UFC Fox 27 - Jacare vs Brunson II - Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think both gregor and bektic should be around the -300 range so yeah, prices have got out of hand.

i may still play gregor in some fashion though i think he has so many excellent attributes for mma.

only watched a bit of tape but i think the lines are way off on kish/yeon. i think it will be highly competitive.

yeon has better hands, boxing-centric approach whereas kish has a muay thai base and all the diversity you'd expect. both girls have minimal defence. split dec either way wouldn't surprise me here.

They're randomly chucking a regional bout onto the card on a week's notice?

They're randomly chucking a regional bout onto the card on a week's notice?
Bit weird. They did that with UFC 213 too, added two fights on short notice actually.

you're not impressed with Price? I was concerned that the Jouban win was, FLOABW, a fluke, but I watched some tape on him and I'm nearly sold enough to drink the juice. I just can't get past the ridiculous braided goatee look, makes it hard to take him seriously.
He had alot of luck in last fights, Vincent exposed him. One think though is George hasnt the best tdd and Price can go for takedowns. Its a pass for me

Bit weird. They did that with UFC 213 too, added two fights on short notice actually.
Cody Stamman's atleast a legit prospect. They've got a DWC wash-out and a random LFA dude on this card. If they're gonna drag somebody from LFA, you think they'd go with Le?

Cody Stamman's atleast a legit prospect. They've got a DWC wash-out and a random LFA dude on this card. If they're gonna drag somebody from LFA, you think they'd go with Le?
They really need to sign Le. Perhaps they want to give him a bit more time to make his debut.

Has someone already watched tape on Koch-Green. Bobby looked very good in his draw with Vannata and if this stays on the feet i think Koch is gone.

Bobby has better boxing than Koch, but I'm not sure that he is the better striker.

Not to argue if she should be the favorite in this fight but I just rewatched her fight with Aldana and she had 0 TD in that fight. She would grab high at the hip and then stop half way through. Her UFC stats show 0 TD and 0 submissions. She has 1 armbar finish in her pro career. I find that interesting because one of the commentators (don't remember who) said that Chook is a BJJ coach. Her kicks looked like her biggest weapon in the Aldana fight.

Huh? I don't want her to even try and take Borello down she can keep this standing and easily beat her up on the feet.

Borella looks like a live dog to me

Have you watched Borella's fights? She looks like she has improved a bit the last year but man i really think the Faria fight is some weird anomaly which means we are getting a solid line here.

Bobby has better boxing than Koch, but I'm not sure that he is the better striker.
The 'beating Roufussport' handbook is on its 8th edition at this point, and Koch is essentially just the poor man's Pettis.

The 'beating Roufussport' handbook is on its 8th edition at this point, and Koch is essentially just the poor man's Pettis.

Will Bobby have a grinding strategy with pressure and takedowns? Usually Bobby is happy to stand long periods of time on the feet striking. I'm not sure that Bobby can do what Guida did

I'm on his ML too, but after what I watched last night I couldn't help but stab his decision line at +1025.

Hrmmm can't hate +1025 at all heh. Just have a hard time seeing him go 25..

That said.. I'm probably stabbing at that, too!

anyone betting Mara Romero Borella ? Good odds and there is a chance that she will grind Chookogian out.
What do you think guys ?!?!

I took 0.33u of her nsc line +160ish

Chook can't finish a tuna sandwich

Borella's td's suck and her striking is terrible. Chook has decent tdd and knows the fundamentals. She is not getting taken down by a head and arm throw or a lame outside trip like dud kept falling for. Chooks distance management is excellent always has her feet underneath and doesnt over commit or wade into the pocket like faria did. Her fight against suzi cant recall surname is one of the worst robberies ive seen. For a woman shes pretty chinny too.

I think she's come a long way from her early stoppage losses. Training with nunes etc has sharpened her

That said I could see her get outpointed for a Dec obviously

I took 0.33u of her nsc line +160ish

Chook can't finish a tuna sandwich

I'd be careful there i know it's chook and i know it's wmma but borella is very chinny. She got put out cold by Elmose and she completely folded when Tang landed some gnp. She was also so close to be ko'd by Lena in the fight where the decision was overturned. The hk she hit carmouche with puts borella out for sure.

Jacare is 38 now, looked terrible in his last few outings, footwork seems to be gone and his body is definitely changing drastically post USADA. Brunson has a legit fantastic chance of getting the finish/winning if he doesnt rush in face first with his chin out.

The first fight shouldnt be referenced because these two fighters are completely different now.
Terrible?

Even a washed jacare is still dangerous. I don’t think he’s washed yet
maybe to boost ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back