UFC fighters heading to Bellator

Toxxus

The Ancient One
@red
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like the trickle has increased to a significant number of recognizable names heading to Bellator or planning to as soon as their contracts are up.

What in the actual fuck is WME doing?

they need to do whatever they can to save money.. Theyll forever be the top org regardless.

Their NY card is looking pretty impressive. If old terminator Fedor shows up those old questions of how hed do against UFC HWs will be asked again. Thats a very good thing for Bellator. If they snag Mousasi coming up itll be time for this fan to start taking them as seriously as I took Strikeforce. Strikeforces HW division was the best in the world for a brief spell. WME knows fuck all about MMA as sport, theyre in it more for the celebrity recruitment aspect I think. Scott Coker knows his shit.

Other than Rory they should all be in Bellator.
Rory is the only one who'll return to the UFC.

I heard Big Country is heading over as well. He was my favorite HW gatekeeper.

So annoyed.

I love big country but he had been taking far too much damage in his recent fights, completely one sided and it's a little uncomfortable to watch.
I hope he finds some competitive matches at Bellator, he's a rare case of someone having a chin that's just too good.

It's starting to feel like the trickle has increased to a significant number of recognizable names heading to Bellator or planning to as soon as their contracts are up.

WME is nickel and diming the fighters just like Zuffa did.

Nelson is a bad loss for UFC, they are stupid to let him go. Reason I say that is because I have been at 2 UFC events that Nelson was on the card and he got some of the loudest cheers of any fighter on the entire cards, the crowd liked him and was into him for sure. The main event pop was the same as his. Fans like him at the events, its a very poor cut

UFC and Bellator are having a petty fight while WWE prepares to take over the business.<33>

Nelson is a bad loss for UFC, they are stupid to let him go. Reason I say that is because I have been at 2 UFC events that Nelson was on the card and he got some of the loudest cheers of any fighter on the entire cards, the crowd liked him and was into him for sure. The main event pop was the same as his. Fans like him at the events, its a very poor cut
He's is popular, however he's also an aging fat ass that's turned into a punching bag and has no relevance in the division.

Their NY card is looking pretty impressive. If old terminator Fedor shows up those old questions of how hed do against UFC HWs will be asked again. Thats a very good thing for Bellator. If they snag Mousasi coming up itll be time for this fan to start taking them as seriously as I took Strikeforce. Strikeforces HW division was the best in the world for a brief spell. WME knows fuck all about MMA as sport, theyre in it more for the celebrity recruitment aspect I think. Scott Coker knows his shit.

I got tickets to this event. Should be great, regardless of Fedor/Meat Head and Wandy/Sonnen. You got 3 title fights on there as well that should be great...Chandler/Primus & Lima/Larkin & Phil Davis/Bader. If they keep signing UFC talent, even if older, they will be able to put on 6-8 solid cards per year with 2 or 3 being PPV IMO. Not to mention I can see them doing a bunch of legends fights like Vitor wants to do once he gets this last fight of his UFC contract out of the way.

If UFC doesn't sign mousasi, I'll be shocked. Bellator lands Mousasi, who MIGHT be top middleweight in world, post usada, this could be the beginning of Bellator becoming Strikeforce which could actually pick up steam being that new UFC seems to be more interested in making these popularity fights or whatever you want to call it. I mean, how long can that last ?

Fighters used to retire when getting cut, they dont see it as going to the minor leagues anymore

It's the Conor effect. People don't like how they've been treated in comparison.

He's is popular, however he's also an aging fat ass that's turned into a punching bag and has no relevance in the division.
I think he embraced his "fat slob does good" image too seriously.

This is what happens when you take away sponsorship money. I don't see any logical explanation as to why the UFC took away fighter's sponsorships other than spite and greed.

Scott knows how to get fighters but really doesn't know how to promote them. The ppv for the NYC card isnt really been push by Bellator promotion team unless you watch spike tv.

Back