UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik

Thoughts on Damon stoppage/DQ at -138? He's a good dynamic finisher all around and IMO best fighter out of Fortis yes even better than Neal to me. I just don't know much about his opponent.
I think Damon should be able to get the stoppage. He is gonna have a size and experience advantage. I watched Dans last fight in lfa and was not very impressed, honestly thought he might have lost the fight too. He looked like a fish outta water on his back which will be a major issue against Damon. Think it was early in the fight that he got taken down and spent a good amount of the round on his back not even attempting to get up.. His striking was also not impressive, chin was up and he was getting tagged alot. Guess he has decent volume and honestly seems pretty tough which is kinda making me hesitant on going to big but id be surprised if he didnt get him outta there. Just watch a round or teo of his last fight and you will see

Also don’t get the love on ode osbourne

fight should be a pickem. Adashev is going to pressure the hell out of him for 3 rounds. No reason why he can’t destroy his legs like he did with Benoit.

Tapology out of their minds thinking ode kos him. Who is ode knocking out that he’s all of sudden going to sleep adashev who has a solid chin? Jerome Rivera?

I dont even think ode can take him down. This is going to be a closely contested striking battle and adashev was holding his own against a better rangier striker in su.

vergara would’ve beat ode and probably finished him had it been a 5 round fight. He pressures and throws looping shots like adashev but adashev is faster and much more polished.

Well I think they put this together because they want Adashev to answer the 'Su Mudaerji' question - he didn't look at all comfortable being a southpaw fighting another southpaw with a significant reach advantage. He couldn't seem to find a way to close the distance regularly, and kept shifting to orthodox at the end of his combos - I didn't like that, as he looked awkward and seemed to keep double-guessing himself.

Now he faces another southpaw with another, very similar frame and reach advantage. Given how poor Adashev looked in the Su Mudaerji fight, and how Osborne is a pretty persistent aggressor AND manages distance pretty well, I definitely favour Ode on paper.

Will OO get the finish? Probably not, Adashev's not great by any means, but I think he'd have to produce something a bit different to finish him. I imagine it's a decision either way.

I favour Molina, but I think he's getting overhyped

Zhalgas decision +300 worth a stab imo

Molina's volume is probably the key, Zhalgas has a solid chance, but if he's not aggressive enough I can see him struggling to match Molina's output.

Liked and will watch later. Any reason I need to go to youtube to watch it rather then just her?
Appreciate you, and everyone from Sherdog commenting, maybe the forum still has some life in it.

I am trying to fix the playback option so people can watch it places I link it.

Well I think they put this together because they want Adashev to answer the 'Su Mudaerji' question - he didn't look at all comfortable being a southpaw fighting another southpaw with a significant reach advantage. He couldn't seem to find a way to close the distance regularly, and kept shifting to orthodox at the end of his combos - I didn't like that, as he looked awkward and seemed to keep double-guessing himself.

Now he faces another southpaw with another, very similar frame and reach advantage. Given how poor Adashev looked in the Su Mudaerji fight, and how Osborne is a pretty persistent aggressor AND manages distance pretty well, I definitely favour Ode on paper.

Will OO get the finish? Probably not, Adashev's not great by any means, but I think he'd have to produce something a bit different to finish him. I imagine it's a decision either way.

Molina's volume is probably the key, Zhalgas has a solid chance, but if he's not aggressive enough I can see him struggling to match Molina's output.
If adashev didn’t get clipped at the end of round 2 he wins that fight. It was very competitive. Su only really separated himself in the 3rd round

ode doesn’t have nearly the same range, even though they have similar builds. Ode will stand just outside of the pocket and I think adashev will have more success because he constantly won’t have to crash to cover a large distance.

ode also relies on head movement for defense and has hands down quite a bit. He’s more hittable than su.

I won’t be surprised if adashev sparks him. He’s got power even though he doesn’t have any finishes in the ufc. He also has thudding leg kicks and ode doesn’t check them and is heavy on the lead leg.

If adashev didn’t get clipped at the end of round 2 he wins that fight. It was very competitive. Su only really separated himself in the 3rd round

ode doesn’t have nearly the same range, even though they have similar builds. Ode will stand just outside of the pocket and I think adashev will have more success because he constantly won’t have to crash to cover a large distance.

ode also relies on head movement for defense and has hands down quite a bit. He’s more hittable than su.

I won’t be surprised if adashev sparks him. He’s got power even though he doesn’t have any finishes in the ufc. He also has thudding leg kicks and ode doesn’t check them and is heavy on the lead leg.

I understand what you mean about Ode standing just outside range, but that's efficient distance management when done correctly - I look at Strickland, he does something similar, minimal movements, although he has a much smaller silhouette than Ode, making him harder to hit. I don't really see Adashev chopping the leg, but I certainly advice him to. Ode will stand on the lead leg, like you say, and if he looks to counter rather than check/avoid, those will add up pretty quickly.

I would give Adashev a better chance of finishing Ode than the other way round, but I think this one goes the distance. I actually don't think it will be all that exciting, unless something crazy happens early on and both guys just let their guards down. I think it will be a plodding, moderately technical affair, and I can only see Adashev playing catch up on the numbers.

Anyway, good luck Captain! I agree with most of your analysis, but I just happen to think the sum total favours Ode :)

I understand what you mean about Ode standing just outside range, but that's efficient distance management when done correctly - I look at Strickland, he does something similar, minimal movements, although he has a much smaller silhouette than Ode, making him harder to hit. I don't really see Adashev chopping the leg, but I certainly advice him to. Ode will stand on the lead leg, like you say, and if he looks to counter rather than check/avoid, those will add up pretty quickly.

I would give Adashev a better chance of finishing Ode than the other way round, but I think this one goes the distance. I actually don't think it will be all that exciting, unless something crazy happens early on and both guys just let their guards down. I think it will be a plodding, moderately technical affair, and I can only see Adashev playing catch up on the numbers.

Anyway, good luck Captain! I agree with most of your analysis, but I just happen to think the sum total favours Ode :)

Well I think adashev needs to put the pressure on for sure. He can’t just stay there and point fight and i don’t think he will. I think it could potentially be a great fight and always appreciate good feedback from a long time poster

Got a small bet on JJ DEC. Can see the upset. A little on Herrig too.

Main bet is Jair KO. Volkov's chin and will is fucked....

I didn't like much on this card and what I did like is pretty much the opposite of what I'm reading here.

My biggest plays are the under in Molina/Zhumagulov, Osbourne/Adashev, and Botelho/Silva.

Smaller I have the under in Trizano/Almeida, Almeida ML, and Munoz ML.

The Molina/Zhumagulov under is the one that stood out to me the most. I love Zhumagulov but he's like a punching dummy on the feet. I think his wrestling will work, but Molina will jump right back up, and I think eventually he'll get finished with a swarm knockout. Probably a little Krause bias here since I think he always puts out a good strategy, and Molina is young enough to listen.

I made a few small plays for this card but no research really, just going off memory. Might live bet some, but I may miss some of the card too.

Got a bit on Bigi Boy KO, Solecki itd, K Silva decision, Menefield itd. That's it.

If you're playing Movsar at -400 here just stop betting on MMA. Truly one of the squarest lines I've ever seen.

In hindsight looks like it wasn't. He should have been -600 at least lol

I didn't play it FWIW. Put a sprinkle on Ige rd 3 at +3300

Back