feel could have done a lot more. You'd imagine it's even more frustrating for them because if some fella the other side of the world who's just watched his fights once each can see it - he and fighters like him going through the same thing will absolutely know it.

So is it safe to assume that everyone is riding with Sandhagen for this one?
What is Font's best path to victory?
I really enjoyed his performance against Yanez, but Sandhagen seems to be in prime condition right now, and it's hard to see him losing this one.

I struggle to find an area where Font is better. Maybe he has more pure power in his punches? But Corey has shown a granite chin so...yeah.

I think Corey wears Rob down and either breaks him and gets a late finish or wins a lopsided decision.

UFC on ESPN 50 Pick

Damon Jackson to win (+145)

In what promises to be an exciting matchup, Damon Jackson is set to face off against Billy Quarantillo.

This fight should absolutely be on the main card.

Both fighters are 34 years old and share a similar record with 5 losses each.

They are both coming off knockout losses, with Billy Q being knocked out last April and Damon last January.

I expect this fight to be close for the first round, but I believe Damon "The Leech" Jackson will ultimately take control on the ground.

While I predict a win for Damon via submission, I will be placing my bet on the Moneyline for him to secure the victory.

Hadley plus or evens money inside against Durden feels like one of those Bet of the Year lines. Hadley is a great finisher in a variety of ways only decision win he has was Luke Shanks who withstood a couple 10-8 beatings in a 5 rounder.

Durden is gonna get his ass beat bad he literally doesnt have an advantage anywhere physically or technically. Hadley should already be ranked.

Like last week with Miranda-Pricilla I feel like it doesnt make any sense for Corey to lose this one. There aint even a momentum factor going against him. Font throws lot of volume and if Corey doesnt throw back and deliver damage I guess he might lose a decision. But again it doesnt seem like a result that makes sense in any way. Personally I see it as showcase and Corey would sub him after dropping him on the feet.

Like last week with Miranda-Pricilla I feel like it doesnt make any sense for Corey to lose this one. There aint even a momentum factor going against him. Font throws lot of volume and if Corey doesnt throw back and deliver damage I guess he might lose a decision. But again it doesnt seem like a result that makes sense in any way. Personally I see it as showcase and Corey would sub him after dropping him on the feet.

Font throws volume but Corey does too...maybe even more.

I agree on the sub too, it's in play. Fanduel had Corey sub in 3,4, or 5 at +2200 and I'm for sure taking a small stab at that.

Hadley plus or evens money inside against Durden feels like one of those Bet of the Year lines. Hadley is a great finisher in a variety of ways only decision win he has was Luke Shanks who withstood a couple 10-8 beatings in a 5 rounder.

Durden is gonna get his ass beat bad he literally doesnt have an advantage anywhere physically or technically. Hadley should already be ranked.

Record says he went 5 with some dude named Zulu back in 2019 too, so he has 2 decision wins. I agree though, he's aggressive and always is looking to finish and is the more skilled guy here. His ITD line at +100 is fine, I may play it. But I think I'm also gonna play Hadley sub rd 1 or 2 at +320. Half of Hadley's 10 wins are by sub, and of those 5 only one was past rd 2. And 3 of Cody's 4 losses are by sub, and all 3 of those were in the first 2 rounds.

I haven't been on the forums for a bit due to my holiday, scrolling from the beginning today.

Honestly don't remember this many outlandish takes from so many different users. Other than Stat of course which is pretty standard.

I'm looking at Hadley also but don't like his ML... If you have it his -3.5 points handicap isn't much worse odds then his ITD line and still gives us a chance to win if it goes to DEC.

I haven't been on the forums for a bit due to my holiday, scrolling from the beginning today.

Honestly don't remember this many outlandish takes from so many different users. Other than Stat of course which is pretty standard.
Gaslighting, saying Kennedy is a better grappler than Jacoby is not 'outlandish..'

Gaslighting, saying Kennedy is a better grappler than Jacoby is not 'outlandish..'

I'm guessing he meant the comment about Roberson being a "bjj expert". I doubt anyone would think you were being outlandish saying Kennedy is the better grappler in this fight tonight.

I'm guessing he meant the comment about Roberson being a "bjj expert". I doubt anyone would think you were being outlandish saying Kennedy is the better grappler in this fight tonight.

Bjj expert is not grand master , this is just semantics where you place too much value on a word. He got subbed by Vetorri, Glover and Brandon Allen, and Ferreira who is a black belt and has subs on good fighters. These are elite grapplers, not cans.

Karl reversed 3x and beat Turman who is a blackbelt himself and a bjj expert. Karl has a bjj match coming up. He is also a black belt. What is the definition of an expert?

Back