UFC Fox 27 - Jacare vs Brunson II - Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he won a close decision myself

But it should’ve been more decisive. Maybe it’s the spider factor-him being a legend getting into brunsons Head

I’m sitting here waiting hoping brunsons line gets a bit higher. Usually the trend with jacare is that people hammer his line no matter what the juice is

Hoping it doesn’t go the other way

I hit Souza’s opener small at -150, .7 unit

I’m gonna watch some tape before I fully back brunson. I may just play his ko line

Hit his dec line for two units
i wouldnt hold your breath for the line to get better on Brunson. I actually think this line will settle somewhere like -120/+110

i wouldnt hold your breath for the line to get better on Brunson. I actually think this line will settle somewhere like -120/+110
yea Thinking the same

Let’s not all forget brunsons performance vs Silva and the habit he has of blocking punches with his chin
Very much this. Although I thought he looked very measured and calm with his counter striking against kelly and machida. He made a very good read against machida. I don't remember the sequence off the top of my head but I remember being impressed he caught on so quickly and countered.

We mustnt forgot either that brun is +150 and jac is 38 with a lot of post usada question marks.

Anyone looking to bet yeon? She gonna catch kish with some hard shots if she just charges in. Reckon she wins the standup. Only early thoughts. Gonna watch some fights.

Yes sir. Fire Fist's right hand is going to land flush to Kish's face when she rushes in. Kish coming up 10 lbs. & Kim is going down 10 lbs to 125. Have 1 unit on Kim Dec +490. Kish is going to get hit often but she has good punch resistance. The match should go the distance. Conversely, Kish's easiest path to victory is to maneuver Kim into the fence. From there Kish will score with her Thai clinch. Knees, elbows & perhaps even takedowns. If the majority of the match is spent up against the fence Kish will win via decision.

I liked Brunson at his opener of like +110 or +115, pretty shocked it jumped to +150. Have 2u on his ml and .6u on his KO line. Also agree that the Kim/Kish line is ridiculous, have .5u on Kim Dec +489.

I liked Brunson at his opener of like +110 or +115, pretty shocked it jumped to +150. Have 2u on his ml and .6u on his KO line. Also agree that the Kim/Kish line is ridiculous, have .5u on Kim Dec +489.
Brunson round 1 is +475. Just sayin'

Yes sir. Fire Fist's right hand is going to land flush to Kish's face when she rushes in. Kish coming up 10 lbs. & Kim is going down 10 lbs to 125. Have 1 unit on Kim Dec +490. Kish is going to get hit often but she has good punch resistance. The match should go the distance. Conversely, Kish's easiest path to victory is to maneuver Kim into the fence. From there Kish will score with her Thai clinch. Knees, elbows & perhaps even takedowns. If the majority of the match is spent up against the fence Kish will win via decision.
Kish low iq may not give herself best chance of winning. Uses her strength and will more than technique. Hoping this will be less effective against a bigger opponent. Although Kim didn't look strong there last fight. Takedowns ain't gonna be the end of the world in this one either. Kish ain't gonna lay n pray and can lose position. Can't get my head round this price. Has anyone bet the fav or thinking about it here? Someone must to get bet to 1.3 .

Brunson round 1 is +475. Just sayin'

I was going to hit that, and may still stab small, but I am thinking he comes out pretty conservative early trying to keep a long range to avoid Jacare's tds. Whitaker did this as well and then turned it up after getting back to his feet in rd 1 and stuffing some telegraphed shots in rd 2. Jacare looked lost after not being able to control/sub Whit early and started to get picked apart/hurt in every exchange.

I'm a unit on ml so far. Prob double it. Taking a small stab on the ko. She's tough but that style means it's live

I was going to hit that, and may still stab small, but I am thinking he comes out pretty conservative early trying to keep a long range to avoid Jacare's tds. Whitaker did this as well and then turned it up after getting back to his feet in rd 1 and stuffing some telegraphed shots in rd 2. Jacare looked lost after not being able to control/sub Whit early and started to get picked apart/hurt in every exchange.
All of his KOs have come in the first round. Not saying it's guaranteed to happen or anything, but at nearly 5 to 1, I'm okay taking that bet

Gillespie is -275 on BetDSI? That has to be an error, right?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe O1.5 @1.72 is not a bad bet, i think both are going to start conservative. Jacare rushed for the TD in the Whittaker fight and he was lost, maybe this time he will be more patient in searching for it. Maybe i will wait for better price tho and hedge with Brunson R1.

Brunson and his camp say a lot of times that the key to victory against Jacare is to be patient and make the fight a chess match.

yeah bisping referred to him as "the incredible shrinking man" which i thought was quite funny. his traps and shoulders look noticeably smaller compared to a few years ago. could be an age thing, could also be a hot sauce thing.

This intrigued me so I spent 2 minutes digging:
now.JPGApril 14, 2017

then.JPG April 17, 2015

Only two images, very different lighting,...I dunno what else to say. It's pretty stunning.

Vinc Pichel

-unable to get a fight, just never came about
-discusses last fight, his dedication to watching fighter tape, research and carrying out game plan.
-matches up well against silva, says hes got good stand up, bjj black belt and well rounded
-suggest he has more dangerous striking so has an advantage over silva
-training camp is rough but going well, working ass off. Working with training partners (up and comers)
-worked with guys at tj grapplers.
-going for that ko finish due to it being his style, does not want a sub finish

Jordon Rinaldi

-been side lined with injuries in past
-trying to evolve and get better each day
-says GG has buzz on him, suggest wrestlers will strike with him. Says his gaurd is very good though.
-Rinaldi has better striking then GG more technical and varied.
-understands gg is 10-0, but will be first one to give him a loss, its no bother about opponents record
-worked in small gym with close set guys, also douglas lima
-fought 145 before, but weight cut is going well and easy
-sees a lot of stand up war, says gg will come to bang with him, but he will see what works best for him.

Andre Fili

-found time to do training during holiday season still so all went well
-jumped on the fight with bermudez
-says his opponent has ko power, athletic
-says he is still the better fighter at this point, will be a great win for him
-worked with elkins, watched tape lots of times, elkins has provided all the insight on beating him
-worked with josh emmett, chad mendes, tyler diamond and few others at TAM for this fight
-worked with short stocky wrestlers at TAM so he is gonna be use to it
-plans to pick him apart, catch him with a right hand, wont be afriad to take him down which he can.
suggest if bermudez shoots it wont work well.

Randa Markos

-feels great and relaxed after this holiday season
-ate well during xmas, stayed around 130 pounds though since knew fight was coming up
-trains at Michigan at 2 different gyms, (ji jitsu/wrestling at one gym, boxing in another)
-feels did well, not sure what judges saw with grasso winning
-not happy with ufc having fights in high altitude since its no good for anyone
-says lima is a grinder, wants upper hand at striking against her
-but not looked too much against lima opponent, not seen any tape on her opponent
-focuses on her own improving game set and mentality
-feels has evolved more in his ji jitsu lately
-has a cardio, breathing coach
-not working in pharmacy, now works full time mma
-feels lima will use wrestling but she will be ready

Dober

-doing strength and conditioning today
-asking for a fight last year but just took a while
-this is a Welterweight bout against frank, said franks missed weight so agreed @170 weight
-wont have to worry about re-hydrating, scale etc
-knows frank has bonuses and ufc knows he bites his mouth piece and swings so understands
match up, says he is perfect match up.
-says working in team elevation camp, improved a lot. Working in a family gym kinda, working with
some new up and comers, working with Corey sandhagen (says best striker in team) Austin baldwin, neil magy and few others.
-eating clean still and staying in shape
-expects fireworks, looking to stand and bang since that is what frank does and he does best.

Frank Camacho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2n29jL_wf8
-training is good, has a small cut (shiner below right eye)
-found out 4 weeks ago, so went from 155 to 170. both dober and himself want 165 class
-trained during holiday run up at gym
-knows dober is a kickboxer, does not want to get kicked by his tree trunk legs.
-plans on throwing his boxing combinations against dober
-says its his 4-5th ufc fight (has only had 2 fights though)
-relaxed now that fights at 170, can actually enjoy life properly again
-plans on winning, says dober is tough can wrestle and strike with him. Wants to implement new stuff in this fight (no clarification)

Justin Kish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t-8-f58BBQ
-enjoying the snow at home
-wants to compete right away after her loss (herring)
-not sure why the delay of her next fight, wants to fight more. Use to fight weekly in thailand
-knows her mistakes and wants to shake it off right away
-says 115 is doable, says 125 will be much better and fighting close to home
-usually does not study opponents but this time, but has studied Kim tape
says she has a solid right hand, likes to strike and come forward.
-suggest she works better when opponents come forward so match up is good
-training partners from italy (small team), but working at gymo gym also.
-Worked on better footwork to avoid Kims right hand, but wont give too much info.
Feels kim will run into her due to her aggression, giving her chance to show case lots of things.

Kish low iq may not give herself best chance of winning. Uses her strength and will more than technique. Hoping this will be less effective against a bigger opponent. Although Kim didn't look strong there last fight. Takedowns ain't gonna be the end of the world in this one either. Kish ain't gonna lay n pray and can lose position. Can't get my head round this price. Has anyone bet the fav or thinking about it here? Someone must to get bet to 1.3 .

kish loves banging, i seriously can't envision her coming to wall and stall or win rounds with positional control. i wouldn't be surprised if kish stays at range even if she's eating shots all night.

yeon has some good shot selection with her boxing and i think she'll easily find the target on kish.

Just maxxed Gillespie sub +6xx a few times.

...aka 0.13u each time

I'm on Brunson. I would say "wait for weighin," cause of the way he looked physically vs Whittaker... but I'm fearful the line will drop in the meantime.

Looks like a guy who's on post usada decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back